November 2016 Moms
Options

Saturday & Sunday thread of Random

2»

Re: Saturday & Sunday thread of Random

• Options
    My husband is out of town this weekend due to FIL having a stroke (he is fine but really scared my H). It has been so hard chasing after my DD while struggling with m/s. I have no idea how single or military spouses do it. It's one of the reasons I'm an only child (military brat) and now I completely and fully understand as I've only done it for two days and want to cry. It really brings a new appreciation for my H and everything he's done to help while I've been so sick and tired the last few months. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    RoxellRoxell member
    My husband told me he wants to paint the living room. And he wants a color not just freshen up the white it currently is. Which means I have to pick the color since he's colorblind and doesn't care about color. Don't know why we can't just keep it white :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    atcwagatcwag member
    DH went to 2 different places to get 2 completely opposite types of takeout tonight at my request. He brought it home and none sounded good, but I choked some down. I'm now sitting upstairs about to go to bed and really want one (or 3) of the fortune cookies sitting on the downstairs counter.....BUT....I sorta kinda promised hubby sex if he went to pick up dinner....and I'm tired....and walking downstairs to face him will prohibit me from going straight to bed....so maybe he'll just fall asleep on the couch and forget....but damnit I want that fortune cookie. 
    In other news, I put a pin prick size amount of wasabi on my 2.5 y/o tongue when he insisted...hilarious. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hubby asked me to make a batch of soup because he's almost out of the last one in the freezer.
    FX I get naked time as compensation for time slaved on it.
  • Options
    I've been up for a total of two hours. Made bacon, eggs, gravy and biscuits and now I'm beat and ready to go back to bed. However, my daughter has a state meet today and so I won't be able to nap today :( so super excited to watch her though. 

Also, the tooth fairy is a lazy woman who never showed up last night. 
  • Options
    RoxellRoxell member
    @BmcD2016 ahaha the tooth fairy always forgets to show up at our house too. It's a good thing my kid doesn't belive in that anymore!
  • Options
    up all night because I'm no longer comfortable sleeping. I finally fell asleep around 5 am. I was awoken this morning at 7am by my creatures. I have a feeling they would like to play. I want to boycott this day but I sadly cannot. I have all the plans:(   (Sorry if it's big) 
  • Options
    Why in the hell do I want to go to the pool so badly? I am a hermit. I'm Scandinavian so stay out of the sun as much as possible to protect my ghost skin. I feel like a blimp from my was blump now bump. Why am I wanting to go to the pool? Doesn't my brain know that'll require me to shave my legs?? 
    Grayson Matthew Due 11/4/16
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    Ugh. I use Instacart for 99% of my grocery shopping. I made a big order from Whole Foods this morning, and it was just delivered about 20min ago. Rather than reading the note I made asking for 4 each Honeycrisp Apples, they brought (and charged me for!) 16 apples. 

Guess I should make a pie or something.

And! They charged me for TWO jars of Bubbie's dill pickles (I only ordered and received one). Plus the "bunch of organic baby carrots" showed up in the form of peeled baby carrots. SMH-- Instacart is never this bad.  

Also, the 20min between delivery and now we're spent on the phone with Instacart... They're refunding me the $30 something for the apples and the carrots, plus the extra jar of pickles.

Don't piss off a hungry pregnant woman on a Sunday morning.
    Me: 31, DH: 31
    Married: September 2012
    Began TTC: September 2015
    BFP #1: 10/12/16, EDD: 06/23/15,
    (pPROM, 16 wks + emergency D&E 12/31/15)
    BFP #2: 03/09/16, EDD: 11/16/16

• Options
    I'm not usually a pickle eater but when I'm pregnant I love bread and butter pickles. I also love watermelon. So I cut the firm almost-rind part of the watermelon out and put it in the leftover pickle juice to make watermelon pickles. Freaking delicious. 
    Awesome Kid #1: Born September 2013!
    Awesome Kid #2: Due November 2016!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @aquasocks. No. Just no.
  • Options
    @aquasocks girl whatever makes you happy! I don't know what is yuckier...bread and butter pickles in general or dipping watermelon in the juice  ;)
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @AlexLindzz She is so cute!

K.

Son, K, 9 | Daughter, C, 5 | Daughter, M, expected November 7, 2016
  • Options
    I went to a bridal shower today and the bride was so stressed out it looked like if you tapped hard on her forehead she might just shatter. I'm so glad my wedding is over. Wedding planning is the best until it's the worst.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    shevaCCshevaCC member
    I'm hiding from my family. I'm completely exhausted since I stayed up late last night baking cupcakes for DD's birthday party. But the party went well and DD had a wonderful time, so I'm happy. I just wish I could take a nap but we need groceries.
  • Options
    My cockatoo is watching a movie about a horse on Netflix on my iPad. 

