February 2016 Moms

You Know You're a Mother to an Infant When...

edited April 2016 in February 2016 Moms
...filling little 5 oz bags brings a bigger sense of accomplishment than graduating school.

Now you all complete the sentence!

Re: You Know You're a Mother to an Infant When...

• ..... I actually used this sentence with my husband today... our daughter farted on my finger when I was putting on Aquafor. Man... Things have gotten romantic over here!!  <3
  • Loading the player...
  • smn14smn14 member
    ...When being projectile vomited on isn't gross, but makes you want to hug them! 
  • Your heart literally feels like it's bursting with love. I also have a 5 year old whom I love more than anything but I forgot how intense the love feels til you "get used" to it. I realize that probably sounds bad. It's not meant to, I just can't think of a better way to describe it. 
  • Someone else's bodily fluids not only matter, but can make you happy! Yay you need your diaper changed?! That's # today! Or oh, let me get that out of your nose!
    I am 27, DH is 26.
    We have been married since September 28, 2013.
    We had our first child, Zoey, February 7, 2016.

images 300168
  • ...when you keep track of weekly "birthdays"  instead of yearly birthdays.
  • Oh what's on your shirt? Just a little spit up from baby *licks finger, wipes shirt* ehh I tried  :(
  • This applies to my older kids but when you sing cartoon theme songs in the shower. Bubble guppies, I always catch myself singing it
  • You're so tired you try to use hand soap as tooth paste... 

You track all input and output of your tiny human :) 
  • When your obgyn appointment is something you look forward to because you have time to return email! I had my iud placed yesterday and I got so much done in the office! :)
  • When you get 6.5 hours of sleep in a row and you feel like you won a gold medal!
  • ...you come home from a grocery trip with both kids and feel like you deserve a gold medal and a large glass of wine.
    Oh man, I take my two (2.5y and 2m) grocery shopping every week and I treat myself to Starbucks every time we make it through without anyone (including myself) crying. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @VitaLuna I tried once. Had to call DH at work to come help me checkout. It was aweful and I felt like such a failure. I always took DD grocery shopping but two is a game changer
  • @BabySeaTurtles how is that carrier for the cart? I've been eyeing it for some time. I have four kiddos and I usually have my 7 year old push the stroller with the baby while I shop with the cart lol. It works but this looks so awesome. 
  • You get that wonderful feeling from holding your baby and seeing him and/or her smile!
  • You're a fairly earth-conscious person, but decide to buy the mega packs of paper plates, cups, and plastic silverware because you're sick of the constant sink-full of dishes and running the dishwasher daily. 

• You have a sleeping baby on your chest and you text your husband "come sniff her butt" to be sure she's not dirty before you lay her down for bed. (such romantic texting, right?)

• @BabySeaTurtles how is that carrier for the cart? I've been eyeing it for some time. I have four kiddos and I usually have my 7 year old push the stroller with the baby while I shop with the cart lol. It works but this looks so awesome. 
    @Latina211508 - It is completely amazing!!! I saw it on Pinterest while pregnant and immediately found it on Amazon to add to my registry. It's called a cart hammock and couldn't be easier to use. She falls asleep every time and I totally have room for groceries. It's folds up small and I keep it in the diaper bag. Just a warning though, baby is out in the open so of course I get stopped every other aisle by those who gush over the hammock or the baby or both.

• ...when your boob is bigger than your baby's head  :o
    Or when only one of your boobs is bigger than your baby's head :-/
    I am 27, DH is 26.
    We have been married since September 28, 2013.
    We had our first child, Zoey, February 7, 2016.

images 300168
  • VitaLuna said:
    ...you come home from a grocery trip with both kids and feel like you deserve a gold medal and a large glass of wine.
    Oh man, I take my two (2.5y and 2m) grocery shopping every week and I treat myself to Starbucks every time we make it through without anyone (including myself) crying. 
    Girl, you should treat yourself even if someone DOES cry! :)
    BabyFetus Ticker