Breastfeeding

How do you respond?

DH says I'm imagining things, but I always feel like I'm being judged when people ask how long I plan on BFing.  How do y'all respond when people ask you that?

I don't really care what they think, I just get annoyed at the question.  

Re: How do you respond?

• 4N6s4N6s member
    "Hopefully a year" 
  • Loading the player...
  • @4N6s that's been my response so far, but since we're rapidly approaching the one year mark and I have no desire to stop, I feel like I need a new response.
  • My son is 14 months and still breastfeeding. When people ask I say "until he's ready to stop."
  • I would say something like "I'm playing it by ear". Do most people have a definitive plan? It felt to me like it would go until it didn't work anymore. Not anything you could predict exactly. 
  • I would say I don't know yet, why? And then further response depends on their answer. 
  • Kind of late to this post but my I'm still nursing my 22 mo old and my goal has always been 2 years and am ok with ds continuing after I get some pretty funny looks from some but im just honest and state quickly with a smile why its important to me and move on:) I definitely do feel judged but people are always going to judge whether they think you nurse to long or you didn't nurse long enough you ultimately know what's right for you and your LO and that IS what is best.
  • "We'll see."