November 2016 Moms

Random Thread - Mon-Fri-5/9-13/slash-dash/excessive-description

Park 'em here.

But remember:

Re: Random Thread - Mon-Fri-5/9-13/slash-dash/excessive-description

• Elev429Elev429 member
    Catching up on RHWNY today @HomeyDontPlayThat .  Woke up middle of the night pukey so now Im on the couch for the day.  
    Married Nov. 3rd, 2012
    DS Born 12/20/13
    #2 EDD 11/20/2016
  • Loading the player...
  • Ugh, I fell yesterday in my kitchen. We were having a BBQ and someone must've spilled something on the floor. I was wearing flip flops and slipped on it. I went backwards but must've overcorrected myself because I ended up falling to the floor on my knees. It scared me so I started crying. I feel okay - I had been having a lot of stretching and pinching feelings before it happened so I felt a couple later on last night. I called my doctor and she said I didn't need to come in but part of me wishes I could just to make sure!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • My dreams are starting to get weird...and they're all really violent and morbid.  What is wrong with my head?  Saturday night I had a dream that I found a little girl's body by my house and freaked out so I buried her in my basement and the whole town was out looking for her.  Last night I had a zombie/The Walking Dead dream. 
    Me: 31 | H: 32
    Married September 2014
    TTC #1 December 2014
    RE appt 12/2015
    CD3 labs normal | HSG 1/8/16 clear | H's SA excellent
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    February 2016, cycle 16 - cycle #1 with Letrozole 5mg + TI | Progesterone=20.6
    BFP 2/24/16 - EDD 11/7/16
    It's a girl!
    Isla Quinn born 10/29/16 at 38w5d via C/S
    --------
    TFAS March 2018
    RE consultation 8/2/18
    Suprise! BFP 8/8/18 natural cycle | EDD 4/19/19
    It's a girl!
    Afton Noelle born 4/10/19 at 38w5d via natural VBAC
  • LikeICantEvenLikeICantEven member
    edited May 2016
    My dreams are starting to get weird...and they're all really violent and morbid.  What is wrong with my head?  Saturday night I had a dream that I found a little girl's body by my house and freaked out so I buried her in my basement and the whole town was out looking for her.  Last night I had a zombie/The Walking Dead dream. 
    I totally get The Walking Dead dreams. Post-apocalyptic, blowing people away, hunting through the woods, all that. I wake up feeling like a murderer or badass. Mostly badass, I only kill bad people.

I always try to tell DH what amazing feats I just accomplished, but it comes out sounding cray.
  • My child is a nightmare right now and I'm working from home without any backup. Thankfully my boss is so understanding. Otherwise I'd be screwed. 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • I came downstairs this morning to my lovely DD adding art to the wall...aka about 30-40 Dora stickers and one was circles in pencil - she must have liked that one the most  :(

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @aquasocks I've been out of the toddler game quite some time now; thanks for reminder of how scary they can be. 
  • banfrogbanfrog member
    I've dug up the kids's shorts for the summer. The boys are ecstatic.
  • shevaCCshevaCC member
    My family took me out to eat for Mothers Day yesterday and today I have tasty leftovers for lunch. I woke up late this morning and skipped breakfast so I'm contemplating first lunch at 9:30am :)
  • Watching Willy Wonka with my son and crying because he found the golden ticket. Hormones are a bitch
    Good morninggggg, look at the sun!  And now I have Willy Wonka songs in my head.  :blush: It will always be one of my favorites.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My mom stresses me out so much yesterday paired with work stressing me out I slept for 3 hours last night (woke up 330 this morning). Around 8 I decided to call in sick and slept until noon and it was wonderful. However I'm still avoiding my mom and we currently live in her basement apartment. 
  • @kristah2 I can relate. We currently live with mine too. I try to stay positive, I really do, but little things just drive me nuts. 
  • Being sick while taking care of a toddler is the worst. Of all the days I need a real nap, of course he sleeps 30 minutes. I pushed and was a good mom until 2 hrs ago. We've been watching Curious George and Sesame Street on rotation since then. 3 hrs till bed. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can....
  • whaatwhaat member
    My mom just texted me to ask if it would be a good idea for her to go to Florida on vacation from Nov 13-20. We live in NJ. She knows her first grandchild is due on the 2nd. 
    After I stated the obvious, she's now acting like she's not going to go and it's this big sacrifice she's making for me. I bet she'll talk about how she's missing out all November.
  • shevaCCshevaCC member
    @whaat, that sounds annoying! My mom stayed with us for the first two weeks after DD was born and having her help was invaluable. Then my MIL stayed with us for a week and I was counting down the days until she left. MIL is a lovely person but her way of helping didn't mesh well with what I wanted/needed. 

