June 2015 Moms

Can we talk PP bodies?

Man... After I had Luke I went to the beach and was like "hell yeah I'm rocking a bikini even though I just had a baby and look like I had a baby" 
and now 10 months later I'm all "um, I feel like I don't have the excuse any more BC he's 10 months old!"

anyone else feeling the same way? Lol

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Re: Can we talk PP bodies?

• Well I couldn't find a bikini to fit my large breastfeeding breasts and small rib cage....So I found cute 1 pieces instead. I wish I was more toned, but my abs looks pretty good even if I didn't have a baby 10 months ago, so I'd wear a bikini! You go for it. 
  • Agreed. Rock it, girl. Thanks to BFing, my stomach is actually smaller than it was before I had DD. I bought a one piece anyway because of the stretch marks. Oh, so many stretch marks.
  • Loading the player...
  • One pieces are in this year ;) so at least we're staying on trend!

• Tiger stripes and mom bodies are a badge of honor and fact of life. Wouldn't it be awesome if we could normalize this stuff before our daughters went through the same thing? 

This. 

I'll add I still look maybe 6m pregnant in the belly. Absolutely no core strength, here. Almost none of my stuff still fits me. Bleh. I'm slowly accruing new clothes that fit me now instead of trying to 'get back to my old size', tho now that it's warmer I am trying to commit to being more active. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • delujm0 said:
    @virginiaunicorn11 I have the exact same Linea Negra issue.  I think it's fading now?  But I'm so pale I feel like its really obvious.  At this point I'm convinced I'll have it for the rest of my life.

I weigh a bit less than prepregnancy now but I think it's due to lost muscle...I was in killer shape before and haven't worked out regularly since DD was inside of me.  I'm a bit of a monet right now (from a distance its OK but up close its a big old mess)...haha.  once I wean from pumping I'm taking those 2 hours of my day and using them to get back in the gym.  Probably just in time to get pregnant again, but whatever.

I only own bikinis and refuse to buy new suits for temporary use, so bikini it is.
    Love. You.
  • Ha I'm so glad other people use the Monet reference, @delujm0 !
  • The monet cracks me up! I weigh less now than before LO too, but I think I lost all muscle definition. I'm slowly getting it back. I have noticed that I gained a couple pounds back.  My breastfeeding metabolism has slowed down and I'm so sad.
    My linea nigra is still there too. I don't think it's going any where. 
  • bwow615bwow615 member
    I have an awesome linea negra also.  I am less than my pre-pregnancy weight thanks to weight watchers for the past 2 months, but definitely have a totally different body now.  I have aways been a 1-piece kind of girl :)
  • So jealous of you ladies who are lighter no the pre-pregnancy! I'm still up 40 lbs and will hopefully be rocking a one piece or tankini without too much anxiety. no linea nigra to keep my stretch marks company haha. 
  • Ha I'm so glad other people use the Monet reference, @delujm0 !
    Haha, Makes me think of the movie Clueless!
  • I'm only 2lbs away from pre-baby weight, but man oh man, I still have some sagging skin in the core area. That "you had a baby" tummy. Not sure what else to do to get rid of it.
    Pregnancy Ticker

BFP #1 12/23/13 MMC 01/24/14 @ 9w5days

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• beemaya83 said:
    I'm only 2lbs away from pre-baby weight, but man oh man, I still have some sagging skin in the core area. That "you had a baby" tummy. Not sure what else to do to get rid of it.
    I don't think it ever goes away? tons of planks? I don't know. I need to work on my abs more consistently....or just working out in general consistently
  • I was reading that abdominal exercises 3x @30min per week should help. So I think I'll start when I get back from vacation. @jessier358
    Pregnancy Ticker

BFP #1 12/23/13 MMC 01/24/14 @ 9w5days

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• bwow615bwow615 member
    @Emilywooddesign omg, i'm dying.  thanks for the laugh on a Thursday morning!