April 2016 Moms

~~Newborn update thread~~

Re: ~~Newborn update thread~~

• Loading the player...
  • Milk drunk :) Thomas is 1 week old today! I'm finding it hard to keep up with this guy's monster appetite.
  • We were admitted to the NICU for 18hrs due to high bilirubin levels and jaundice but luckily got to go home after they did go down.  I had to go in to nurse every 3 hrs.  They did give a paci and asked if it was ok.  I said yes as our other son had no issues. Well nipple confusion is real and he screamed for an hour refusing to nurse the last two times so we are exclusively nursing and no paci, yet.  Trying to figure out a good time to reintroduce it.  Nursing is going well now :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Sophia is 2 weeks today, I can't believe how fast these past couple of weeks have gone. We're having some issues with gas that is making Sophia really uncomfortable. We're trying gripe water and mylicon drops which seem to be helping a little but it kills me to see her so uncomfortable at times. 
    In the same boat
  • For the moms with gassy/colicy babies. We think we're dealing with some gas issues here and my SIL, who is on her third, recommended trying the Windi. We'll be giving it a try!!

And because these came today and are ridiculously adorable, the bibdanas I ordered for DD2 :blush: 

Let us know how the Windi works out! My little buddy has been super gassy the last couple of days and I can't seem to find any relief for him and we've tried absolutely everything. Poor little guy :( I'm thinking it must be something in my diet because he was 100% fine and the suddenly SUPER painfully gassy the last 3 days. Since he's getting pumped milk I can't be certain what I ate on the days that correlate to the milk he's getting though. I'm going to start keeping a food diary to see if I can identify any triggers.
  • For the moms with gassy/colicy babies. We think we're dealing with some gas issues here and my SIL, who is on her third, recommended trying the Windi. We'll be giving it a try!!

And because these came today and are ridiculously adorable, the bibdanas I ordered for DD2 :blush: 

I have these bibs and they are awesome
  • Does anyone use there Carrier for there baby? My LO is almost 4 weeks. Is he still too young? I have the front Carrier with the buckles. 
  • Does anyone use there Carrier for there baby? My LO is almost 4 weeks. Is he still too young? I have the front Carrier with the buckles. 
    I have used my lillébaby buckle carrier and my maya ring sling. She fell asleep right away with both of them! I love the closeness with the ring sling. My LO is 3w4d, used the carriers for the first time at 2 weeks.
  • @Cwyatt2571  I use my ergo with infant insert and my ring sling.  My son is 2 weeks
  • Awesome thank you ladies
  • DS2 is one day old today and I took him in the Moby to pick up DD1 from school this morning. He loved it.
    I used the Ergobaby with infant insert when LO reached 7 lbs. Just check to see if there's a minimum weight with your carrier.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Love my boba wrap!
    she naps in It and I have both  hands free.
    if your baby likes being in your chest and or swaddled it's worth a try.
    i really want a ring sling too but they are $$$
  • WiseUsagi said:

I was pretty surprised to because he slept almost the entire day. He was probably awake for a grand total of an hour and a half the whole day so I was expecting him to want to party all night. He's started eating more too so I'm thinking we're in a growth spurt. 
    I think we get better sleep at night when he sleeps more during the day. Sleep begets sleep? at least for us.
  • jonesl12 said:
    I can believe Adalynn is a month old already! time is going by so fast!
    Is she still doing better now that your BFing routine has changed? She looks elated in this picture, like "what gas? I'm golden, mom!"
  • jonesl12 said:
    I can believe Adalynn is a month old already! time is going by so fast!
    Is she still doing better now that your BFing routine has changed? She looks elated in this picture, like "what gas? I'm golden, mom!"
    I think it's helped but she still has her bad days for sure. Some of it is because I have a forceful letdown so I try to pump a bit before I feed her is she's not too pissed by that point.

• My son had not done too well in sleep sacks or swaddlers since birth. He cried just as much in sleep sacks, and broke out of blanket swaddles. So we had given up after one week. Well the last two nights I tried the sleep sack again (at almost four weeks), and I don't know what changed, but omg! He went from our usual routine of waking to feed every 2-3 hours to sleeping in 4-5 hour chunks! I was thrilled.

And he seemed to wake slower as I released him from the sleep sack and he slowly kind of re-acquainted himself with his limbs in the morning, cooing and looking around instead of opening his eyes and immediately wailing for food. I'm really glad I gave them another shot, and I encourage anybody who has them on hand but didn't get too far at the newborn phase to try again too!
  • Elliot is nearly two weeks old. I can't believe it. She is a pretty good baby. My recovery from the section has been harder than I thought but Elli has been easier than I expected (although not easy, don't get me wrong!)
  •  Big sister is so excited about little sister. She kisses her goodbye every morning. And even knows that if she's asleep to kiss her hand then touch her forehead. And I am already obsessed with dressing them in coordinating outfits!

About the carriers- I have used the Koch and the infantino unison (which I love! It's so small and simple). I can't quite figure out the ergo w the infant insert. I watched 2 YouTube videos and I keep feeling like my baby will fall out when I put her in- any tips?