December 2016 Moms
Options

Cramping - normal?

I don't recall cramping in any of my other pregnancies (selective memory? or maybe I never had it). I am worried because I have off and on cramping this time! Is this normal?

Re: Cramping - normal?

• Options
    Yes some cramping is definitely normal. Uterus is growing.  Also not drinking enough water can make you more crampy. 
    Trying for #2 since November 2015

DS #1 - 7/25/13

• Options
    My OB just told me to expect more cramping this time around since it's 2nd pregnancy for me. Completely normal :) 
    BabyFruit Ticker  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had loads of cramping last week. Totally normal! 
  • Options
    I've been crampy too, and everything seems totally healthy. Baby is even measuring big by a week. It happens, but miscarriage cramps are very painful. Like can't breathe painful. So fingers crossed for all of us. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Thank you so much! I don't see my OB for 2 more weeks and I am losing my mind with worry!

• Options
    I've been told that as long as cramping isn't worse than/as bad as period cramps...not to worry. 

Cramping can be caused by dehydration, so when I feel crampy I down a bottle of water and take Tylenol. 
  • Options
    FitTrisFitTris member
    yes! this is my 3rd and the cramping is so painful, especially as the day goes on.  I was doubled over on the couch yesterday afternoon/evening.  I would be worried, but we saw a healthy baby, exactly where he/she should be in my uterus, with a solid heartbeat.  I guess it's just because it's my 3rd, and i'm 6 years older than I was the first time...3 years older than I was the 2nd time.  My husband doesn't get it because i'm was never this debilitated with the other two.    
  • Options
    Yes, cramping here too.  For some reason I thought it would go away after a few weeks but I'm 10w 4d and still cramping along, especially if I sit in certain positions.
  • Options
    JEM525JEM525 member
    Yes, this is my 2nd and cramping is bad. I haven't been drinking enough water due to nausea and I need to get hydrated! 
  • Options
    Yes, normal! My midwife told me today that it gets worse with each pregnancy, so that explains the worse cramping this time around so early!

I had god awful cramping post delivery for 6 whole weeks, they were so painful and frequent. I am really not looking forward to those especially knowing they will likely be worse this time around! 
  • Options
    I was cramping before I knew I was pregnant. They felt like menstrual cramps so I thought I was getting my period. Turns out it was just my uterus prepping for baby. I haven't had any in a while, but then again I'm also dealing with nausea and bloat, so maybe I'm too busy dealing with other symptoms to notice it.
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    STM here.. I had lots of cramping in the first tri with my DD, but oddly enough with my current pregnancy I haven't experienced any cramping. I think as others have mentioned it can be the uterus stretching, and totally normal. 
  • Options
    ava826ava826 member
    I'm glad for this post, it's helped me feel a little less freaked out by the bad cramping I was having yesterday. It was as bad as my worst period cramps and lasted for a few hours. But now I feel okay and I'm just going to try to sit down as much as possible today.
    Me 37, DH 34
    Married 8/8/09
    Surprise BFP 4/17/16; MC 5/13/16 at 7w2d
  • Options
    uromysuromys member
    COgirl29 said:
    Yes, normal! My midwife told me today that it gets worse with each pregnancy, so that explains the worse cramping this time around so early!

I had god awful cramping post delivery for 6 whole weeks, they were so painful and frequent. I am really not looking forward to those especially knowing they will likely be worse this time around! 
    This! I was just about say that this. I'm currently somewhere between 10-12 weeks and still cramping from time to time. Definitely feel it more this time around then with my other pregnancies.

Also the post delivery cramps with DD2 were awful! I'm dreading them this time around. 

DH & I are both 28    Together: 12 years    Married: 09/24/2011

BFP#1: January '12 - DD1 09/16/2012

Preterm labor 31 weeks. Monitored for Hellp and diagnosed with oligohydramnios July '12

BFP #2: 06/25 - EDD 03/05/15 MMC confirmed 8/1 - D&E 8/4 retained tissue discovered 8/20

BFP #3 11/24 - 12/15 Heartbeat detected - DD2 07/29/15