December 2015 Moms
Options

Stopping breastfeeding due to ppd medication.

So as if having ppd isn't bad enough, I'm now depressed due to the fact that I had to stop breastfeeding because of the medication I just started taking for it. I know a lot of y'all eff and I don't know why I'm so sad about having to switch to doing that. I feel like my baby will be mad at me for not giving him the breast anymore. Am I crazy? Has anyone else experienced this? I'm so sick of being depressed.

Re: Stopping breastfeeding due to ppd medication.

• Options
    No matter what we do, guilt=motherhood lol. 

Congratulations on making it this far in bfing! You've done great and should be proud! You have to take care of yourself, and your baby needs you more than he/she needs your boob. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Agree with poster above! You made it quite far! I am weaning from breastfeeding slowly and I've had up and down days. Now that I'm almost totally weaned, I see that my relationship with my daughter hasn't changed at all and she finds just as much comfort from me with a bottle. I thought she would be mad at me or upset too but after a few days of me giving her bottles she got the drill and honestly I don't think she cares that she isn't getting the boob! She's into everything and I give her the bottle facing out so ahe can see and she loves it plus it's a very different position from nursing. 

I struggled with PP anxiety and at first deciding to wean was super anxiety provoking for me. Now I feel less anxious and more at ease as I am not always worrying about supply issues and trying to pump at work. 
  • Options
    Breastfeeding is a complete emotional roller-coaster. I killed myself to make it work with both my children for reasons I still don't understand so I get what you're going through in that respect. But doing what is best for you is also best for the baby so don't be too hard on yourself. Rest assured your baby may not think formula is as delicious as boob, but he won't be mad. ;)
  • Options
    Thank y'all for your replies. It really has made me start to feel better and I'm truly grateful for you wonderful ladies.