August 2016 Moms

Second Time Registry

What are all of you STM (or more!) mom's putting on your registries if you're doing them?  I'm doing them more so I can keep track of what I need, but my mom also wants to share it with a few people who've asked what we need this time around.  We're having a boy this time, so some of the obvious things like clothes, bedding, etc., but what about other stuff?.  Mine is actually pretty robust, but I'm just wondering if I'm forgetting anything this time around!  Are there things you need for boys that you didn't for girls?? 
DD  <3 6/15/2014
Baby #2 due 8/11/2016

Re: Second Time Registry

• gosh we don't need anything since we have one son and the new baby will also be a boy. 

I got a double stroller so I put the car seat adapter on my registry.  butt cream, diaper liners....we truly don't need anything
  • Not too much this second time around since we kept a lot of the equipment from DS. I'm planning on going through his clothes that I've kept and seeing if anything could be unisex since LO is a girl. On the registry I mainly have the double stroller and things that I had to throw away from DS because they were used to death like, swaddlers for sleeping and other little things. If anything, girly clothes and diapers would be appreciated, but we have pretty much everything else. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I mostly did mine so I could get the completion coupon. Ours right now just has the stand board for our stroller (I'm not getting a double since DS will be 3 when LO arrives), a new infant tub, a new grooming/first aid kit and crib sheets. 
  • I feel like I need a ton so I'm doing a registry for the coupon. DS is almost 3 when the baby arrives and I returned a lot of what I originally registered for with him that we wound up not using but I would use now for second (didn't need a snap and go, baby carrier, Jumperoo). Plus this ones a girl so we'd like to get pink blankets, sleep sacks, etc. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Our infant seat was expired so I bought a new one. But I put the extra bases on the registry, bath tub, diapers, ointments, bottles, binkie a, sheets. Lots of small thing. Only big thing was a little bassinet sleeper thing. 

• New wash cloths, burp cloths, pacifiers, sheets and towels. Some warm weather clothes because DS1 was born in March so the seasons are off. A sit and stand stroller and a wrap carrier (I have an ergo but want a wrap for the first few months). We're also getting a new car seat, since DS's is pretty grimy after all the time he spent in it. 

That's about it. It's just for us to keep track of what we need and get a completion coupon. 

• Curls919 said:
    I mostly did mine so I could get the completion coupon. Ours right now just has the stand board for our stroller (I'm not getting a double since DS will be 3 when LO arrives), a new infant tub, a new grooming/first aid kit and crib sheets. 
    Grooming/first aid kit - that's a good one!

Jenniferk08 Us, too, we didn't have a bassinet with DD, but I think we want to get one this time, so that's the one big item that's one there.  The second seat kit for the City Select is also kinda a big item, and that's on there, too.  Otherwise, same, just lots of small things that need replacing or to be boy instead of girl.
    DD  <3 6/15/2014
    Baby #2 due 8/11/2016

• blond1230 I'm with you.  I'm not sure why, because we have so much stuff from DD, but I feel like there's so much new stuff that I need.  The more I think about it the more items that I realize I need to add.  Also, a lot of it is stuff that I didn't register for with DD because as a FTM I had no idea I'd need it or didn't think of it until I needed it but now I obviously know haha (i.e. gas drops, gripe water, Tylenol, certain brands of creams/shampoos, extra nipples for bottles, breast milk storage bags, etc.).
    DD  <3 6/15/2014
    Baby #2 due 8/11/2016

• I have a question too. I registered online with target when I was pregnant with DD. I'm trying to register again with them to get the coupons but it won't let me because I've already registered once. Do I need to use a different email address to set up a new registry entirely?
  • @Lynnlove28 That's weird!  I didn't register at Target with DD, but I did with Amazon and BRU, and I didn't have that problem with either site.  How old is you DD, maybe the old registry is still active because it hasn't been long enough.
    DD  <3 6/15/2014
    Baby #2 due 8/11/2016

• @SkiChic626 I had DD in October of 2014.
  • Lynnlove28 hmmmm so weird!  Are you able to find your old registry still active?
    DD  <3 6/15/2014
    Baby #2 due 8/11/2016

• I'm doing the same as you. My registry is my checklist of what I need. Getting the registry completion is just a bonus.

We have a son already and since now I'm pregnant with a girl, I've got a lot of nursery stuff on the registry.

