Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Wednesday

2»

Re: WTO Wednesday

• edited April 2016
    @kfair001 So far I've only been to one appointment, my second appointment is tomorrow. I haven't noticed anything different yet. It doesn't hurt at all, and it was very relaxing. I figure it can't hurt! I'm also trying to get an appointment for Mayan Abdominal Massage, because my chiropractor found some adhesions in my abdominal muscles that should probably be worked out. 

ETA @meilay I'm sorry you're going through that. It just plain sucks. Hugs to you. 
  • @furbabymom2007 - THANK YOU for the heads up on everything! I probably would have tried to use the bathroom before leaving for my appointment, so it's good to know! :)

@LadyBrettAshley23 - Thank you for the FX! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Month/Cycle: 4/3

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: hate this question...haha

R/R/CS: H left for a work trip this morning! It was nice though, because I went into work late and we got to make breakfast together watch today show, just relax. Also, CD 10 = HIO!!! lol We will resume upon his return on Friday :kissing_smiling_eyes: Other than that, nothing going on. Work is work, life is life. 

GTKY: Do you have any superstitions? Are you superstitious? I don't, and I don't think I am. The only thing I will not do is watch any of those damn movies about devils, or exorcisms. I think being raised Catholic really brings that home for me, and I feel like watching it opens you up to something bad! Also, my imagination is really crazy, like I can't watch ghost movies, etc. My sleep has gotten 10x better since I realized this and stopped watching them. I mean even the previews in movie theaters. I will close my eyes and plug my ears and sing...... :scream: 

TTC #1 - December 2015
    Me:31 H:31
    DX: MFI - 1% Morph 
    12/16 -IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol w/ Lupron trigger
    ER - 11 retrieved- 9 mature - 7 fertilized - 3 sent for PGS on day 5 - No normals (1 XXX Embryo - may use in future)
    3/17 - IVF #2 - Antagonist Protocol w/ HCG trigger
    ER- 13 retrieved - 11 mature - 8 fertilized - 2 sent for PGS on day 5 -2 Normal
    FET #1 - 5/16/17 - BFP! - Beta #1 5/25 - 156 - Beta #2 5/30 - 2562 - Beta #3 6/1 - 5191!

• @meilay    I'm so sorry about your news.  It majorly sucks. 

Me: 32 DH: 31
    Married:  July 14, 2007
    TTC #1:  January 2008
    Surprise BFP:  November 2009
    DD Born: July 10, 2010
    TTC #2:  April 2016
    CP:  September 2016
    Chart Stalk Me

• @meilay That is really crappy news :/  You are a strong woman to be going through this! 
  • Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: BBT, OPK, PNV+ DHA, CM

R/R/CS: Still waiting for O, should be here between now and Monday if it's in line with my last cycle. Either way, time to start HIO ;)

GTKY: Do you have any superstitions? Are you superstitious? Nope
  • @sarah0985 - my first RE appointment is next Tuesday too! And I completely agree that it cannot come fast enough. FX we both get some helpful direction!

@meilay - I'm so sorry for this news! Hugs.

Month/Cycle: 9/9

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: all the things. started OPKs today and it's time to HIO!

R/R/CS: Not too much today. Like PPs, just glad that I'm at the part of WTO where something actually happens. The first part is just so boring and I'm wishing it away! Now I'm wishing away the next 6 days so I can get to my RE appointment on Tuesday. I know that it's unlikely that I'm going to get a huge amount of answers after the first consultation, but maybe we'll get some insight from the blood test results? Argghh! Just tell me!

GTKY: Do you have any superstitions? Are you superstitious? I do wish on 11:11 and definitely knock on wood a lot. Also totally agree that as soon as you say the "q" word, things get absolutely crazy!

Me: 36 | DH: 34
    Married: May 2008
    TTC #1 since August 2015
    FET #1: November 4, 2016
    BFP: November 13, 2016 
    EDD: July 25, 2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Month/Cycle: 1/1 - Just starting!

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: Once AF leaves...frequent sex, healthier eating and maybe some CM checking...oh an PNV

R/R/CS: I got nothing

GTKY: Do you have any superstitions? Are you superstitious?

I am convinced that if I don't sleep with blankets over my feet I will be maimed in the middle of the night by an invisible monster...does that count?

<br>
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

• Month/Cycle: 7/1(1st after loss)

CD:17- I may have already ovulated.. I'm not temping this month but havent had any sure signs of O, so hanging till I do

WAYDTGKU: HIO ED, or EOD depending on how we feel- PNVs, working out, CM..

R/R/CS: We were supposed to HIO ED in FW.. But my DH has been "too tired". I dont want to stress him out so I just let it go... But commmme on. 

