September 2016 Moms
Options

UO/FFFC

2»

Re: UO/FFFC

• Options
    My FFFC is really boring. I had to continuously wear a heart monitor the past few days because of the way this pregnancy is affecting my heart murmur. Anywho I have DD convinced I'm now a robot 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    photo its20a20girl_zpsy8rztyxtjpg
  • Options
    FFFC (sorry it's not on Friday but had to rant): I posted a comparison belly picture, me at 20 weeks with my daughter vs 20 weeks with this one. My friends freaked out and everyone's like IT'S A BOY. One of my biggest pet peeves during pregnancy is assuming the way I'm carrying means one sex or the other. There wasn't one comment about it being a girl. "You're carrying lower! It's a boy!" "BOY!" "It's a boy!"

ORRRR I'm carrying in the exact same place as I was the first time, it's just now you can see the baby belly more because it's my 2nd time. I told them I was going to laugh at them all if it turned out to be a girl.

I don't know why it drives me so insane, but it does.
    FORMER USERNAME: @runningisrad

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @runningisrad that super annoyed me last time when I was Team Green. I don't need your gypsy predictions of the sex of my baby. I'm trying to keep it a secret for a reason. K thanks bye. 
  • Options
    RedMar said:
    @runningisrad that super annoyed me last time when I was Team Green. I don't need your gypsy predictions of the sex of my baby. I'm trying to keep it a secret for a reason. K thanks bye. 
    WORD. We aren't Team Green but it still annoys the f*** outta me! 
    FORMER USERNAME: @runningisrad

• Options
    @runningisrad When I was 30-something weeks pregnant with my daughter some random lady on the street shouted at me that I was having a boy. I was too taken back at the time to respond, but we already knew from 3 different ultrasounds that she was a girl. It was one of the strangest encounters I had during my pregnancy. Because, seriously, who does that?

• Options
    LakeR2014 said:
    My UO is that I don't believe kids should be given a trophy for participation or be 'allowed' to win every time they play a game.   I think being able to strive for the trophy/win allows someone to strive to be better, try harder, work for the achievement.   Without that we set ourselves up for a generation of kids who believe they deserve something for simply being there.   Not for trying, not for doing, just for showing up.  

Example:  My brother and SIL play board games with my 6- year-old nephew.   They let him win every time because he 'enjoys it and huffs if he doesn't.'   He doesn't get any better at the games, they simply get worse.   He's not being taught anything.   There's no strategy building, no learning occurring, he's just winning because they allow it.    On the other hand when he goes to my parents house and plays with grandma.  They usually only ever play 1 or 2 games because he doesn't win, gets mad, and angry, or says things like 'No Gramma, I always win.'  As in, in his mind there's no alternative, he just wins.  It drives me (and my parents) up a wall. 
    This generation already exists. 

BabyFruit Ticker

November Siggy Challenge: Selfie Fails

Hidden for the sake of your eyes!

• Options
    @JLmama118 I completely agree with you on the [not] starting a new thread cause you want to share something not on the day the original thread (HDBD/UO) was created....hence why i searched out for this thread to share the below!

alright...here goes nothing...Go Fund Me accounts for people (whatever the reason is)...i understand than health issues or even an unexpected death can be a financial hardship on people, and yes, i hope i'me never in that situation...but at the same time, you have to plan for the worst and try to save some money for the unexpected things in life.  and lately it has been really bothering me the amount of go fund me account announcements i see on facebook....XYZ happened so please support this family and here is their go fund me account...and i guess it's more of people asking random strangers to support these families...I get it if you are posting it on your board because you want to reach out to your friends and family who KNOW the family needing support...but when i'm on a group board and see a "please help this family because of xyz" i'm sorta annoyed...i don't know these people, hell i don't even know the person asking for the donations...so why should I (or anyone in the group) be asked to support this family...which in all honesty could be a complete shame!! 

I'm sorry if i sound like a heartless B**** and maybe you are one of those people who is willing to donate money to a complete stranger, but i'm not...at least not yet in my life.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @erinmarie86 My aunt started a GoFundMe after my grandpa died near the beginning of this year. His expenses were covered (medical while he was alive, cremation/small service after he passed) so I have no idea why she started it other than it's opportunistic social media AW'ing that somehow becomes justified when there's a family tragedy. I was close to my grandpa and he would have been so embarrassed if he'd known that the exact manner of his death was tossed online and used to ask for money.

I'm sure there are many legitimate GoFundMe's out there, but I am so skeptical based on my experience with them I don't think I would ever donate to someone in that form. I either know the recipient well enough to donate on a personal level/bring food/help out in whatever other way or I don't, and if the latter is the case, I'm not gonna hop online and throw money at something/someone just because someone made a GoFundMe page. The amount of bogus stuff out there is depressing and mind-boggling.
    September '16 -  May Signature Challenge
    Awkward Family Fun

• Options
    @Thurstobertay See i don't see the issue of doing that as a way for family and friends to ask for support...i had also never thought of it from your point of view about it and how the person who passed would feel about it either...which brings on a whole other level.  

i also have no clue what is covered by medical coverage and what not...though i do still think it's your responsibility to get the coverage you need in case of an emergency.

in short i just don't get them and their rapid spread over social media...glad to know i'm not completely alone in this thinking :smile: 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have no problem with GFM's for health related things, especially sick children; maybe I'm a big softie but those just tug at my heart strings, and I also had a friend growing up who's little brother had leukaemia, and I saw first hand the financial strain that can put on a family, even if you're financially stable. That was also back when there didn't seem to be nearly as many foundations to help with the cost. Where I live the nearest children's hospital is a 3 hour drive, plus a 2.5 hour (very expensive) ferry away, and those costs add up. I would absolutely want to help out with that if I was able. But now there seems to be a lot of foundations and accounts set up in my area for these exact situations, so I don't see the GFM's for that so much anymore.

I live in a pretty close knit community, so I will see some for families who have lost their homes in a fire sometimes. I've donated to one or two of those if I know the person. 

I do see a lot for "fund my trip to South Asia/Africa etc", and not always for a humanitarian reason, sometimes it's just hey help me fund my wanderlust vacation. Um no, you want to travel, save up for it like the rest of us. 
  • Options
    @yellowrose314 again, i understand supporting a GFM if it's for someone you know...it's when it's a stranger i just don't get it.

I'm also a person who is not one to ask someone i know for money none the less a complete stranger online.  

I haven't seen any "fund my trip to xyz" but oh man that would certainly send me over the edge...if they want a trip, i want my student loans paid for!

BabyFruit Ticker