March 2016 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday

What's making you go WTF today?!?

(gif gods please insert appropriate gif here)

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Options
    eivaskaeivaska member
    WTF just found out the daycare we picked back in December is closing its doors at the end of this month!!! I go back to work on the 23rd I now have three weeks to find child care... 

• Options
    SmallyMcSmallSmallyMcSmall member
    edited May 2016
    WTF to my cat who hounds me for HOURS before its time to be fed for his food. Doesn't matter if it's for his morning or night feed. He will try to get under foot and has almost tripped me a few times and I worry he might one day while I'm carrying my son. He wasn't always like this, he used to wait until it was exactly time to eat and would wake me with sweet purrs and head rubs.

ETA: also, a huge WTF to the crappy weather. It's been cold and rainy for almost a week with no end in sight. I'm a SAHM and I'm dying to take my son out for a walk in his stroller because we need the sunshine and I'm dying to get out of the house and get the exercise, even if it's only for 10-15 minutes.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    WTF to this whole house buying process. We had a house under contract when we moved out here, but the people were using a relocation company and the company decided we couldn't use any bank but Wells Fargo who wouldn't finance us (when we already had our preapproval letter with no issues from our bank). So goodbye house. We've put in 5 offers in the last month and finally have another house under contract. With people who need to close June 28th. 

So WTF to having to live with my mother for 3 months. Cause I live for unsolicited parenting advice and being told I'm doing it wrong. 

• Options
    @eivaska that seriously sucks! Have you looked at other daycares? Is there a long wait time in your area? 
  • Options
    @Poppy0419  I feel that pain. We've lived with my ILs for 2+ years now for house selling, buying, and renovating blunders. Some days it's helpful, but some days I can't stand it.

WTF to my parents' issues. It's such a long story, but their fresh divorce starts right after DD turns 5 weeks old and right before their 31st anniversary. My mother won't tell me her new address, so I can't even mail her a made-by-DS mother's day card. I feel like I have to take care of my dad now but can't until he takes some initiative to better himself and make some lifestyle changes. All this mess from 3 hours away, and neither of them has met or has definite plans to meet DD. Rough times.
  • Options
    WTF time where did you go?!? My sister, BIL and their two kids are here soon and I haven't had time to get all the cleaning done or started on the food! And why is it that when you need things to go smoothly they never do? DD is spitting up all over me and herself as I type....probably the fifth time today, and earlier we were out of hot water too! Not cool when you need to clean up yourself and a newborn. 
  • Options
    eivaskaeivaska member
    @Poppy0419 we are looking hard but haven't found anything yet. There are a few spots to be had but in our price range they go fast. Plus there was another daycare in the area that had a large capacity that was closed for licensing violations so now there is a lot more completion. Fingers crossed we have a tour at a place I'm really excited about this morning! 

• Options
    WTF children! I swear my two are tag teaming me when it comes to sleep. My ds who's almost two years has been putting himself to sleep in his crib just fine for over a year now. All of a sudden four days ago he started screaming and throwing a fit at bedtime and nap! He cried for over an hour the first night. Well last night he decides he's fine and dd, six weeks, decides that's the night she will refuse sleep and stay up crying until 11 pm no matter what I did (bouncing, singing, rocking, feeding...). Uhggg I'm so tired. 
  • Options
    WTF with ds's weight! Today was our seventh appointment at the lactation clinic. I was feeling so hopeful since last time his weight had increased 5.6 oz in 3 days, but this time he only gained 2.7 oz in 5. Now i have to supplement 1.75 oz after each feeding instead of 1.5. I am so sick of constantly pumping and had been hoping to eliminate it or cut it back, not increase it. WTF!!
  • Options
    WTF to getting strep throat. It's not uncommon for me to get it, I work at an elementary school...but I'm not even at work! And the dr recommended I stay away from DS for 48 hours because he's so little still. Thank goodness for having family nearby!

Anniversary

• Options
    Good luck @eivaska !! 

I hope that you feel better soon @meg_2006
  • Options
    WTF cat! Please catch the rats that have moved into the wood pile under the house, they are disturbing my precious sleep
  • Options
    WTF JetBlue for not allowing both my twins to sit in the same row. We had previously been able to book the four of us in the same row and now your telling us it's not allowed. Now my traveling circus is going to affect at least two rows of people and I'm going to have to nurse in an aisle seat and keep switching babies with DH.
  • Options
    WTF JetBlue for not allowing both my twins to sit in the same row. We had previously been able to book the four of us in the same row and now your telling us it's not allowed. Now my traveling circus is going to affect at least two rows of people and I'm going to have to nurse in an aisle seat and keep switching babies withDH

Stuck in the box.
    Did they say why it's not allowed?
  • Options
    eivaskaeivaska member
    I think it's because there are only 4 oxygen masks per row. In the event of an emergency there wouldn't be enough for two Lap infants 

• Options
    @eivaska that's exactly why but I wish they would of told us when we first booked the flight since we did it over the phone.
  • Options
    WTF- My 6 Week old weighed in at almost double his birth weight last week!! My back...oh my gosh my back! #chunkybaby