GTKY: Do you have any superstitions? Are you superstitious? I guess with some stuff I'm a little superstitious.. but nothing really comes to mind

@kellybean1988 I'm sorry but I may have loled! But total HIPPA violation!! I would have been so irritated!!
  • Month/Cycle: 9/8

CD: 27

WAYDTGKU: all the usual

R/R/CS: I had a pretty large temp spike this morning, so I might have O'd yesterday, which would actually be early for me! If so, our timing would be great, and I'm going to try to squeeze in the +1 tonight, too. I learned the hard way last cycle to keep HIO for a few more days just in case, though. 

GTKY: Nothing that I can think of at the moment. 
                                Me: 26, H: 28
                                Married since 2012
                                TTC #1 since July 2015
                                 **TW**
                                         Laparoscopy and Endometriosis dx February 2016
                                HSG and SA all clear! September 2016
                                 Testing with RE October 2016
                                                        BFP 11/5/2016 ~ EDD 7/19/2016

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @sammajane19 Yay, good news!
    @TwentySixth I would if you don't want to risk missing a +OPK.
    @mailay I'm so sorry. So many hugs. I also went into TTC knowing there is little chance of not having a c-section. I myself was an emergency c-section baby my mom never imagined would happen.

Month/Cycle: 14, 1 AL

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: Letrozole, Ovidrel, TI, charting, food

R/R/CS: Not much. Just realizing I've been more level-headed lately and not blowing stupid things out of proportion anymore. It's done wonders for my mental health and marriage.

Nope

TTC + medicated cycles
    3/2015: Start TTC
    8/2015: PCOS Dx
    4/2016: BFP, Loss (4+5)
    2/2017: BFP

Honorable mentions: Biggest IF support sister, sweetest bumpie, most genuine, LFAFer you'd most like to visit, great things come in small packages, pocket sized babe
  • Month/Cycle: 8/9

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: NTNP this month, so just having sex whenever

R/R/CS: So we switched to NTNP for at least this month and we'll see what happens after. It's been great and so much less stressful. I haven't been on here because of it, but I was missing you guys! Also I had to count out to what CD I am before posting and wow that went fast! It helps that I've been super busy since my students are taking finals next week and I had a ton of prep. I normally O between CD 13 and CD 15, but I haven't noticed any EWCM so I probably still have a few days.

No superstitions that I can think of.
  • @meilay I can't say I understand how you feel. I can only imagine how devastated I would be if I were told that a water birth would be out of the question.  I'm so sorry you're experiencing this. Once it's all said and done, of your you'll love a baby no matter how it arrives. As someone who also wants to able to use water for comfort during labor and possibly birth, I know that's upsetting that you may not get to make the choice you wanted. 
  • @MrsBinPA it's sounds like you were awake for your hysteroscopy?  Hmm,  they are gonna knock me out (already told DH he is under no circumstances to film me or play any pranks on me when I come out of it) 

what did they do for yours?  Was it more of an exploratory thing or was there a procedure.  Mine will be to remove polyps , repeat HSG, and possibly tubal cannulation 
  • Month/Cycle:4/4

CD:5

WAYDTGKU: I just bought some new opks, temping,  and all the other usual stuff

R/R/CS:not much going on today but we have DH's grandmother's 100th birthday this weekend!

GTKY: Do you have any superstitions? Are you superstitious? Not really but when I was younger I tried on a friend's engagement ring and they later got divorced. I decided after that to not let anyone wear mine.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Month/Cycle: 2/3

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: PNV, vitamin D, fish oil, some Fertilitea, green tea, avocados, grapefruit juice, HIO ED or EOD

R/R/CS: Rave - I don't know why but I'm still feeling optimistic about this cycle. AND! AND! My bank is opening up inside the grocery store. We did some grocery store shuffling so they were closed for a while and have been taunting me for ages with a big "Coming soon!" sign but I was in there today and the security people were in setting up the vault/ATM. Soon! It's stupid but I hate the parking lot at the other one and it's so convenient to deposit checks and everything and get groceries/lunch. And yes, I do still deposit checks in person like a fuddyduddy. This bank still charges a fee to deposit checks via mobile banking.

I don't worry about black cats--we've had a number of them--but I do do the stuff that's easy enough. Spill salt? Toss a little over both shoulders b/c I can't remember which one. Try to avoid breaking mirrors. Don't walk under ladders because it just plain is the opposite of a best practice, etc. I do try to avoid 666 stuff. As in if they tried to give me that for a phone number or a license plate, I would politely decline. It's not really rooted in belief, I'd just rather not. *TW Birth? idk* I did find it hilarious to learn that a local hospital lists labor & delivery as being on the 14th floor. It's actually the 13th floor. They just renamed it. The elevator doesn't list a 13th floor. Superstitious people must just freak if they don't realize that until they're in labor and they're stuck at that hospital.

