Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

UO Thursday

Loving Thankful Thursday, but I'm a creature of habit so went out on a limb and started this one.
What's your unpopular opinion today?
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
My Personal, Frequently Changing Gif Party>>>

Re: UO Thursday

• Options
    I hate the movie "A Walk to Remember." I love chick flicks, and I wanted to like it, but I've always hated it. 

Another one one is that I have an obsession with vinegar, which my husband hates. I use apple cider vinegar to clean, and I rub some with a cotton ball on my face before I moisturize. I will put white or balsamic vinegar on pasta. Even now, I have some salt and vinegar almonds on my desk at work. If I feel sick, I drink a shot of apple cider vinegar or pickle juice to kill whatever bug I have picked up. (Works like a charm.)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    sLass42sLass42 member
    Finally though of a uo for today, and the thread wasn't up yet!

My simple yet controversial UO...I hate oreos.
    If I eat them it's only the middle and I give the cookies to DH..

• Options
    sLass42sLass42 member
    @mollyandD I also love vinegar!! I put it on salad, pasta, steak, etc. Apple cider vinegar is my go to, but I'll use white vinegar on food too.
    @housewifehobbyist the flowy stuff doesn't do it for me. If I end up with the new style I'll just find some cheap camis to wear underneath. I feel too old to have my stomach hanging out there and braless lol
    @Lecool ha, oreo hating twins!

• Options
    thj101thj101 member
    @housewifehobbyist I'm loving the 90's fashion... probably a little too much.. On Saturday, I wore white jeans, a black t shirt, an unbuttoned chambray shirt and white converse, and DH said, you look like a 90's ad for the gap. LOL.  But dang it, it's comfy! and easy... I don't have to think!

My UO is I don't like craft beer.  I can't get behind the movement.  I've tried several.. hated them all.
    Me:  33
    DH:  36
    Together since 2007
    Happily Ever After 4.30.2015
    ~~One Beautiful Daughter~~ Born:  11.6.2017
    Trying for #2!!
  • Options
    MrsDramaK said:
    I hate Beyonce.  Sorry I just don't get the appeal.  The woman power/feminist thing doesn't really seem to actually be about woman power/feminism.  I don't really like her music, I don't like how she dresses, and she sort of comes off as a snob (granted I've never met her in person so this is just based on public appearances.)

@SienaC I hate fortune cookies, there the worst.  Also while I'm not into the classic oreos I like the thin ones dipped in chocolate.
    Omg I HATE Beyonce.   I don't get the appeal. 

I love oreos and fortune cookies.  ::hangs head in shame::::

Me: 32 DH: 31
    Married:  July 14, 2007
    TTC #1:  January 2008
    Surprise BFP:  November 2009
    DD Born: July 10, 2010
    TTC #2:  April 2016
    CP:  September 2016
    Chart Stalk Me

• Options
    mtmama2mtmama2 member
    edited May 2016
    thj101 said:
    @housewifehobbyist I'm loving the 90's fashion... probably a little too much.. On Saturday, I wore white jeans, a black t shirt, an unbuttoned chambray shirt and white converse, and DH said, you look like a 90's ad for the gap. LOL.  But dang it, it's comfy! and easy... I don't have to think!

My UO is I don't like craft beer.  I can't get behind the movement.  I've tried several.. hated them all.

@thj101 This breaks my heart!  I love craft beer so much!  In fact we are going to a brew fest this weekend and I am soo excited!!

ETA: @NamelessAria I agree with you about the family member "Happy Mother's Day" thing.  I say it to my mom and MIL but that's it.  It feels weird to say it to sibling and even friends sometimes.

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• Options
    LecoolLecool member
    @MrsDramaK and @mylove071407 Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? 

This SNL sketch about not liking the Queen Bey is hilarious: 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGxe83lXgJg

Me: 28 | DH: 31
    Together since 2006 | Married May 2015
    TTC #1 since November 2015
    BFP 5/17/16 | EDD 1/27/17 | Born 2/4/17

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @sLass42 ugh oreos. I love the vanilla cookies with the lemon filling ones and that is it. The regular ones? No thanks. 
    @SienaC I hate the unique spellings and DH's family is full of them. Just stahhhhhp.
    @MrsDramaK @mylove071407 I was literally just talking to someone about this today. Beyonce is a brat. I hate her and haven't liked her music in a long time. 

My UO today, Facebook/Instagram mentions of any oil/makeup/supplement/product you are taking or selling gets you an automatic delete. 
  • Options
    mtmama2mtmama2 member

@Lecool that video is absolutely hilarious!

@katesmama0706 I was just talking about this the other day! I HATE it!

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• Options
    kiki75kiki75 member
    @SienaC and @MrsDramaK Clearly you've just been eating the wrong fortune cookies! One place we get teriyaki they're total crap (I won't even bother with them) and some of the other ones (LaChoy!) are crap but there's a grocery store here that sells a big bucket of the best ones. I could eat alllllll of them. If H didn't love them and try to eat all of them himself. :( They're like crack. But luckily eating them is a production and each one is fairly low-calorie so I can't do too much damage.

