High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

NT High

Hello, I know there have been other posts about this but I'm overwhelmed and needing some advice/encouragement. We went for our 8 weel sono today, only to find out I am really 12w2d. First surprise. My ob left to deliver so I saw an np instead. She mentioned getting bloodwork since there was an abnormality in the scan. She said it was just a soft marker and probably nothing to worry about, but I immediately started to freak out. Baby's NT measued 4.4mm. I was shocked. My first pregnancy was so normal and I'm only 29. I got bloodwork done in the office and was told that it could take 2 weeks for results. I'm an anxious mess. Have you been through this?? 

DS1: 12/17/2014
DS2: born sleeping at 26 weeks on 8/8/2016 due to chromosomal deletion
Pregnant with baby 3 -  EDD 9/14/2017

Re: NT High

• Options
    What blood test did you have done?  It will likely only take 7-10 calendar days to get results so hopefully you don't have to wait too long.  I have been through a similar experience and it turned out my baby had a terminal genetic condition (her NT measurement was 5-6 mm at 11w4d).  But I have heard of many other women with a high NT measurement and everything was fine.  My only caution is that the blood test you had done does not check for all chromosomal abnormalities, only the most common ones.  My daughter had a rare condition called Cri du Chat and our Panorama results came back completely normal.  We decided to have an amnio done at 35 weeks since there were other issues with her physically that were seen on ultrasound throughout the pregnancy and we wanted to be somewhat prepared before her birth.  It's possible that the cystic hygroma (fluid behind the neck) will resolve for your baby and everything is fine!  I know it is so hard to be calm while waiting for test results.  Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My guy's NT was 4.0mm and we were given a 1 in 6 chance of Trisomy 21. Had the panorama (NIPT blood work) and it came back negative. Later had an amnio for other reasons and that too came back normal. I know it's hard but try not to panic with your NT result. 4.4 is above the "normal range" but not by much. The NIPT gives you more conclusive results. It'll be a long wait but by no means are you guaranteed a bad result. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you @CourtJack I'm trying not to worry. Statistical odds are that everything is ok. I'm clinging to that! Hopeful we get the NIPT results back by Wednesday. I'm worthless at life until I know!

• Options
    Good luck @blessdtxas

Me: 40 | DH: 45 | together 14 years

TTC since 9/2015

• Low AMH (0.1), high FSH (23.7), low AFC (4), low responder to stimulation, given 0.5% chance of being able to conceive
    • High Risk Factors: AMA, APS (antiphospholipid syndrome), obesity, uterine fibroid, rh negative
    • SA: everything excellent
    • Began medicated cycles (clomid, ovidrel, follistim, estrogen, progesterone)
    • 1st IUI: 3/27/16, BFP: 4/11/16, EDD 12/18/16!!!

We trust and pray that God will continue to bless us with a full-term, smooth pregnancy and the delivery of a healthy baby.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks @NenaMommy

I got the results back today - normal for all major abnormalities and deletions. Still need to check the heart, but I am so thankful for these results! I won't have another NT scan if I have another baby. The stress was not good for me.

Thanks for all the encouragement!

• Options
    That's great news!!!!

Me: 40 | DH: 45 | together 14 years

TTC since 9/2015

• Low AMH (0.1), high FSH (23.7), low AFC (4), low responder to stimulation, given 0.5% chance of being able to conceive
    • High Risk Factors: AMA, APS (antiphospholipid syndrome), obesity, uterine fibroid, rh negative
    • SA: everything excellent
    • Began medicated cycles (clomid, ovidrel, follistim, estrogen, progesterone)
    • 1st IUI: 3/27/16, BFP: 4/11/16, EDD 12/18/16!!!

We trust and pray that God will continue to bless us with a full-term, smooth pregnancy and the delivery of a healthy baby.

Pregnancy Ticker