January 2017 Moms

Early Symptoms?

I know it's super early, but is anyone else having any symptoms yet?  I will be 4 weeks tomorrow, but already I'm having periods of queasiness and my sense of smell is definitely heightened.  I'm already struggling to eat enough and to find foods that aren't making me gag...

BFP: 1/31/15; MMC: 3/31/15
BFP: 4/26/16; Baby Girl Born: 1/3/17
BFP: 10/1/21; EDD: 6/10/22

Re: Early Symptoms?

• yes girl.  definitely having some queasiness here and there.  I dont know about y'all but my boobs hurt SO BAD and I could literally fall asleep at any second!  @LJ623 I feel the same about struggling to eat enough.  I am so used to being stuck at my desk all day and forgetting to eat lunch.  I'm having to remind myself to eat every few hours.  And lord, figuring out what to eat has been difficult! 
  • I tested this time and the time before because my breasts were KILLING ME! I also get shaky in the beginning along with nausea. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I just hit 4 weeks today and I started having dry heaves and headaches about 4 days ago. I keep trying to convince myself it's all in my head but the struggle is real and hits at the worst moments. I'm with you on the heightened sense of smell @lj623. We went out for dinner last night and the smell of bread.... yes, bread... made me gag. 
  • A little nausea here and there, tingly sore boobs, and round ligament pain.
    BFP 07/14/2012, EDD 03/22/2013, DD born 03/21/2013
    BFP 05/20/2014, EDD 01/29/2015, DS born 01/14/2015
    BFP 04/25/2016, EDD 01/01/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I feel for ya'll!  I am just hungry....really hungry!  My appetite has kicked into high gear and I am trying to stay diligent making healthy choices and doing well so far. And fatigue is starting to kick in.  If I set my head down at my desk at work I'm snoring in just a few seconds :/.  Oh yea, and the boob thing, got that too!
  • The boob pain is what made me test. It was way more painful than normal menstrual breast pain and it isn't letting up. I've been really fatigued, especially in the afternoon.  I'm a big coffee drinker so I'm trying to figure out how to perk up without multiple cups per day. I've had cramping, which I was told is round ligament pain, since Monday, but that's starting to ease up. I've been nauseous on and off since Saturday. I went to lunch with coworkers earlier and one person got a steak sandwich and the smell of the steak was so off putting. It came on quick and I was worried I'd gag there at the table.
  • LJ623LJ623 member
    I totally forgot to mention my boobs! Not only are they sore (I've had to wear a bra to bed the past few nights), I feel like they are humongous. 

@canavara bread? Ugh I'm so sorry! I don't think I'd survive if the smell of bread made me nauseous - that and cheese are my two favorite things!!

BFP: 1/31/15; MMC: 3/31/15
    BFP: 4/26/16; Baby Girl Born: 1/3/17
    BFP: 10/1/21; EDD: 6/10/22
  • Yes! Nausea, boobs super sore, dizzy, hungry, headaches, so so tired, neck sore, back sore. LOL. Im not even 4 weeks yet. I can't wait to see if it will get worse. Bring it on, I welcome it! With my son, it was not this bad this early. I guess its a good thing. 
    ** Highschool Sweethearts ** 
    Married: February 14, 2009

MC: June 6 2010 @ 18 weeks
    DS: December 19, 2011
    MC: October 2, 2015 @ 14 weeks

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Last week when I got my BFP I was SO hungry and SO tired, this week has been much better with the exhaustion but definitely still hungry almost all of the time (especially after I get home around 4).
    I have been trying to fill up on fruits and vegetables but it really feels like I'm a bottomless pit. I just want all the carbs!
  • I just feel really full without eating much and I'm crazy thirsty.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • On Monday, I was so dizzy and nauseous. Then I started getting cramps, but not as severe as my typical menstrual cramps and way low. By Tuesday, my low back was hurting (I've had 2 back surgeries on my low back and this was a completely different hurt) and I was extremely constipated. So, I tested. Twice. Positive both times. Now I'm not sure if I'm actually nauseous because I know I'm pregnant or if it's my mind thinking I'm supposed to be! I also have a heightened sense of smell and...gaseous...it's hard for me to eat anything outside of potatoes and I've been on a ketogenic diet (no starchy carbs, all veggie carbs, high fat, moderate proteins), so this is very unusual for me! GL to everyone with these. Hopefully the next few weeks pass quick.

Me: 33 DH: 38 Married: 1/10/15

1st Pregnancy EDD: 1/1/17 Born 1/10/17 Team Green turned Blue!

