Secondary IF
Options

Intro

I just wanted to introduce myself since it seems like there is some activity on this board!!

I'm 36 DH 37 and we are trying for #2. We had no problem with my 5 yr old son so this is such uncharted waters for us. We have been trying on and off for almost 2 yrs now and started working with an RE back in December. Initially they thought maybe a blockage for my DH but after seeing a Urologist it came back all fine, so we are in the dreaded unexplained category. I had IUI #1 last month and obviously that resulted in a BFN. IUI #2 was just on Wed 4/27 so I'm in the dreaded TWW. My best friend just gave birth to DD#2 without trying  :| and another close friend just found out she's expecting #2. It was 9 mo of heartache watching my best friend be pregnant without me and now having to go through another friends pregnancy is going to be hard. 

I'm going to try super hard to not POAS until 5/11  :# 

Good luck ladies!!! Its not any easier since we already have been blessed!

Re: Intro

• Options
    HLD3194HLD3194 member
    Good luck and fingers crossed for you. Watching others experience what I want is so hard. It is so hard to keep my jealous in check sometimes. You are so right too, just because I have 1 child doesn't make it any easier. I know we are blessed with our DD but I would love to expand our love for another too.
  • Options
    Welcome! Positive thoughts that this is your month. I know how hard it is to keep positive when everyone around is getting pregnant like it's no big deal. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    pdbirdpdbird member
    @laur1212 - Welcome and good luck! I hope your POAS was successful. It's tough watching others, but the way I try to justify the pain is that I'm on my own journey and I'm trying not to compare my issues with others. It's tough though and a constant reminder of putting myself in "check". :) Hugs. 
    Me: 37 DH:41
    10/2009 - TTC#1 Stopped BCP! Let's DO this!
    1/2010 - BFP (Natural) --> 10/2010 - DS born! Yay!
    12/2010 - DH diagnosed with stage 3B testicular cancer. #cancersucks
    10/2011 - Complications with DH and lymph nodes in groin area removed. No longer able to ejaculate.
    1/2014 - TTC#2 - IUI#1. No luck. Findings: DH sperm did not survive freeze. RE recommends IVF with ICSI.
    3/2014 - IVF Cycle #1 Started BCP
    4/2014 - Lupron, Gonal-F, and Menopur
    5/7/2014 - ER day (25 eggs retrieved, 15 mature)
    5/10/2014 - 6 fertilized, 3 embryos frozen - one grade A and two Grade B. Plan was to grow out to blastocyst stage but rest of eggs arrested by day 3. Decided to freeze on day 3.
    2/9/2016 - FET #1 with Grade A (8 cell - 3 day embryo); 2/20 - Beta was <5. BFN.  :/ Waiting for period and start next FET.
    7/8/2016 - FET #2 with Grade B (8 cell - 3 day embryo), fingers crossed this one sticks. :)
    7/19 - Beta was 74. BFP!!!!; 7/21 - Beta was 182; 1st U/S on 8/2; 2nd U/S on 8/16 :)

BabyFetus Ticker