@NamelessAria Yeah, I think that the 'insert yourself into an A-B holiday' movement is all the doing of the card companies. Mother's Day? That's for your own mom/MIL and grandma. Not your sister in law. She's not your mom. Nope. I also don't get the thing where you're apparently supposed to wish other people happy anniversary and send cards and stuff to that, too. Unless it's a milestone year, that's a celebration that's just between those two people.

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • Options
    Aurora1973Aurora1973 member
    edited May 2016
    You guys talking holidays has me thinking about my UO.  Well, birthdays aren't exactly holidays, but my UO is that once there are lots of kids in an extended family, birthdays for adults become somewhat unimportant.  I mean, of course a card is appropriate, or at least a phone call. But unless it's some sort of milestone, with parents, two sisters, two brothers-in-law, my OH and his family, plus four nieces, a nephew, and a stepson...and obviously more to come...it becomes cumbersome and expensive to buy gifts and/or throw parties for everyone.  The exception is for milestones, although both my sister and I have had our 40th in the past couple of years, and no one, least of all us, made a big deal out of it.  And that's they way I like it, to be truthful.

But my youngest sister demands tons of attention for everything, and her birthday is no exception.  She cannot just take a hint from the rest of us.  I love her, but geez.

ETA:  succinctly, birthdays, like Trix, are (mostly) for kids.
    Me: 45 OH: 42
    Beloved SS: born 12/2011
    TTC my bio #1/our #2 since January 2016
    **TW** June 2016 had CP **end TW**
    August 2016 - dx with DOR
    Somewhere in here received recommendation to do IVF with donor eggs, elected not to; OH dx with Low T
    May 2017 - began freezing sperm
    June 2017 - OH began treatment for Low T
    July 2017 - began doing 1 IUI via a midwife and 1 at home insemination each cycle
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6259ba
    July 2018 - exhausted frozen sperm, officially NTNP since OH is probably shooting blanks

• Options
    @Aurora1973 I'm about to clutter up the page but I've gotta ask! I haven't seen OH a ton, whats the acronym? Google failed me! 
    I'm with you on milestone birthdays only! My husband's family wants to have a birthday party monthly for anyone who's birthday falls in said month. Yeah, no thanks! I'm not buying 30+ gifts a year for birthdays I don't care about!
  • Options
    @Aurora1973 My SIL is that way too and she is 28.  I mean, I don't mind an acknowledgement of the birthday like a family dinner on or around your birthday (basically an excuse to eat cake), but she builds it up all month and expects presents every year).  Her's is at the end of October and mine is four days later.  Then three days after mine is my MIL's.  So, even though I don't want a big deal to made of it, I want SOMETHING done.  Mine usually gets skipped over with a big deal made out of SIL's and MIL's birthdays.  I'm pretty sure last year my MIL gave DH my card to give to me.  She couldn't even bring it over to me herself...I live literally 30 seconds away from her....maybe a whole minute if you have to stop and wait for a car at the stop sign.

Married 07.21.07
    DS#1 01.23.09
    DS#2 08.01.11
    TTC#3  08.31.15
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 05.16.17
    Hysteroscopy 10.04.17 10.05.17
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 01.10.19
    Left tube removed
    dx: Endometriosis, Adenomyosis
    BC: February-October 2019
    TTA: November-December 2019
    NTNP: January 2020!

• Options
    whiskawhiska member
    edited May 2016
    Sounds like the youngest @Aurora1973 !! (Coming from the baby, lol).  It feels like my siblings and I have grown out of our birthdays (ages 41, 38, and 31) so that we just celebrate my nieces' and nephews' now.  And I've grown to be okay with that.  We call on the day to show we remembered and care.  For me, DH and I go out to a nice dinner and I buy something a little extra special like boots or a purse.  That's it.  

But we actually all make sure to get together for my mom's birthday (in her 60s now).  So I guess there's some polarity there - the youngest and the oldest get more love.

My UO, related to other posts today and maybe not unpopular but less shared, is that I don't associate myself with Mother's Day at all.  Like, the fact that I'm TTC and thought maybe I'd have a baby by now doesn't even register as related to Mother's Day.  Maybe I don't consider myself a potential mother because it seems so far away?  Maybe I've disengaged from that dream a bit to protect myself?  I don't know but I'm sorry for everyone struggling this weekend, or who gets blindsided by unwanted advice or comments.  You'll be in my thoughts.

I don't know why, but ETA - rereading "struggling" in my post sounds really negative and like we're failing to cope with something.  We're not.  We're strong and I believe that we're each strong enough to handle whatever unwanted fears, sadness, anger, envy, or anxiety that crops up. 
    Me: 36  | DH 35, Married 2007
    TTC #1 June 2015
    April 2016 - AMH, FSH, Progesterone normal
    June 2016 - HSG clear
    *TW* BFP - Aug16, demise confirmed Sep16, incomplete m/c, D&C Nov16
    BFP 3/27/17, edd 12/7/17
    DS - 12/9/17 
    <3 
    TTC #2 December 2018 
    BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
    DD - 11/1/19 <3
    My Chart

• Options
    CoonMomCoonMom member
    sLass42 said:
    Loving Thankful Thursday, but I'm a creature of habit so went out on a limb and started this one.
    No problem! We don't have to replace this thread (I love it) nor do we have to do Thankful Thursday every week.