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • redheelerredheeler member
    edited April 2016
    Month/Cycle: 5

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: Nothing as of yet

R/R/CS: sorry I've been MIA for the last couple days, just been gathering myself, feeling a bit better today. Couldnt get in to see my doctor until Monday... I just want answers but I'm worried for them.

Ive always done some things because of superstitions, I won't walk under ladders, I don't like black cats, I won't put hats on beds, never hold horseshoes upside down, I also won't put new shoes on a table, but now that I think of it I should do it more, the superstition is that if you put new shoes on a table 5 women around you will become pregnant.

But yes, I follow superstitions, out of habit more than believing in the effects.
    Me - 22  |   DH - 32   |  Married - 24 May 2014
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    BFP - 6 March 2016  |  MC Confirmed - 21 March 2016
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
    BFP - 25 August 2016  |  Due Date - 11 May 2017
  • @meilay  That's good news!!!!!  FX that the RRLT shrinks them and they don't have an impact

Me: 32 DH: 31
    Married:  July 14, 2007
    TTC #1:  January 2008
    Surprise BFP:  November 2009
    DD Born: July 10, 2010
    TTC #2:  April 2016
    CP:  September 2016
    Chart Stalk Me

• I'm new! I've been lurking for a couple weeks and I had posted some on Babies on the brain but DH and I have decided to take the plunge and start trying!

Month/Cycle:1/1

CD:15

WAYDTGKU: I started a Prenatal vitamin a few months back other than that just trying to do the deed regularly. I'm thinking about trying temping but not sure how good I'll be at doing it at the same time. 

R/R/CS: I decided to cut out caffeine today for the good of my future baby and it sucked. I had a headache most of the day. 

GTKY: I'm not really superstitious per say but strange things have happened to me that make me think there might be something out there. Like one day I was driving and all of a sudden my break light on the dashboard came on and for some reason I slammed on my breaks. The light went out and I looked up and if I hadn't done that I'd have been in a pileup with several other cars. I have a few similar stories but that's the most recent one. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Month/Cycle: 9/9

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: saliva microscope, OPKs, charting, temping, checking cm/cervix, sex when possible, CoQ10+ vitamin E+ PNV for egg quality, acupuncture, and whatever I'm forgetting.

R/R/CS: **TW: loss mentioned**
    I spent the day going down the rabbit hole of trying to decide what I want to be my "line in the sand" (so to speak) on when I schedule an appointment with an RE for RPL testing. Do I just go ahead and go now after only 1 clinical pregnancy and 2 CPs? Do I wait for another CP? Do I want till I have another clinical pregnancy regardless of how many CPs are between now and then? Do I just skip RPL testing altogether in favor of the "it'll happen when it is supposed to happen" mindset? I haven't really given all this much serious thought till after this last cycle. I don't want to take the appointment of someone who needs it more than I do, like a lady with infertility. But I feel weird telling myself that I'll just do nothing and wait for another loss. It doesn't feel like there is a "right" answer.

**TW end. Safe to read again!**

GTKY: Do you have any superstitions? Are you superstitious? I'm not generally superstitious but I do feel like if you talk about how great something is going it'll start going badly. And I do have this thing where it feels like every time I say "oh I'd NEVER do that!" I end up doing it. I joke with DH sometimes about how I have to be careful what I say I'll never do because whatever it is I'll end up doing it someday. Maybe I should start saying I'll never get my take-home baby?  ;)
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• kellybean1988 OMG! I can't believe your doctor did that! My dentist called my FIL to reschedule my appointment last year. Apparently when they linked DH and my accounts they didn't remove his dad from the account. They thought it was ok to call him for my appt...wtf?!?

@sarah0985 and @SongbirdintheCity My first "RE" appointment is next Wednesday. I say "RE" because my OBGYN is going to start the basics testing. The nearest RE is an hour away so this works out for us. I don't know how I'm going to get to RE appointments if it gets to that.

I'm so jealous of all of you who can bump at work. I work in an open office and everyone can see everything I do:( I hate mobile bumping. I stalk on mobile but don't post. I feel like it's pointless to post this late in the day but want to participate still.

Month/Cycle: 5 TTCAL 15 Total

CD: 13  @housewifehobbyistCycle Twin!!

WAYDTGKU: HIO!!!

R/R/CS: I finally can see/feel some CM!!! I gave up sweets for lent and therefore hid my girl scout cookies. I went to find them after Easter and could not for the life of me find them......I found them today!!! They were hid behind canned chicken broth.

GTKY: Do you have any superstitions? Are you superstitious? I knock on wood and wish on 11:11 (actually any time (2:22, 5:55, etc)

***********************************************************************************************************************************
    ~Formerly @dogmomwantinghuman ~
    Me: 29 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since January 2015
    BFP #1: 11/30/15| MC 12/16/15BFP # 2: 6/2/16 | EDD 2/16/17

• Late check-in for me today!