My house is a bit weird. 
    What kind of cockatoo do you have? My mom had an umbrella crested creatively named Powder. That bird was a FREAK! They are such characters.
    I saw a lady walking down the street with one on her shoulder a few minutes ago. 
  • Options
    @aquasocks girl whatever makes you happy! I don't know what is yuckier...bread and butter pickles in general or dipping watermelon in the juice  ;)
    Wait, you've never heard of watermelon pickles?? It's a thing, I swear.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    aquasocks said:
    OMG. I googled it. It's real. 
  • Options
    aquasocks said:
    I discovered them at one of John Besh's restaurants. They serve them with the charcuterie board. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    HeyBooHey said:
    My cockatoo is watching a movie about a horse on Netflix on my iPad. 

My house is a bit weird. 
    What kind of cockatoo do you have? My mom had an umbrella crested creatively named Powder. That bird was a FREAK! They are such characters.
    I saw a lady walking down the street with one on her shoulder a few minutes ago. 
    We have a galah (rose-breasted.) His name is Gallifrey - we're nerds - and he's a rescue. He's slowly opening up and becoming his silly self, but he's still got a long way to go. 

(sorry for the huge photos, and my messy room!)
    Wow! He is gorgeous!!! I've never seen a galah before!
  • Options
    RoxellRoxell member
    I love lurking the TTGP board because they get all the crazies (omg I hicuped does that mean I'm KTFU? I only bleed 2 days last period that totes means I'm preggers, look at my pee stick etc) then they respond with the best gifs and I love the all the snark. But I always leave feeling guilty because I got my BFP and I know so many of them have been waiting so long for that second line. It makes me sad seeing so many great women struggling so much :(
  • Options
    HeyBooHey said:
    Wow! He is gorgeous!!! I've never seen a galah before!
    There's one at the Toronto Zoo and my kids got such a tickle out of seeing the same species as we have at home being presented as some exotic being. There's a related species called the Leadbeater's cockatoo, which is even more gorgeous, but they are extremely rare as pets. Gallifrey is incredibly quiet for a cockatoo, which is a surprise since they are normally extremely loud birds. He talks a lot, but I've probably only heard him really scream two or three times. Our conures are much louder. 
    K.

Son, K, 9 | Daughter, C, 5 | Daughter, M, expected November 7, 2016
  • Options
    KilgraveMadeMeDoIt said Gallifrey is incredibly quiet for a cockatoo, which is a surprise since they are normally extremely loud birds. He talks a lot, but I've probably only heard him really scream two or three times. Our conures are much louder. 
    Oh that is a blessing! Ours was SO loud! She would scream like a wild animal around sunset every day. She talked all the time, which was awesome. But holy crap, the screaming!
    And this was her All. The. Time.

But she loved to snuggle up on me and let me clean her pin feathers. I think she thought I was her nest mate. She would walk up to me and lift up her wing and make me put my hand under it and rub her. If I stopped she would bite me! 
  • Options
    aquasocks said:
    aquasocks said:
    I discovered them at one of John Besh's restaurants. They serve them with the charcuterie board. 
    Shut the front door.

You're taking about LUKE aren't you, French Quarter? I've had that exact charcuterie board and the watermelon pickle thing was amazing. Came in the lil' jelly jar thingy with the spring lid. 

Drool. 
  • Options
    aquasocksaquasocks member
    edited May 2016
    aquasocks said:
    aquasocks said:
    Shut the front door.

You're taking about LUKE aren't you, French Quarter? I've had that exact charcuterie board and the watermelon pickle thing was amazing. Came in the lil' jelly jar thingy with the spring lid. 

Drool. 
    Yes I'm pretty sure it was Luke! His cookbook has a recipe for pickled watermelon but I figured I'd just take a shortcut! (Luke is technically in the CBD-central business district, but that area is adjacent to the FQ. My old office was right around the corner from Luke and I miss all the delish lunches we had. My husband is not allowed to talk about his lunch when he comes home. He's like oh we had these 6 appetizers and yada yada yada. I'm all, "Cool, I ate cold Chick-fil-a for the 3rd time this week. It's only Wednesday by the way." Le Sigh.)
    BabyFruit Ticker