I might just tell her to go if she wants so I wouldn't have to hear about her "sacrifice".
  • @whaat that would make my blood boil! I hope she wises up to how she's coming across.
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• whaatwhaat member
    @shevaCC yeah I regret not just telling her to go. I'd rather her feel guilty (for potentially missing the birth?) than have her force me to feel guilty. She's very selfish and manipulative, but I'll need her help so.. *shrug*
  • Girl, more power to you. I could not deal with my mom with my first. I may end up needing her to distract DS when we take home this baby and I'm dreading it. @whaat
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Elev429Elev429 member
    With my 1st my mom came a week before my due date.  Ds was born 9 days late. It was awful.  All I wanted to do when I got home from work was sleep but felt obligated to entertain.  Then was not very helpful when I got home.   That is one of the main reasons im leaning toward a repeat c section.  
    Married Nov. 3rd, 2012
    DS Born 12/20/13
    #2 EDD 11/20/2016
  • pinnerkpinnerk member
    I had a super explicit sex dream about my co worker and now I get all giggly when I see him! Its so awkward lol. 
    I've also discovered that I can live off a box of crackers for the full day which is all I wanted. 
    11 days till a 3 day long weekend out of town! I'm so excited to do some much needed shopping. 
    I might be getting a new car but I'm not excited 
  • banfrogbanfrog member
    Today was a rough day of toddler/preschooler  shenanigans. Tomorrow is a new day, which will be filled with social stories and mommy not crying. 
  • banfrog said:
    Today was a rough day of toddler/preschooler  shenanigans. Tomorrow is a new day, which will be filled with social stories and mommy not crying. 
    Right there with you. Yesterday was tough with my toddler and I definitely held back tears. I hope today goes better for you. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I bought a snoogle pillow, as I have been uncomfortable at night. Everyone seems to love them, but I get too hot and the part for my head is too firm :( I'm hoping it will flatten out a bit as I use it and I just need to adjust to it. It has helped me stay on my side at night, just wish I didn't wake up with a sore neck...
    Me: 32 DH: 31 Married since 2010
    MC January 2016
    BFP February 2016 Baby Girl born 11/2016
    BFP 8/16/2018 EDD 4/29/2019 MMC 10/3/2018
    BFP 12/16/2018 EDD 08/26/2019 MC/CP 12/20/2018
    BFP 03/28/2019 EDD 12/07/2019 Hoping for our rainbow

• @Megz1902 I've been using mine for about a week or so and it's definitely softened at the head part. It makes me a bit hot too but I've just adjusted my blankets and I seem to have found a happy place with it... hope you do to! :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • whitneyf1whitneyf1 member
    edited May 2016
    @megz1902 I don't like my snoogle either! I think the head part is super uncomfortable. The one time I slept with my head on it I could barely move my neck in the morning. Then I started shoving the head part behind my bed or on the side but it just got too difficult because I move around a lot. I really wanted it for in between my legs so I got the Boppy wedge pillow. Maybe as time goes on I'll try the Snoogle again but I like the Boppy for now!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • banfrogbanfrog member
    @Katemr1146 I hope your day is going better. So far we've had a good start to the day.
  • I can't say enough good things about this one. It's like sleeping in a soft nest and you get back and belly support.

I live for this thing, I can't wait to get into bed with it. I catch my husband snuggling into it, my cat sleeps in it and my son wants to only nap in it. You can position it a bunch of ways and it also works later for nursing, if you choose.

https://amzn.com/B018TU324I
  • @grannysmith912teared up reading that. These hormones, man.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ermahgerd, the new Orange is the New Black trailer is freaking me out. I can't wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6O9rfoz0f8

Any other fans out there?
    OMG I hadn't seen that yet! When is it going to be released??? 
    28 years old. Married 5 years.
    DD born Oct 2014 via C-Section (footling breech)
    Baby #2 (AND #3...SURPRISE!) Due Nov 17, 2016. Found out it was twins at 18+5!