Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TWW Tuesday

Month/cycle:

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Testing:

R/R/CS:

GTKY - Have you/would you ever consider adoption?

Re: TWW Tuesday

• Options
    Kenya715Kenya715 member
    edited May 2016
    Month/cycle: 6 NTNP 1/1 TTC

CD/DPO: 34/16

Timing: doesn't matter

Testing: nope

R/R/CS: Just waiting on AF to get here and do her thing. 

GTKY - Have you/would you ever consider adoption? Probably

ETA: Moving to WTO as today presented CD1. Peace out everyone and hope to not see you over there! 
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Month/cycle: 11/10

CD/DPO: 22/6

Timing: -5, -4, -3, -1, 0

Testing: Sunday

R/R/CS: My temps are right in line with my average. It's kind of cool. Also, my abs are sore. Which is definitely related to implantation and had nothing to do with the fact I worked out yesterday, haha. 

GTKY: I definitely want to adopt if we can't conceive naturally. DH isn't so sure. I've been researching embryo adoption recently.

ETA chart 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @sammajane19 I agree that adoption is a calling. That is why DH is so hesitant. His parents adopted one of his siblings, and while it has been really good, he has also experienced how hard that can be on a family and marriage. 
  • Options
    Month/cycle: 12/12

CD/DPO: 28/13

Timing: not great

Testing: BFN yesterday, thinking I'll hold out for AF now (which should be imminent) 

R/R/CS: Actually really looking forward to my doctor's appt this afternoon. Excited to get set up with a new doctor and make a plan for the coming months. 

GTKY - Have you/would you ever consider adoption? Honestly, starting to think about it more and more. Still not sure it's for us, but keeping an open mind. 
    Me: 34
    Husband: 34
    Married: June 2014
  • Options
    GTKY - Have you/would you ever consider adoption? I haven't given this much serious thought - to be honest, I hope I never have to. And I think that alone is my answer - I think people who adopt should feel called to do it, whether or not they can have their own children. To date, I do not feel that call.
    @sammajane19
    100% to the "called to it" sentiment.  It's not easy and it's not for everybody.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Me: 28 & Partner: 32 | Married 2014
    BFP 7/29 EDD 4/11
  • Options
    @FrancesGrace630 Ha! I had to laugh about your abs. Two months ago, I was convinced I was pregnant because my entire back and neck ached and I literally couldn't get off the couch (because, obviously, that's a pregnancy symptom...). Yeah, then I remembered I played Knockerball (google it) the day before and put two and two together. Embarrassed how long it took me to make the connection.
    Me: 34
    Husband: 34
    Married: June 2014
  • Options
    Month/cycle:1/1

CD/DPO: 21/7 (if O was accurate)

Timing: every day but O and since we aren't sure how accurate O was we've been going every other day since then. 

Testing: I'm trying to hold out for 2 weeks but might test on Saturday with a cheapie if I can't wait. 

R/R/CS: I've gotten myself off caffeine! It feels great. I stopped cold turkey last week and had headaches for about a week and today is my first day with no withdrawal symptoms!

GTKY - Have you/would you ever consider adoption? DH and I have talked about it. Honestly I love kids and feel like I would be just as good of a mother to an adopted kid as I would my own. However I'm not sure if we will go that route or focus on careers if we are unable to have kids. Since this is only our first month trying we haven't talked to much about it. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Options
    irohspupilirohspupil member
    edited May 2016
    Sorry for all the BFNs coming up today :(

Month/cycle: 
    2/2

CD/DPO: 30/12

Timing: -2

Testing: If AF doesn't show in the next couple days, then 15 DPO.

R/R/CS: I had a huge drop (still above cover line though) in my temp this morning. Pretty sure AF is on its way. I'm kind of surprised at how upset I am. We always hope it happens immediately, I guess.
    ETA: On a happy note, my DD is now 9 months old today! On a not-so-happy note, we have her check up today. She cries from the moment we walk in and doesn't calm down until she's back in the car. Not looking forward to the pedi and me yelling over her.

GTKY - Have you/would you ever consider adoption? Me? Absolutely. DH? Nope.

Me: 25 | DH: 25  
    DD: Aug. 15
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @beary67 GL at your appointment today!!! I will be thinking of you! <3
  • Options
    *Lurking*

@beary67 Good luck today!! Please keep us updated! Don't be nervous/worried! It's a GREAT step! You'll be so relieved and happy you took it!
  • Options
    nwshaynwshay member
    Month/cycle: 8/1st since loss

CD/DPO: 23/9

Timing: not the best. -1, 0 +3. We're usually an every day during FW... but we kind of failed

Testing: when I miss AF. Maybe a couple days after. 