2nd Pregnancy EDD: 11/6/18 Born 11/09/18 Baby Boy!

3rd Pregnancy EDD: 12/?/21

Children are like casseroles; it takes a lot to mess them up.

• I am so exhausted! Can barely keep my eyes open. And I normally try to eat pretty healthy but all week I have only wanted salt! I've also had a little bit of dizziness. Only 4wks 2days
  • sarisa82sarisa82 member
    edited April 2016
    Just want to say I'm so glad I'm not alone! 
    I thought I was going crazy, I'm at the end of week 3. This is my 3rd pregnancy and I generally run high risk. I somehow the past week and a half have lost my mind literally. I was dumping fresh coffee grounds, into trash can and asking myself why while I'm doing it. 
    I've had nausea, definitely smelling things and they're making me gag, I'm also having sore boobs, tightening and abdominal pains, scatterbrained as hell too!!  Nevermind wanting to eat the house down! I literally ate 2 big macs the other day and I didn't even blink then said, I'm still hungry. Oh plus all the weird detached feeling and the emotional crap. I'm not a cryer and I've been crying. My head feels like it wants to detach and float away, my headaches have been insane too. 
  • edited April 2016
    I'm 4 weeks 5 days. Only things I've noticed are slightly tender boobs, and I was a bit emotional yesterday. Oh, and I've felt a bit of mild abdominal cramping that goes away quickly.
    I keep wondering if im actually pregnant, but I had 2 positive tests, my period hasn't started, and my BBT is still high. So I must be!
  • My bra is too tight! For a small-boob girl like myself, that's a dead giveaway, lol. Also I've been a little dizzy. Otherwise I'm good!
  • I am pretty tired, but I know it gets worse, ha. I can smell everything. I mean everything. If you have smoked, I know. If you have drank coffee, I know. If you have the slightest bit of gas, I know. I've started carrying around a candle with me room to room at home just to cover up the smell of....well, everything. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• Me too @cjs260 ! I feel like I'm a blood hound. We went out to eat and my husband was so confused because I could smell that someone had ordered a margarita. Luckily most smells aren't bothering me too much, but I smell everything.
  • eternalsun77eternalsun77 member
    edited April 2016
    Ohhh yeah! Definitely having a few symptoms over here.  Utter exhaustion has been my number one symptom followed in close second by down right painful breasts. I seem to be having minor nausea when not eating every few hours and I've also been having mild cramps in the evening time that kind of come and go. I feel like my sense of smell is totally normal and no food aversion as of yet. :smile: 
  • I'm 4 weeks. Very emotional, smells make me want to puke, boobs hurt, tired, and horrible gas bubbles that hurts my stomach.
  • I started hitting a wall of exhaustion at like 3pm every day at 4w3d, and omg my boobs! I've been on progesterone suppositories 2x a day for about 3 weeks ago I've had "symptoms" from that but this week, OUCH!
  • My boobs hurt so bad yesterday. Hence taking the test and sure enough it was positive!
    Me: 34, DH: 33 // Met: 10.21.2007 // Married: 9.18.2015
    BFP: 4.29.2016 // EDD: 1.2.2017 (IT'S A BOY!) Born 12/26/16
    BFP: 2.10.19 // and MC on 3.19.19
    BFP: 7.9.19 // EDD 3.16.20

• HairBossMamaHairBossMama member
    edited May 2016
    i have been so tired all week with migraines. We were out shopping yesterday and I couldn't keep up. Went into a perfume store and almost threw up. Woke up this morning to nausea and had to test. I just kept thinking dude I feel pregnant haha 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• I need all the sugar! I'm tired and my body at the end of the day (read 8pm) is DONE. I've also noticed that when I bend down to pick up DD I get a little dizzy.
    Our Rainbow Baby H arrived at 37 weeks on 12/20/16!
    Baby E arrived at 37 weeks on 01/31/15!
    Married my Marine 05.23.14

*TW*
    TWIN LOSS 7.2.15
    BFP 9.7.15 CP 
    BFP 12.31.15 MC 2.28.16
    BFP 10.14.17 CP
    BFP 3.10.18 D&C 4.13.18
  • Tired, taking a nap one day was a huge clue! Feeling nauseous at the moment, mostly when my belly is empty :( Hoping that doesn't lead to weight gain in the first trimester. 
  • And as I just found out...lightheaded when I stand up too quick!
  • KnljKnlj member
    I'm 4 wks 6 days. Before my BFP I had very sore, larger breasts. Waves of mild nausea started a few days later. Nausea and breast-tenderness eased up. Now I think I'm feeling round ligament pain occasionally. Bloating on some days. I keep testing and am still getting positives, but I don't really feel pregnant! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • xinranxinran member
    Five weeks today. I have really sore boobs which have been there for a couple of weeks now and they have grown. Definitely bloated and gassy as well as an increased appetite. 
    The weirdset one is I seem to be waking up at ridiculous times in the morning unable to get back to sleep. Although I seem to be tired most of the time. 
    Also had some sharp pulling sensations when sneezing. 
  • 4w+4d and I have my first yeast infection of the pregnancy. With dd I had like 7 and it was horrible.

