September 2016 Moms

Repeat Ultrasound, anyone?

I have to go back at 28 weeks to get another one. The tech couldn't get pictures of the aortic arch or the entire spine at one time. The midwife didn't seem to be too concerned, she said it was likely due to the position of the baby.

Anyway, I'm going to not worry and just be excited to get an "extra" look at the baby. :)

Anyone else?

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)

Re: Repeat Ultrasound, anyone?

• Not sure yet. The tech didn't get a clear spinal shot, but no one said anything to me about scheduling another ultrasound. I won't say no if it means another (insurance-covered) look at LO!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm going back at 28 weeks for a growth u/s and fluid level check.
    Pregnancy Ticker

DS1 12-31-1999, DS2 5-7-2008, DS3 8-3-2010
  • Loading the player...
  • LtoplinLtoplin member
    I have to go back at 24 weeks to check stomach bubble
  • I have to get a repeat scan at 28 weeks to make sure the choroid plexus cyst they found has gone away. It makes me nervous, but the doc didn't seem to be concerned.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary       

• I go back at 28 weeks to see if my placenta has moved up at all. I am looking forward to good news there and to see baby again. :)
    Married: 3/21/15
    First time mom to a human but have been a puppy mamma for over 12 years :)

BabyFetus Ticker

• I go back at 32 weeks to check that my placenta has moved up.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have to get a repeat scan at 28 weeks to make sure the choroid plexus cyst they found has gone away. It makes me nervous, but the doc didn't seem to be concerned.
    My first son had two choroid plexus cysts! We were kind of freaked out, but the ultrasound tech said he hates that they have to disclose that info because it is almost never a real problem, especially if there are no other abnormal readings, and they pretty much always go away on their own. The only reason they see so many of them now is because ultrasound technology is so advanced and they can visualize things with so much detail. My son's went away and were basically meaningless. 
  • I wouldn't worry. We got all the medically necessary shots, but we didn't get a good profile pic. The ultrasound tech was like "move" and prodding me and I had to turn all over,  and the baby literally yawned as was like "mmm...no." Just because the tech couldn't get a shot of something doesn't mean it's not there. Sometimes they're just stubborn. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I have to go back for remaining images from the anatomy scan. Baby was face down with crossed legs the entire time. We didn't get the heart shots or the profile. Maybe others, but that's what I remember. I go back next week. Can't wait to see her again. :)
  • I have to go back at 22 weeks, they couldn't get a good shot of the heart or kidneys, baby girl was a wiggle worm. They also want to check if my placenta has moved up further away from my cervix. It has moved up a tad from the 13 week ultrasound I had, about 2 cm, which is great. I have so many ultrasound pictures on my fridge I'm running out of magnets at this point >.<
  • I had the a/s at 19 weeks, had to go back at 21 weeks to get the rest of the pics and they scheduled me for one at 25 weeks for growth check up. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We go back at 24 weeks to redo head measurements nothing to worry about she was just in an awkward position.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    photo its20a20girl_zpsy8rztyxtjpg
  • jln27jln27 member
    It's not a redo, but I have a second ultrasound scheduled in two weeks to look exclusively at the heart. The techs thought this was unusual, because there were never any markers on baby's heart, but I guess the doctor or whoever decided to split the anatomy scan into gross anatomy and the heart.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Thank you so much @schuberta! That makes me feel so much better, I was wondering if anyone on our board had experienced one of those. 
    Anniversary       

• eightynineeightynine member
    edited May 2016
    Yes, I was told my ultrasound was normal and everything looked great, percentiles and weight were good, and yet I'm scheduled for a 28 week growth scan. I think it might be to check on my placenta location, but not really sure...we also couldn't get a great profile shot, so maybe they need more measurements. going to ask at my appt tomorrow. It seems common though. 
  • Yep, get to go back at 24 weeks to get a better look at the diaphragm. Baby was being super uncooperative and not moving around at all. Also going to ask them to make sure our girl is still a girl since baby had legs crossed at the ankles and refused to budge...the tech gave me an "um...pretty sure it's a girl". So we shall see!
  • I'll be going back at 24 weeks because they couldn't get a clear shot of the heart and his face.  Everything looks good so far though! I'm excited for a second u/s :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Same here. Spine! My baby was a brat forthe second one too & wouldn't let her get the prefered angles. but they said it was good enough. 
  • Last pregnancy I went back at around 22 or 24 weeks because baby wouldn't show his front side - so we needed face, cord and where the cord enters the body, etc.
    This time the tech noted a placental lake which we're not sure if it was one or not, but it buys me another scan at 32 weeks and I'm pumped!  At that point baby boy will be plumping up, hoping to get a couple 3D pics of the tech agrees
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @AnnaS930 We got some 3d pictures this time around (21 weeks) and they were cool but a little creepy!!
  • @mom2adoodle our 3d pics from last pregnancy weren't great at 20 weeks, but I had an U/S at 41 weeks for them to be sure all looked good for my scheduled induction (that I never needed) and the 3d ones were great. Chubby baby cheeks. I'm hoping 32 is somewhere in between and will be a semi-normal looking baby?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 32 weeks is when my doc does the 4d u/s.
    Pregnancy Ticker

DS1 12-31-1999, DS2 5-7-2008, DS3 8-3-2010
  • With my first, I had to go back in at 24 weeks to get shots of my daughter's heart and profile. This time they got everything, but I'll go back for a growth u/s at 30 weeks because my blood pressure could potentially cause IUGR. Baby measures well now or we'd get one sooner.