Month/Cycle: 6/5

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: PNV, BBT, OPK, GDTPT

R/R/CS: One performance for my drama club down.  One to go tomorrow.  And then Friday, I'm sleeping in a little bit and going in to school at 9.

GTKY: Do you have any superstitions? Are you superstitious? Super not.  I'm a relentless pragmatist.
  • For anyone who asked.... Dr appt went great and I love this new primary care dr.  My rash seems to be some kind of yeast infection, no clue how I got it or why.  So I have a cream and a lot of instructions.  Still feel hideous.  
  • Month/Cycle: 3

CD: 41

WAYDTGKU: Nothing, now. Waiting for AF so I can start the next round of clomid. Took my last provera this morning.

R/R/CS: I am stressed the heck out. I want to quit my job and my husband says it's fine. But at the same time I like the tiny paycheck I get each week. The head of the entire store retired a few months ago and we got a new manager and she is just awful. She's trying to assert her dominance and I get that but I have terrible coworkers and listening to audio books while I worked was what got me through the day, especially since they expect me to work longer than I'm scheduled. Anyway, she banned headphones so now I'm all... ugh. It's not working for me anymore.

GTKY: I'm not. My mom is mildly. Her grandmother was. Some of great grandma's carried down. I follow superstitions occasionally for my mom's sake. Like when we moved out of our last apartment I left the broom. Apparently there's a superstition about leaving the bad dirt in your old place. *shrug*
    Husband & I married May 26th, 2012
    Me 28 Him 28
    TTC #1 since January 1st 2016
    Anovulatory with PCOS
    Clomid 50;100;150;200: No O
    TSH 3.75 Put on 50mg levothyroxine
    1500 MG Metformin
    7.5 MG Letrozole: No Follicles
    9 MG Letrozole: 21mm Follicle no pregnancy
    4 cycles at 9 MG Letrozole, No pregnancy

• @Kiki75  Apparently a lot of buildings don't have a 13th floor and they skip right to 14. It's not just for women in labor. I only know this because I live on the 14th floor of a building and people have asked me if it's really the 14th floor or if they skipped 13 (they didn't - there is a 13).
  • CoonMom said:

@sarah0985 and @SongbirdintheCity My first "RE" appointment is next Wednesday. I say "RE" because my OBGYN is going to start the basics testing. The nearest RE is an hour away so this works out for us. I don't know how I'm going to get to RE appointments if it gets to that.

I'm so jealous of all of you who can bump at work. I work in an open office and everyone can see everything I do:( I hate mobile bumping. I stalk on mobile but don't post. I feel like it's pointless to post this late in the day but want to participate still.

I have the same problem @CoonMom! That's why I often end up posting early in the morning and then usually not again until late at night. It's not because I'm not interested - I just can't! And the days when i can post mid-day (because I've found a corner for a few minutes where no one can see my laptop screen), it usually means I won't be able to get back on to participate more or if i do, it's super late - like now. We can keep it alive late night, right?! LOL. :) 

Also - I hope your appointment is enlightening and that you don't have to do the one hour trek! Sounds like many of us could have helpful updates next week. FX!

Me: 36 | DH: 34
    Married: May 2008
    TTC #1 since August 2015
    FET #1: November 4, 2016
    BFP: November 13, 2016 
    EDD: July 25, 2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Really late check-in for me today.

Month/Cycle: 10/8

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: BBT, OPK.  If FF is correct, my FW should be beginning this weekend. FX

R/R/CS: Today's been a pretty good day. No complaints.

GTKY: Do you have any superstitions? Are you superstitious?  When it comes to my favorite sports teams... Yes. I mean I believed in a curse until 2004.

Me: 36  DH: 40
    Together since 2007 | Married June 2013

TTC #1: June 2015
    BFP: 11/9/16 |  EDD: 7/22/17
       <3 DD born 7/16/17

TTC #2: December 2018
    BFP: 2/26/19 | EDD: 11/7/19
    <3 DS born 11/3/19 

TTC #3: January 2024
    Mirena out 1/23/24
  • I have learned a drawback of getting on early; a lot to catch up on with little to no opportunity for comments. 

@CoonMom and @SongbirdintheCity
    I have a similar issue. My computer can be used by anyone and is very open. I try to check on lunch, but it frequently depends on others. If I manage to bump, I normally only have time to catch up before heading back. 

Sorry for not commenting much. @meilay I'm glad the news was better than you were first led to believe. Here's hoping it really won't cause an issue. 
  • @britters314 I know that lots of buildings do that but...unless they actually have a 13th floor that just sits empty, the "14th" floor is still the friggin 13th floor. Is it supposed to fool actual people or just the juju? Either you go all in with the empty floor or you just call a spade a spade. A 13th floor by any other name is still the 13th floor. If I had that phobia I would be pissed when I got in the elevator and realized that. 

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18