February 2016 Moms

FFFC

srecupidosrecupido member
edited April 2016 in February 2016 Moms
let it out mommas

Re: FFFC

• I might actually start to miss motn feedings... It's the only time it's ever still,  quiet and just me and him. 
  • I secretly enjoy when DD (2.5) throws a fit when I leave her at MIL for a couple of hours. She's dealing with some separation anxiety now and only wants mommy. I love all the extra snuggles I get
  • Loading the player...
  • lilqt3929lilqt3929 member
    edited April 2016
    When MIL, BIL, and SIL were here tonight with their 8 month old baby I was counting down the minutes until they were leaving. While it was nice to see them (they live pretty far away) I don't care for them coming over an hour after they said they were on their way (should have taken 15 mins), while my toddler was napping, right before dinner time, with food for just themselves without offering to get us anything, getting my toddler upset what seemed like on purpose, and while their baby has a cold! They also stood us up Wednesday evening saying they'd be coming over and then got busy visiting with someone else but never bothered to tell us, we had to tell them we need to reschedule since it was 7:30 at night. I'm just so irritated about all of tonight's events and will be livid if my toddler or baby get sick! My toddler has been sick what seems like nonstop since the baby was born and I'm so over dealing with sickness with her. I'm not looking forward to the big family birthday party tomorrow where we will be with them and a large group of others. Ugh. 

I guess this was more of a vent then a FFFC but it feels good to get it out. 

ETA: had to add a sentence. 
  • @lilqt3929 WHY do people think it's ok to bring their sick children/selves around babies?! At least give some kind of warning and let the mom decide. 

We showed up for a play date the other day and the other girl was super snotty nose and coughing (in my toddler's face, because that's how toddlers are). UGH. You could've at least told me ahead of time so I could decide if we still wanted to come. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I took my 9 week old to a really loud restaurant and he freaked. Out. I felt so awful - he was completely overstimulated by the lights and noise. Up until tonight, background noise has helped calm him in the evening! We went somewhere with live music a couple weeks ago and he loved it. I got so many looks while I tried to calm my crying baby outside for 30 minutes. I didn't even get to eat the appetizer. And everyone was looking at me like, "what did you expect your baby to do here!?!?"
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I've been way too short with my toddler lately. Just a lot of stress for me and normal toddler acting-up for her. I feel really bad about it. My confession is that I've been guilt-tripping H any time he is snippy or impatient with her, even though I know I do the same. And earlier in the week, he told her he'd be home by bed time, then came home an hour later than he said (after she had fallen asleep waiting for him). You better believe I made him feel like sh*t for that. 

• middy411 said:
    I'm starting to become a crazy mom. In the beginning I didn't feel very attached. I felt like I was the same person, just now with a baby. But suddenly over the past few days, I've had these overwhelming feelings of never wanting to leave her and always wanting to be there to comfort her when she needs. DH is a very active and helpful dad. So when DD got her shots at her 2 month doc appointment yesterday, he held her and snuggled her to comfort her right after. Normally, I would have smiled and appreciated how great of a dad he is, but crazy mom me sat there impatiently with my boob hanging out ready to grab her from him and comfort her by nursing. I'm also suddenly appalled by the idea of giving her a bottle just because we may be out in public with mixed company even though that's what we've always done (DH gives her the bottle). Now I just want to nurse her every time even if it means excusing myself from the group. Oh... And I'm seriously considering a working from home opportunity even though I had full intentions of going back to work. I'm a hopeless mess in love with my child!
    Yes. All of this!! (Except I didn't tell DH we had the option of holding DD when she had her shots, so I got to...oops!) 
    And I've been applying to anything teaching-related and online like a crazy person. I can't leave her!!! 
  • Ok so what does FFFC stand for?
  • jarob747 said:
    Ok so what does FFFC stand for?
    Flame-free Friday confessions- it's one of the regular threads on the birth month boards. Check out the intro post for more info on the others.
  • Ooooo ok :)
  • VitaLunaVitaLuna member
    edited May 2016
    It's not Friday, but whatever. Today I chucked the tv remote at my 2.5yo. Not to hit her (which I didn't, I wasn't aiming for her), but to get her to pay attention. She was hammering on a loud toy and was purposely ignoring me telling her to stop. I was stuck on the couch nursing a baby that had just fallen asleep and couldn't get up to take the toy away. That kid has had a major case of the terrible twos lately and she knows exactly when to misbehave (when I'm taking care of baby and can't do anything about it).

• @VitaLuna hugs! You are not alone in the 2.5 yo struggles! When people ask how the baby is I always reply with "he's a breeze (for now) its the toddler that challenges me". DD was such a different kid a year ago, if we had agreed to wait to start trying til this year I can admit the answer would of been heck no!  Some days we barely make it through.
  • FWIW, I also threatened to pull over and make her stand outside the car (in a parking lot, with me, obviously) until she could calm down enough to be a "good car rider". She was screaming at the top of her lungs in the car because she didn't want to ride in her car seat, and she woke her napping sister up. I was serious, too, and I should've done it. 

... Then I ate half a package of Milano cookies on the way home. Today has not been our best day. 

• Sanctimommy much?

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • VkrosaVkrosa member
    My mom keeps telling me to put my LO down and let her cry. She says I'm spoiling her by holding her or going to her when she's crying. Umm she's 3 months old and she's my kid. I am choosing to raise her my way. I have two older kids and they are just fine. My mom gets mad saying she let us all cry and we turned out just fine. Yeah um no if I feel that I need to be there for my daughter and I hold her to give her comfort and security then I am going to hold my kid.