R/R/CS: I had such a crappy day at work yesterday. It was my birthday but no lunch break, just insanely busy. But I came home and my mom had dropped off flowers, my husband made an amazing dinner, and it just turned out to be really nice!

GTKY - Have you/would you ever consider adoption? Absolutely.  My mom actually put a son up for adoption before my sister and I came along.. so it's def close to my heart
  • Options
    MylittaMylitta member
    Month/cycle: 9/10 (4/4 NTNP) 

CD/DPO: 15/3 per opk

Timing: fine

Testing: only if period doesn't come

R/R/CS: Not much. I've lurked but haven't had time to pay much the last couple days. Not sure why... glad I'm back! 

GTKY - Have you/would you ever consider adoption? Yes. Told H when I got my iud out that if it ever got to ivf, I'd rather adopt. He's fine with that. I would like to adopt a baby; I want to experience all those stages. But later if be happy adopting an older child as well.

I think it stems from my dad. His parents fostered and then adopted a little girl from birth to 2. His dad died about 4 months after the adoption was finalized (my dad was 8). His mom was now a single mother of 4. They took the little girl away. He never forgot her but was never allowed to know what happened to her.
  • Options

:'( Sorry for all the BFN's today

@sdswenson Glad your birthday turned out to be good :) everyone deserves to be spoiled on their bday. I also believe no one should have to work on their bday! It should just be automatically counted as a personal day!

@KristaB FX for Bday luck! I am also hoping to get some bday luck this month by testing on DH's bday :)

Month/cycle: 3

CD/DPO: 19/7

Timing:  -5,-1,0, +1

Testing: 10 DPO

R/R/CS: Still just waiting, trying not to drive myself crazy. Still can't seem t o get what DH said about this being our month out of my head but really he has no clue soo I probably should. DH comes home today from work after being gone for a week so hopefully he can distract me. :)

GTKY - Have you/would you ever consider adoption? DH and I have discussed adoption, we want to try for our own but if that isn't in the cards for us it is definitely something we would consider.

Me: 28 | DH: 30
    BFP #1 April 12, 2017 EDD December 19, 2017
    Happily Ever After June 2014 <3<3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Month/cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO: 31/7 or 8

Timing: meh. It sucked. 

Testing: trying to hold out for the end of TWW

R/R/CS: this is my first experience with a longer cycle so of course I am SS except I have no symptoms to spot. Not even my usual PMS symptoms. Rude. How am I supposed to drive myself crazy for another week?! 

GTKY - Have you/would you ever consider adoption? I've given it lots of thought and I really don't feel like it's right for us. I will ugly cry over adoption stories all day long because they are beyond beautiful and admire parents who adopt but it's so so hard that you really have to feel the call. I don't feel it. 
  • Options
    @FrancesGrace630 What is embryo adoption? I've never heard of that.

@Mylitta That is an incredibly sad story!
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Month/Cycle:  5/5

CD/DPO: 
    20/3

Timing: 
    -4, -3, 0

Testing: 
    I have no idea.  I O'd at CD17, which is my latest since charting.  Assuming my LP holds at 10 or 11, this will be my longest cycle since going off HBC.  Probably will test at 10DPO.  Maybe.  I seriously don't know.

R/R/CS: 
    I'm happy to be in the TWW again!  After Oing later than I thought, our timing isn't what I had hoped.  Fortunately, OH was home for the weekend when I did O, and we were able to FWP on O day.  So far I've just been trying to seduce him more in the FW since he doesn't really want to know when we're FWP.  I'm cool with that plan since I don't want performance issues to potentially pop up.  However, I think next cycle, which is Cycle 6, I will probably just have to lay it out for him and demand ED so that we can know we've done everything possible before getting help.

GTKY: 
    I'm all for adoption.  OH doesn't want to even think about it yet.  He definitely wants to exhaust all other options first.  I think he worries that he won't be able to love a child that isn't his.  He has such a big heart, and I think he's capable of more than he realizes.  I am one of those people who really wants a baby as opposed to an older child.  In my heart I know that's selfish, but I'm such a baby person, and I want to enjoy that stage. 
    Me: 45 OH: 42
    Beloved SS: born 12/2011
    TTC my bio #1/our #2 since January 2016
    **TW** June 2016 had CP **end TW**
    August 2016 - dx with DOR
    Somewhere in here received recommendation to do IVF with donor eggs, elected not to; OH dx with Low T
    May 2017 - began freezing sperm
    June 2017 - OH began treatment for Low T
    July 2017 - began doing 1 IUI via a midwife and 1 at home insemination each cycle
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6259ba
    July 2018 - exhausted frozen sperm, officially NTNP since OH is probably shooting blanks

• Options
    meilaymeilay member
    Month/cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO: 20/3

Timing: -3, -2, -1, O, +1

Testing: In a week. I told myself I was going to just wait until AF this month but I actually do better with the let down of a negative test before AF rather than just waiting on AF.

