July 2015 Moms

Birthday party activities?

For those who are throwing a big first birthday party, are you going to have any activities for kids? We went to a 2nd birthday party today and they had a petting zoo, ice cream truck and a train!! No joke. It was so fun though lol Now I'm wondering what we can rent or do for our LO's party. It'll be a pool party so I thought pool will be enough but my mom thinks we should do another little thing. Any ideas?? We have about 35 people on our list. 

Re: Birthday party activities?

• AziaNickAziaNick member
    edited May 2016
    We are having a bouncy house, piñata, face painting and cotton candy stand :) Pool? You can do a ice cream stand or balloon animals.
  • n3na94n3na94 member
    Oh yeah!!! I wanted a petting zoo for my son but then I thought he wouldn't be old enough to fully enjoy it so perhaps next year! I am also having a piñata, and I'm still thinking what else I can do. But you should have an ice cream stand or a person doing balloon animals, I think that would compliment the pool theme very well! 
  • Loading the player...
  • n3na94n3na94 member
    edited May 2016
    Also if you don't want ice cream perhaps a slushy or shaved ice stand with lots of different flavor a and colors! :smile: 
  • We'll have a kiddie pool out, and we're using bubbles as party favors. We'll also have music going.
    Read about my motherhood journey and more at http://hallidaynelson.com/
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

TTGP July Siggy Challenge: Summer Fails
  • AKOL0AKOL0 member
    @kyrenora what kind of music? I have been thinking about doing music, but there are different tastes. I was thinking Nursery Rhymes but that'll get annoying. 

We are doing a girly dinosaur party. I'm making a piñata. I'm currently working on the candy bags. We are having bubbles too. I was also thinking about yard games like bean bag toss. And lots of food and sweets. 
  • We are doing a baseball theme for the lititle man, my first sons was football super bowl weekend so fitting to keep with the sport theme. Wr having a "concessions" stand as well as a shaved ice stand with various flavors. Game will be a dizzy bat game for the older kids and young at heart :) I know LO won't enjoy it but he will have enough fun with his smash cake and presents. My two are the youngest in the family and everyone else's kids are elementary age....so appealing to them for the game. 
  • samfeinsamfein member
    We are also doing a pool party and we are not doing anymore entertainment. We will also have music playing, but we do that at any backyard party we throw. My personal opinion is that swimming and playing in the pool is plenty of entertainment for the older kids invited and that since LO is too young too really care and will most likely be a bit overwhelmed by the day why spend more $. No matter what you decide I am sure it will be a fabulous day celebrating that LO has turned 1 and that you as parents survived ;)
  • AKOL0 said:
    @kyrenora what kind of music? I have been thinking about doing music, but there are different tastes. I was thinking Nursery Rhymes but that'll get annoying. 
    We're mostly going to be playing kid-safe music for adults. LO loves artists like MC Chris and Twenty-One Pilots.
    Read about my motherhood journey and more at http://hallidaynelson.com/
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

TTGP July Siggy Challenge: Summer Fails