Secondary IF

~~ 2if weekly check in (4/25/16) ~~

Cycle Status

QOTW: What was the last book you read?
Me: 37 DH:41
10/2009 - TTC#1 Stopped BCP! Let's DO this!
1/2010 - BFP (Natural) --> 10/2010 - DS born! Yay!
12/2010 - DH diagnosed with stage 3B testicular cancer. #cancersucks
10/2011 - Complications with DH and lymph nodes in groin area removed. No longer able to ejaculate.
1/2014 - TTC#2 - IUI#1. No luck. Findings: DH sperm did not survive freeze. RE recommends IVF with ICSI.
3/2014 - IVF Cycle #1 Started BCP
4/2014 - Lupron, Gonal-F, and Menopur
5/7/2014 - ER day (25 eggs retrieved, 15 mature)
5/10/2014 - 6 fertilized, 3 embryos frozen - one grade A and two Grade B. Plan was to grow out to blastocyst stage but rest of eggs arrested by day 3. Decided to freeze on day 3.
2/9/2016 - FET #1 with Grade A (8 cell - 3 day embryo); 2/20 - Beta was <5. BFN.  :/ Waiting for period and start next FET.
7/8/2016 - FET #2 with Grade B (8 cell - 3 day embryo), fingers crossed this one sticks. :)
7/19 - Beta was 74. BFP!!!!; 7/21 - Beta was 182; 1st U/S on 8/2; 2nd U/S on 8/16 :)

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: ~~ 2if weekly check in (4/25/16) ~~

• CD1 eh

Just finished reading the walking dead compendium 1. Love seeing how it compares and contrasts to the show.

• Not a very active board it seems...

• Loading the player...
  • CD18 - Waiting for the "Curse"

QOTW: Last book I finished was THINspired by Mara Schiavocampo. I rarely finish books I start. I get 3/4 through a book and then stop reading. It took everything to finish the Hunger Games.

I think there are a lot of lurkers who don't feel comfortable chiming in on where they are in their cycle. That's my guess though. I feel I use this medium as my sounding board and to be able to relate to others. I don't feel so alone when I can communicate on this board, as opposed to not being able to talk about it with my family openly (Mom, Sister, etc.). They just don't understand, as they have never had to deal with anything I'm going through, so they can't relate to my experiences. 
    10/2011 - Complications with DH and lymph nodes in groin area removed. No longer able to ejaculate.
    1/2014 - TTC#2 - IUI#1. No luck. Findings: DH sperm did not survive freeze. RE recommends IVF with ICSI.
    5/10/2014 - 6 fertilized, 3 embryos frozen - one grade A and two Grade B. Plan was to grow out to blastocyst stage but rest of eggs arrested by day 3. Decided to freeze on day 3.
    2/9/2016 - FET #1 with Grade A (8 cell - 3 day embryo); 2/20 - Beta was <5. BFN.  :/ Waiting for period and start next FET.
    7/8/2016 - FET #2 with Grade B (8 cell - 3 day embryo), fingers crossed this one sticks. :)
    7/19 - Beta was 74. BFP!!!!; 7/21 - Beta was 182; 1st U/S on 8/2; 2nd U/S on 8/16 :)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I wish more people would chime in, it' comforting knowing I'm not alone. Sometimes people don't get it because I have a child they assume I should be happy with her, which believe me I am, but nothing hurts like wanting another child and not being able to have that. I know my daughter will make the bestest big sister one day I just wish that day was sooner than later. There are days I'm ok with just having 1 and I love being able to focus 110% on her but my heart wants another. I feel like I have so much love to give.
  • Ahhh, I hear ya. Everyone on this board has a little one(s) and is trying for another. You're def not alone and you're not the only one having those same thoughts/feelings. <hugs>

BabyFetus Ticker
  • CD39. Waiting for my cycle to start, but I'm still dealing the a cyst so I have no idea when that will be. I'm frustrated, as usual. I wish they would remove the cyst. My 40th birthday is only 6 months away and I've made that my make or break point, so being stuck in limbo is agonizing.

I think the last book I read was a James Patterson novel. I love the Alex Cross series, but I don't read much these days. I'm usually too exhausted after my DS goes to bed.

crazypt2855 I totally understand. I'm forever grateful that I was able to have my son, but it hurts so much to know I might not get the change to have another child. Hearing people tell me how lucky I am is like a punch in the gut sometimes. Especially when it comes from people with 2-3 kids. They just don't understand. Good luck!

• KD01KD01 member
    Cycle status:  I just stopped birth control pills on Monday to prepare for my first IVF cycle, so I would anticipate Cycle Day 1 to be either today or tomorrow.  I start stims on Saturday.

QOTW: the last book I read was "A Little Life" by Hanya Yanagihara.  It was very depressing and tough to get through!  I am in a book club and our next pick is much more light hearted, so I am looking forward to that!

I also wish there was more activity on this board.  I have not posted on the Infertility board because I do feel badly having 2 children and posting about trying for another.  So hopefully this board picks up at some point!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Cycle Status: CD19/4dpIUI

QOTW: What was the last book you read? Can't recall I think girl on a train....I'm currently reading Bringing up Bebe (it's about how Parisians raise kids) hoping I might get to use some of this info with next one  :# since my DS is already 5 and nowhere near the baby stage