Pregnant after 35
Options

Weekly Check In 4/29

2»

Re: Weekly Check In 4/29

• Options
    MollySmMollySm member
    How far along are you? EDD? 11 w, due date 11/20

How are you feeling? I am tired, with occasional heartburn,  but otherwise feeling a lot better.  Nausea is much more rare.

Do you feel baby kicks? Where do you feel them?  It's too early, but I am definitely paying attention.  I cannot wait to feel those tiny bubbles :-)

Any baby news (tests results/scans/upcoming appointments?) I had my monthly appt on Thursday with the NP.  I wasn't sure what to expect, because I know some places won't try a dopplar that early, and was worried I would need to wait a month before knowing if things were good.  But when I went in there was the u/s machine set up.  I saw the little one doing flips and wiggling all around (it was right after my breakfast).  Everything looks great.  My OB had left a message to give me an u/s for peace of mind, which I thought was awesome.  I also gave blood for my NIPT test. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: I have the same rant as last week.  H left this morning for work.  This is his last planned trip though!  I am so ready for him to be home consistently.  I'm tired!!

GTKY: What is something you have always wanted to try but have been to afraid to? (Food, a class, a hobby, a sport?) I can't think of much I've never tried but want to, but I do miss things that I used to do.  When I was young, I was in musicals a lot.  I would love to find a community theater here, when my kids are older.  I also miss traveling.  I spent 3 separate years in France, and traveled a ton while living there.  I miss seeing now things, eating new foods, immersing myself in different cultures.  I hope when H settles into work more, we can travel more . 
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options
    @CarrieandRoy I wouldn't mind go bra-less at home but my boobs hurt sooo much these days. They just bump around while walking so I need to contain them somehow. But when I had smaller boobs I used to spend whole days without putting a bra (I do a lot of work from home as well). It was nice. I so wish I could sleep with a body pillow but our bed isn't big enough. I try to put a pillow between my knees but most nights it falls on the floor at some stage.

@emsmama15 and @Mamafesto I hear you about the preterm fears! I try not to think about it too much but do have a lot of underlying fears since I've never gotten this far in a pregnancy before. I seriously freak out if I go a whole day without feeling baby kick or if I start getting some weird cramp/contraction/stomach ache. I'm getting better at breathing through it but boy it can all be so scary at times (especially after suffering losses).

Thanks for the name feedback. DH and I still can't seem to say, "YES! That's it!" with a name but at least we have a couple of options. We might just need to wait until we see the little guy.

ME: 36 (PCOS), DH: excellent SA
    NTNP since 11/12, actively trying since 8/14
    m/c @ 7w (4/22/14), m/c @ 6w (11/19/14)
    11/15: Letrozole, Ovidrel, TI = BFP!!!
    Beta #1(14dpo)=349, Beta #2(18dpo)=2,805
    12/17/15: Got to see the heartbeat (105bpm)!
    1/25/16: NT scan = normal (HB=163bpm)
    EDD: 8/10/16 
    8/8/16: Baby boy born @ 12:25am, 8lbs, 20.5 inches
    5/18/17: BFP!!! (11dpo)
    Beta #1(12dpo)=176.4, Beta #2(15dpo)=607.1
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jilligan14 -- we went to the hospital with a short list and our little guy got named when he was almost 3 days old. ;) I definitely needed to see him first!
  • Options
    An update on the bra conversation: I just got a Bravado Body Silk nursing bra. I've been wearing it all day today and it's pretty comfortable! It doesn't shape quite as well as an underwire but it's way better than any other alternatives I've tried. I'm about a 36DD right now and ordered a medium, which is on the upper end of the size chart that the company provided. I'm glad I didn't get a large because it's got quite a bit of stretch to it and I don't think it would be as supportive or shape as well in the larger size. I may need to size up postpartum though, depending on how much I grow...
    Me: 40  DH: 43
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    BFP #1 9/28/15, EDD 6/10/16. DS born 5/23/16!
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
    BFP #3 12/17/17 EDD 8/25/18. It's a boy!
  • Options
    Glad to be lurking on the bra discussion! I've been a 40 DD most of this pregnancy (was a 38 D prior) but the underwire is starting to cut into my armpit and my neck and upper back are starting to suffer. I plan to do some bra shopping this week.

What to people think about bandau tops for breast feeding? Not supportive enough? I've been thinking about trying some out for when I am home and nursing just for ease and because I plan to wear Lularoe Maxi Skirts as tube dresses when I am puttering around. So far, I haven't had a problem keeping any tube tops or bandaus up where they need to be....
  • Options
    Sporty1216Sporty1216 member
    edited May 2016
    I never tried a bandeau top, @lillebowski23 , but it seems like it sure would be handy! I know a lot of mamas will kind of do an "up and over" move with their boob to get baby access and it seems like you could do that really easily in a bandeau. 
  • Options
    I feel like my boobs would sag down to my belly button in a bandeau top...
    Me: 40  DH: 43
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    BFP #1 9/28/15, EDD 6/10/16. DS born 5/23/16!
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
    BFP #3 12/17/17 EDD 8/25/18. It's a boy!
  • Options
    I've got an old bandeau top that I'm going to try to use for a hands-free pumping bra. Just cut some holes in it. I'll have to see if it fits once I have a ginormous rack, though.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Options
    I'm totally reading the bra board but don't have much to contribute. I hate underwire pregnant or not. I've been living in sports bras this pregnancy and a great idea for pumping is to cut out holes in an old sports bra, hands free is life changing!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @redheadbride15 The Bravado bra looks similar to the most recent bra I just bought! It's got pretty good support and feels super comfy. I'll keep the Bravado one in mind when I need to buy another one. For now I think this one will work but I'm sure I'll need to buy more once I become a milk machine.
    ME: 36 (PCOS), DH: excellent SA
    NTNP since 11/12, actively trying since 8/14
    m/c @ 7w (4/22/14), m/c @ 6w (11/19/14)
    11/15: Letrozole, Ovidrel, TI = BFP!!!
    Beta #1(14dpo)=349, Beta #2(18dpo)=2,805
    12/17/15: Got to see the heartbeat (105bpm)!
    1/25/16: NT scan = normal (HB=163bpm)
    EDD: 8/10/16 
    8/8/16: Baby boy born @ 12:25am, 8lbs, 20.5 inches
    5/18/17: BFP!!! (11dpo)
    Beta #1(12dpo)=176.4, Beta #2(15dpo)=607.1