@AnnaS930 They did a 3d scan with McKenna at 32 weeks. Perfect timing. She looked cute and baby-like, and I when I look at them now I can tell how they look like her. They did one at 20 weeks this time and it was mostly weird. The first pic was the best and she looked tiny and cute in it. Hoping we get another 3d at the 30 week scan.

• Ah825Ah825 member
    I have to go back 2 more times to make sure baby is growing properly (I guess I am high risk because I have multiple sclerosis) I am sooooo excited I get to see my little baby again two more times! Now that I've seen him im just so in love!
  • Same here. Our womb nugget was squirming so much that she couldn't get clear views of everything she wanted. I was super excited to hear that we need to be back around the 25/26 week mark.
    Anniversary 
    BabyFetus Ticker 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • ccreaghccreagh member
    I have to go back at 30 weeks for a second level 2 ultrasound to check baby's growth. My blood work from my genetic testing screen showed a possible risk for IUGR. 
    Married my best friend 03/2012
    BFP#1 06/2012 ----Luke John born 03/2013
    BFP#2 06/2014 ----MMC 8w4d  D&C 07/2014
    BFP#3 10/2014 ----Chemical
    BFP#4 01/2016 ----Due 09/10/2016
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have to go back around 35 weeks. At the A/S, the doctor said he would look at the heart more at a different ultrasound. I got a little worried and called the nurse later on and she said he likes to do them at 34 or 35 weeks to check heart and growth and he does them for pretty much everyone. So everything looked good for us, just having another one done. They don't do 3D ones there so we'll likely do one a few weeks before.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I had my a/s yesterday at 19.5 weeks and am being referred to a peri to check placenta location (currently low lying) and baby's head circumference (measuring a week behind). I'm a hot mess right now. Baby was in an awkward position, so I'm really praying that is the reason for the abnormality they found. I go back in 3 weeks and will let you all know how it goes.
  • @MammaJams I'm sorry your a/s was so worrying!  I've seen lots of moms on our board with current or previous low placentas, and the consensus was that it usually resolves on its own.  As for baby's head, until you know more, try to focus on exactly what you said: baby was in a weird spot.  Since they have to measure by straight lines on the 2D picture, I'd imaging positioning has a lot to do with accurate measurements.  I know firsthand how much easier it is to give that kind of advice than to take it, but remember to focus on the good and try not to build up negative scenarios until all the facts come in.  Good luck, and keep us updated!
  • Yup...we have a repeat scheduled. Ou level 2 A/S was with a peri...Little man didn't want to show his spine, his belly button or some of his parts of his heart. I'm not too worried...Most of the big stuff looked ok. I know it's scary, though!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Jabreen Thank you for the encouraging words! It's been tough to stay off google. Like you said, I'm trying to focus on the fact that all other tests have been normal and maybe she was just positioned weird. Hubs is not concerned and says she is probably perfectly fine. So his positive attitude is really helping too.
  • I will also be having a repeat. They want the pediatric cardiologist to look at a "white spot" on babys heart. Not scheduled yet, but hopefully in the next two weeks. Main concern is that it could be a soft marker for some genetic disorders, but my first tri screening came back normal and no other markets are present. Hoping for the best!

Pregnancy Ticker

• So my ultrasound doctor scheduled me for another scan in 4 (now 3) weeks and didn't tell me why. I asked my OB yesterday and she said "oh he didn't tell you? I have no idea either I was going to ask you" 
    Lol. Apparently he didn't put any notes in to why he scheduled another so we are guessing it's just to keep an eye on growth (even though baby measures normal)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • LtoplinLtoplin member
    Goodluck
  • ThscaryThscary member
    @TheTamedShrew did you go back for your repeat ultrasound yet? I just found out that baby has a small choroid plexus cyst and I'm being sent for a level 2. The nurse was really reassuring that the doctor saw no other problems and it's probably nothing, but I'm nervous AF
  • Thscary said:
    @TheTamedShrew did you go back for your repeat ultrasound yet? I just found out that baby has a small choroid plexus cyst and I'm being sent for a level 2. The nurse was really reassuring that the doctor saw no other problems and it's probably nothing, but I'm nervous AF
    I haven't yet. My appointment is not until June 9th. I did ask the doc for more reassurance at my check up last week, and he said it was perfectly normal and 99.9999999% of the time they go away and it's nothing. I wish they didn't have to tell us about it at all.
    Anniversary       

• We had a few different concerns pop up at our a/s, one of which was a cpc. We went for our follow up 2 weeks later and it was gone. The MFM doc said that he wishes they didn't have to disclose them because they are so often completely meaningless. He also said 25% of adults have them (based on what they see when they do autopsies). So, anyway, I hope that is encouraging! Good luck at your scan!
  • ThscaryThscary member
    Thanks everyone. They are supposed to call me today to set up the appointment. The nurse was very reassuring that it probably is nothing. Still hard not to worry!
  • We have a cyst too, I was able to get in with MFM tomorrow at 9:40. I'm so ready to hear from them but really nervous. I know it's nothing to worry about but still, definitely ready for it to be gone. Also, the nurse just said "a cyst" when she called and I didn't think to ask what kind, so
    anxiety brain has me worried it's not a CPC.  Ready for the morning!
  • ThscaryThscary member
    @MrsVoorhees good luck tomorrow!