R/R/CS: Pretty quiet over here today. I've been researching doulas lately and I really like reading all the different philosophies and testimonials. 

I've thought about it but don't think it's for us. We're very likely going to be a one and done couple and I think I would have a really hard time if my only child wasn't related to me biologically. I have an immense amount of respect for those who adopt but DH and I know it isn't for us. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @NamelessAria Embryo adoption is when couples who have done IVF donate unused embryos for other couples to adopt. The adopting couple then does a frozen embryo transfer with the adopted embryo. There is a 49% chance of pregnancy, according to to the website I was reading. It is one of the cheapest forms of adoption, at $5000-$17000. Of course it's not a guaranteed take home baby. But you would potentially get to experience pregnancy and childbirth. 
  • Options
    Month/cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO:  15/6 

Timing: -2,

Testing: when AF is late.

R/R/CS:
    I'm still not convinced I O'ed, but I just got super nauseated halfway through a meal so now the BSC is coming out.   I was also literally just too lazy to temp this AM.  

Yes.  We already have 2 DDs, and I wouldlike a 3rd biological child, but if we don't have one, I would not pursue adoption just based on whether or not we have another child.  It is something I have always felt like I would do one day though.

• Options
    Month/cycle: 10/2

CD/DPO: 27/11 

Timing: -3,-1, +1, +2

Testing: afraid to get a BFN

R/R/CS: I was slightly nauseous all day yesterday, and it's continued today, I'm telling myself it's a stomach bug... Definitely a stomach bug... Temp is still up and cramps all they 2WW....

GTKY - Have you/would you ever consider adoption? Absolutely, especially if we can't have our own, I would adopt. There are so many children in need of a loving home
  • Options
    @FrancesGrace630 That's actually really interesting. I'd never heard of it before but it makes sense. Good to know!
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @NamelessAria I had not heard of it until recently. I personally wouldn't go the IVF route, but I'd be willing to do embryo adoption. DH doesn't want to talk about it at this point, but I think he'd be more willing to do embryo adoption than traditional adoption. 
  • Options
    @SongbirdintheCity, so excited for you that you are moving forward and feeling good about it.  As someone else who is of "advanced maternal age,"  I'm so heartened to hear that it shouldn't cause you problems.  FX everything falls into place!
    Me: 45 OH: 42
    Beloved SS: born 12/2011
    TTC my bio #1/our #2 since January 2016
    **TW** June 2016 had CP **end TW**
    August 2016 - dx with DOR
    Somewhere in here received recommendation to do IVF with donor eggs, elected not to; OH dx with Low T
    May 2017 - began freezing sperm
    June 2017 - OH began treatment for Low T
    July 2017 - began doing 1 IUI via a midwife and 1 at home insemination each cycle
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6259ba
    July 2018 - exhausted frozen sperm, officially NTNP since OH is probably shooting blanks

• Options
    @Aurora1973 - thank you! We still have some more hurdles to get through before I really feel like we're making progress, but I'm really happy about the direction that things are going right now. FX for you too! And haha - I love "advanced maternal age". :) We are in this together!
    Me: 36 | DH: 34
    Married: May 2008
    TTC #1 since August 2015
    FET #1: November 4, 2016
    BFP: November 13, 2016 
    EDD: July 25, 2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Month/cycle: 7/3

CD/DPO: 59/9

Timing: -4, -1, 0, +1

Testing: Tomorrow morning if I remember

R/R/CS: I just started reading Me Before You and I'm having way too much trouble putting it down until I can't keep my eyes open at night. I saw the preview for the movie and was hooked, and heard how wonderful the book was.

GTKY - Have you/would you ever consider adoption? It's not something DH and I ever talked about. We've talked about how both of our moms are adopted and how little they know about their birth family (until we uncovered a lot of information a few months ago on my mom's birth family - and found out she has twin sisters!) Anyways, as for adopting, probably not, however if we had never conceived our first and was ttc for a long time, it probably would have come up eventually.

• Options
    safire3safire3 member
    edited May 2016
    Edited because posted in wrong thread. Sigh. Sorry