March 2015 Moms

Sippy cup tips or tricks please

We are currently weaning my daughter off a bottle and she is down to about 2 a day now. I've bought 4 different sippy cups and I still can't get her to use one. Does anybody recommend a certain type or brand or any tricks or tips on how to get her to use one?

Re: Sippy cup tips or tricks please

• We tried a bunch of them, my girls mostly just throw them and the 360 lid ones leak when they are thrown.  My favorite is the Nuby one - I got it based on the review on Lucie's List - it is similar to a bottle nipple so the girls drink the most milk from it.  https://www.lucieslist.com/gear-guides/sippy-cup/

We do a lot of positive reinforcement (yays and clapping) when the girls drink milk from the sippy.  That seems to work well and pretending to drink it and then letting them drink also gets them to finish it up.

Good Luck!

Mono/Di Twin Girls 35 weekers <3<3  March 2015

Lucie's List Multiples

• @annettelauren I'm trying to get her use to a hard spout. I've tried the kind like a bottle nipple she didn't like it. We try pretending like we are drinking it then ask her to try some but she just wants us to drink it instead
  • Loading the player...
  • My son really took to the straw cups. I am always drinking water so I always have a tumbler, which i think he learned from pretty early on. 
  • Mine likes the straw ones too. Never had taken to the regular kind since he doesn't get the tipping it up thing. 
  • @crsanchez87 @Pumpkin91407 Are the straw cups easier to learn from than just a regular straw and cup from a restaurant? I've tried that but she just bites the straw.
  • The silicone is more durable to hold up to the biting and the kind I have, the bottom of the straw in the cup is weighted and flexible so if he tilts the cup all over it moves with it. It is a munchkin brand one. Good luck
  • The gerber hard spout seem to be the girls favorite hard spout.  We have a few straw ones but only for water since I don't want to worry about cleaning milk out of it.

Mono/Di Twin Girls 35 weekers <3<3  March 2015

Lucie's List Multiples

• Agree with PP, I have the same one
  • richdogrichdog member
    Our favorite is the Tervis sippy. It doesn't leak, and is easy to hold. Definitely worth the money for us. 
  • She doesn't like hard spout cups and if it's a spill proof she won't use it. I thought she didn't understand she had to suck on it but she used one only one time and refuses now. We tried the straw cup but she won't use it either
  • richdogrichdog member
    Have you tried taking a regular straw with your finger over the end and giving her a little liquid that way? Just to get her used to something besides a bottle. We started that way. It may sound crazy, but when LO was giving us a difficult time (drinking one day then refusing the next), I put some water in a sippy and I drank out of it for lunch one day. I gave her one too and tried to convince her that Mommy liked it, too. 
  • She doesn't use a bottle. I have tried that with the straw. She uses a sippy cup but it's a soft nipple.