MollyandD A Walk to Remember is one of my favorite movies!

sLass42 @Lecool @SienaC @katesmama0706

Yay for being cool and loving Oreos @mylove071407

I make a mean Oreo cake!

My OU is I hate coffee. Please don't vote me off the island.

***********************************************************************************************************************************
    ~Formerly @dogmomwantinghuman ~
    Me: 29 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since January 2015
    BFP #1: 11/30/15| MC 12/16/15BFP # 2: 6/2/16 | EDD 2/16/17

• Options
    CoonMom said:
    sLass42 said:
    No problem! We don't have to replace this thread (I love it) nor do we have to do Thankful Thursday every week.

MollyandD A Walk to Remember is one of my favorite movies!

sLass42 @Lecool @SienaC @katesmama0706

Yay for being cool and loving Oreos @mylove071407

I make a mean Oreo cake!

My OU is I hate coffee. Please don't vote me off the island.
    I hate coffee too!

Me: 32 DH: 31
    Married:  July 14, 2007
    TTC #1:  January 2008
    Surprise BFP:  November 2009
    DD Born: July 10, 2010
    TTC #2:  April 2016
    CP:  September 2016
    Chart Stalk Me

• Options
    RatParadeRatParade member
    edited May 2016
    I love oreos and fortune cookies and peeps and cadbury eggs and candy corn and cake and pie and sugar in any form I can get it.

ETA: @katesmama0706 It stands for Other Half :)

Me: 32 | DH: 36

Married June 2005

1/2016 - TTC#1

4/2017 - Initial RE visit, Dx: Severe MFI (Varicocele, 14% motility, 3% progression, but normal count)

7/2017 - Stage 3 endometriosis discovered during laparoscopic removal of ovarian cyst

9/27/2017 - BFP at 10dpo (cycle 22), baby boy due June 9, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Lecool I'll join you on the itty bitty titty committee (barely an A cup) and say that I'm loving the current fashion!! The only exception is the crop tops; I don't feel the need to show my stomach, but the flowy-er the better! Sorry, @housewifehobbyist and @Schumerator, I hope this trend is here to stay. :)

I realized today that I hardly ever have my own UO or MBF or WTF or anything, and I pretty much just piggy-back on others' comments. Maybe that's my UO? Is it totally obnoxious?
                                Me: 26, H: 28
                                Married since 2012
                                TTC #1 since July 2015
                                 **TW**
                                         Laparoscopy and Endometriosis dx February 2016
                                HSG and SA all clear! September 2016
                                 Testing with RE October 2016
                                                        BFP 11/5/2016 ~ EDD 7/19/2016

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    LecoolLecool member
    @pretzel2plus1 I bought my first crop top a few weeks ago. I thought I would hate it, but I don't. I still only wear it when I'm feeling really, really brave though.
    ...And I also let my UOs & MBFs be inspired by other people's comments! 

Me: 28 | DH: 31
    Together since 2006 | Married May 2015
    TTC #1 since November 2015
    BFP 5/17/16 | EDD 1/27/17 | Born 2/4/17

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    No no NO people!  No grown woman can go without a bra!  I am basically an A cup and even I can't get away with it!  Just nooooooooooooooooo!  :)

@sLass my son does that...he eats the middle of the oreo only...then puts the cookie part back in the bag.  It's...gross....

My UO is that I think beer and sushi are both disgusting, and I am convinced that no one ACTUALLY likes either - they just made themselves get used to the taste.   Mmm hmmm.

<br>
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • Options
    My UO is that I dislike a lot of things people really love: beer, wine (I know, I know), pickles, cherries, mustard, coffee. I want to like some of these things but just can't! 
    Me 29 I Him 26
    Married 4/22/16
    TTC 9/2015
    **TW**
    BFP 2/1/16 I MC 3/21/16 (11w)
    TTCAL 6/15/16
    BFP 3/23/2017 Team pink! Quinn Leigh EDD December 1, 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @ktcakes87 I hate all those things. They're awful
  • Options
    @sLass42 that meme is the dream. I only eat the Oreo insides. 
  • Options
    skiingstarkskiingstark member
    edited May 2016
    I hate coffee and beer too. They taste bad. 

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • Options
    @katesmama0706 that's crazy! I've never met anyone who dislikes all those things too!

@Lecool I try to like coffee, I just can't. I want to though! 
    Me 29 I Him 26
    Married 4/22/16
    TTC 9/2015
    **TW**
    BFP 2/1/16 I MC 3/21/16 (11w)
    TTCAL 6/15/16
    BFP 3/23/2017 Team pink! Quinn Leigh EDD December 1, 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options

Seaweed on sushi = smells like a lake.  Plus every kind I have tasted reminds me of wet cardboard (with the aforementioned Lake smell).  Bleh. 

<br>
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • Options
    @SienaC did you read the book "A Walk to Remember"??
    The ending is left open ended so you can read it as in she lives OR as in she dies...either way!

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019