*TW*
    TWIN LOSS 7.2.15
    BFP 9.7.15 CP 
    BFP 12.31.15 MC 2.28.16
    BFP 10.14.17 CP
    BFP 3.10.18 D&C 4.13.18
  •  I have had some issues with constipation also. If anyone else is having that, dandelion tea has worked wonders along with a magnesium supplement (I like a product called calm).
  • I didn't think I had any but then two cropped up over the past couple of days. The nausea has started but thankfully just for 10-20mn at a time. I'm hoping it doesn't hit me like it did with DS because that was a miserable couple of month.

Then, a weird one - my skin on my face is UBER-sensitive. I put on my usual facial moisturizer and it feels like it's burning. That has never happened before. So either totally fluke or a weird pregnancy thing. Who knows.

June Siggy Challenge: Robert Downey Jr

37 yr old mama with 4yr old DD and 2 yr old DS

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker

• I'm right there with you!  The only symptoms I've had are feeling full with very little food and some heartburn (I usually don't have this).  Still getting positive tests and no period so I'm hoping that I'm just lucky.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • SA0012SA0012 member
    I'm SO surprised I have NO boob sensitivity. Every single other pregnancy that has been my first symptom and how I knew even before the BFP - and it was NO JOKE. Bras at night, and even a slight brush was excruciating.

I'm guessing it's because I'm nursing this time? Who knows, but I'm not complaining!!!

Now... suddenly MOOD swings hit today. Watch out!!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • SA0012 said:
    I'm SO surprised I have NO boob sensitivity. Every single other pregnancy that has been my first symptom and how I knew even before the BFP - and it was NO JOKE. Bras at night, and even a slight brush was excruciating.

I'm guessing it's because I'm nursing this time? Who knows, but I'm not complaining!!!

I'm still nursing too and haven't had any sensitivity either! Seems so bizarre!

*TW*
    TWIN LOSS 7.2.15
    BFP 9.7.15 CP 
    BFP 12.31.15 MC 2.28.16
    BFP 10.14.17 CP
    BFP 3.10.18 D&C 4.13.18
  • SA0012 said:

No boob sensitivity here either, and this is my first. I think it has a lot to do with me being a lifetime member of the Itty Bitty Titty Committee, though. Haha. 
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• ju0725ju0725 member
    I am also nursing, I was sensitive at first but it was only for a few days. 
  • SA0012SA0012 member
    No boob sensitivity here either, and this is my first. I think it has a lot to do with me being a lifetime member of the Itty Bitty Titty Committee, though. Haha. 
    Oh, get ready! lol, I was also a lifelong member of that committee until pregnancy and nursing. I hope they stick around forever now! Get ready to graduate!! ;-) 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • New symptom for week five - dizziness! I feel like I get lightheaded randomly throughout the day. Also I'm starting to get sick. Not sure if that's pregnancy related or seasonal change related. Ugh. 
    Me: 34, DH: 33 // Met: 10.21.2007 // Married: 9.18.2015
    BFP: 4.29.2016 // EDD: 1.2.2017 (IT'S A BOY!) Born 12/26/16
    BFP: 2.10.19 // and MC on 3.19.19
    BFP: 7.9.19 // EDD 3.16.20

• I swear I started getting symptoms within a week of conceiving. Constipation, super exhausted all of the time, bloating/gas, sore boobs, pain in my lower back.

But one thing that I definitely have been dealing with, and I don't know if anyone else has had it - shortness of breath! Just sitting at work, every now and then I can feel my chest tighten a little. It only lasts for a couple seconds, but still. I've never had that happen before! Is it just me??
    Me & DH: 27
    Met: 12.9.2007
    Married: 9.26.2014
    BFP: 5.1.2016
    Baby Boy Due: 1.13.2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yesterday (5w1d) I was officially introduced to "morning" sickness (at 9pm) and, uh, I could live without!  :s My RE called in a scrip for digl-whatever it's called to take tonight and in the meantime I'm stocked up on saltines and Vernors (Detroit represent!)