August 2016 Moms

Hello Everyone *Update

Hey everyone. Thank you to all those who have been thinking of my family and myself. I am so grateful. Well my hands have been quite full so I haven't had time to come on here. Until now since my insomnia is in high gear. So my DH came home last week on April 20th. DH has a picc line in place and one drain. Currently is taking quite a bit of antibiotics by mouth and with the picc line. I had to learn how to do the antibiotics and what they call SASH. Poor DH is still on hospital time and wakes often. So we are all adjusting to the time differences. We have 3 more weeks for the antibiotics. Next appt is May 3&4th. DHs drain was putting out a lot of fluid but by the 2nd day of him being home it has not let nothing out....so I am hoping that's a great sign. We have a nurse who will come every week. It's crazy though the first nurse that came was going over what the VA had put on his file and one thing was him having gangrene from this horrible ordeal which is why he has the picc line and has to do 4weeks of antibiotics. I was shocked to hear this. See with the VA they don't just give you all the paperwork on what has transpired at the hospital. DH was explaining to me he has to put in the form to get all the paperwork explaining everything which he for sure will at his next appt. My biggest concern right now is just him recovering from this whole ordeal. The past week he has had good and bad days but seems like if you take many antibiotics you can get sick so he is trying to figure out the best times on when to take medications. DH is unable still to do a lot of things. Like lifting anything more than 5lbs. I am just so grateful he is here and recovering slowly but surely. I felt so lost without him and I know it for sure put a toll on our LOs. I mean our DS2 who is 1 was very quiet anytime we visited DH in the hospital but now that he is home he is all about saying DADA and just being near him. Just the sweetest. Both our boys are very happy to have daddy home. During this whole ordeal I feel like I wasn't really able to enjoy my pregnancy but man the belly is growing and baby is very active :heart: DH felt baby kick and was so happy. I'm just hoping for things to go back to the norm soon. All I know is I am very happy to have my family back together. I hope to be more active on the board and to participate soon in the HDBD :smile:  Thank you everyone who sent their T&Ps. I truly believe it helps. XO Duffgurl Carrie 

P.S. Sorry for any mistakes in my writing but it's 3:04am :neutral: 

Here is the photo I took of us on our way home :heart: 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Hello Everyone *Update

• Glad to hear your update! I hope everything continues to improve.
  • You are one strong lady! I'm glad everything is going well and FX things continue to improve!
  • Loading the player...
  • So glad to hear from you! I can't believe they neglected to mention gangrene! I can't imagine going through this whole ordeal. You are unbelievably strong! Keeping you in my prayers!!
  • Thanks for the update and glad your family is back together again. You're doing an amazing job taking care of him and keeping it all together... I can't even imagine how scary and stressful this must be. Stay strong, mama!
  • You get the SUPERWOMEN AWARD Image result for superwoman award glad everything is getting better for you and your family. Keeping you in thoughts and prayer :)
  • You rock mama! Taking care of two littles, while pregnant and being an awesome caring wife! You are definitely in my prayers and I hope your husband has a quick and full recovery! 
    *TW Spoiler*

DD: Aug '16

10/2017: Twins confirmed with TTTS at 22 weeks. 
    10/10/17 Twin B passed after in utero placenta surgery
    11/2/17 Twin A & B born 
    11/26/17: Twin A passed after 24 days fighting in the NICU
    Benched 6 months 
    BFP: 6/28/18 MC:7/16/18  BO
    BFP: 10/2/18 EDD 6/15/18

• So glad you updated! I'm happy to hear things are starting to improve and you have your family back together again! Sending lots of positive thoughts your way!

• So happy to hear from you! I am relieved that things seem to be going in the right direction for you guys. You are so strong to be doing all of this. Keep up the great work momma!
  • Glad to hear things are looking up!  Stay strong, you are amazing!

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hoping the worst is behind you and you can all start getting some rest. Glad to hear hubs is home and you are feeling well too.
  • My thoughts and prayers are with you.  I am happy your family is back together!
  • Glad to hear he's back home and things are improving! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Goodness, I must have missed what happened but so glad things seem to be going well. Take care of yourself!
    BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.
  • Thanks for the update @Duffgurl !! Continued prayers to overcome this all! So glad to hear things are improving. 
  • Glad to hear the update 
  • So happy things are getting better little by little. FX for good appts coming up!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me (32) DH (34) | |
    BFP #1 4/5/12 | Natural m/c on 4/18/12 (6w1d)
    BFP #2 8/23/12 | DS born 5/3/13
    BFP #3 12/6/15 | DD born 8/23/16
    BFP #4 2/22/19 | EDD 10/28/19
  • I missed the original issues, but it sounds like things are on the mend. I hope and pray things continue to improve.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I am glad things are looking up! Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.