- crib bedding (blankets, sheets)
    - changing pad covers
    - laundry and organizing baskets
    - sound machine
    - double camera monitor
    - double stroller
    - new washcloths and towels
    - new pacifiers
    Daisypath - RkZ5
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • I have a question too. I registered online with target when I was pregnant with DD. I'm trying to register again with them to get the coupons but it won't let me because I've already registered once. Do I need to use a different email address to set up a new registry entirely?
    Google says you can access 18 months after "event date".  Sounds like that is your problem.  So maybe try again in May?
    I had the same problem! I went in store and tried to get assistance and ended up creating a new account. Sooooo annoying!! I had DD in Oct of 2014 too and her registry was still accessible from my email but not searchable on the registry app. Doesn't make sense. 
    Baby #1: Palmer Olivia - October 2014
    Baby #2: Emmeline Grey - August 2016
    Baby #3: BFP 9/7/18  |  EDD 05/24/19
  • I'm putting everything  except  big expensive  purchases on mine. The only expensive  thing going on it is the monitor,  which I'm putting on there more for the completion  discount.  We've already  bought the carseat  and stroller and bedroom furniture.  Purchasing the bedding set tonight. I feel like I shouldn't  put that stuff on there since this is my third. And I plan on finding big things like a swing and jumper at garage sales. It seems silly to buy them new. So my registry will have things like diapers, bottles, pump acessories, sheets, safety items, bath items, unecessary decorative  items, etc. All the little things that add up. But we are definitely  starting over since our youngest is 6, so I'm super thankful were having a shower, possibly two :) 
  • I put things like Breast milk storage bags, and Drop in liners for bottles, diapers, and wipes, binkies, Diaper bag, bottle bag cooler, baby shampoo/body wash, hooded towels, grooming supplies, infant carrier, diaper genie refills, Dreft laundry detergent... and a few other small things. We have bought pretty much all the big stuff ourselves, except the crib, which we added to the registry just for the completion discount. (Then my sisters told me they are going to buy it for us) This is baby number 3 for us, and since our other 2 are so much older, we had nothing! We have been purchasing all the big stuff over the last couple months.
  • I'm putting everything  except  big expensive  purchases on mine. The only expensive  thing going on it is the monitor,  which I'm putting on there more for the completion  discount.  We've already  bought the carseat  and stroller and bedroom furniture.  Purchasing the bedding set tonight. I feel like I shouldn't  put that stuff on there since this is my third. And I plan on finding big things like a swing and jumper at garage sales. It seems silly to buy them new. So my registry will have things like diapers, bottles, pump acessories, sheets, safety items, bath items, unecessary decorative  items, etc. All the little things that add up. But we are definitely  starting over since our youngest is 6, so I'm super thankful were having a shower, possibly two :) 
    Our youngest is 6 also. I felt a little awkward that people wanted to throw us a shower, being our 3rd baby and all, but my friends and family helped me understand the justification, considering the age gap, and the fact that we were starting from scratch! I still felt uncomfortable asking others to buy anything big for us!
  • I put a bunch of stuff on there just for the completion discount. Mattress, new diaper pail (they just came out with this new one at BBB and I'm obsessed with it), second camera for our monitor and accessories/second seat for our new city select.  A friend offered to throw me a sprinkle so I added some additional, lower priced items on there like swaddle blankets, crib sheets, bottles, bath towels, baby wash/shampoo, changing pad liners, diapers and books. 
  • I have a question regarding the completion discount: do any of the big stores allow you to use it for multiple purchases?  I seem to remember that it can only be used once at some stores.  

• We've always had delivery room surprises so everything we have in tiny baby is gender neutral.  I created a registry, but never made it public, to use the completion coupon to get a discount on a double stroller.  If anything, I found with my subsequent babies I used less things than I did with my first! It just seemed like some of it got in the way! 
  • I have a question regarding the completion discount: do any of the big stores allow you to use it for multiple purchases?  I seem to remember that it can only be used once at some stores.  
    I think it depends on the store. BBB is a one time use. Target gives you a book anxd it gives you several chances to pick up items from your registry. 
  • I just started doing this more as a list for myself and for the completion discount.  Mostly, the only stuff I need is either duplicate items because DD will still be using her stuff (ie, sound machine), replacing things that are just old or gross (ie diaper genie), and a few little items just to have in boy stuff (ie clothes, washcloths, towels, swaddles, etc).  I also need to get a few other duplicate items because when DD was a newborn, we lived in a one story house and it was easier to just move things from room to room, but now that we have a 2-story and I don't want to constantly carry stuff up and down stairs, we'll have to get some duplicates (ie bouncer, maybe a pnp). 
  • I think most of my items have been mentioned already, but here's what's on my list.

Most stuff falls into 4 categories: duplicates for stuff DS1 is still using (camera monitor, sound machine, etc.), replacements for things that have been worn out over the years (e.g., new mattress, bottle nipples), staples (diapers, diaper cream, breast milk bags, etc.) and a few things I wished we had gotten last time that we might try out this time (like a Tula carrier, a Rock n Play and a snuggle nest). It's mostly a shopping list for me, though I've had a few people ask for ideas and I've pointed them to the list. To my knowledge I am not having any showers.

Bathing:
    -hooded towel
    -washcloths
    -bath sponge (one of those ones they lay on in the sink)

Bedding:
    -couple of Woombies
    -snuggle nest
    -new PNP mattress
    -new crib mattress

Diapering:
    -diaper rash cream
    -newborn diapers
    -new diaper bag (I don't like the one we had for DS1)

Feeding:
    -bottle brush
    -Soothies gel pads
    -bottle nipples
    -pump replacement parts (new membranes, tubing, etc.)
    -Medela quick clean micro steam bags
    -lanolin
    -breastmilk storage bags

Gear:
    -Tula carrier
    -Rock n Play
    -Sit and stand stroller

Misc:
    -new nail clippers
    -sound machine
    -humidifier
    -second camera for our monitor

BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.
  • @bananers can I ask which new pack n play mattress you're looking at? We need a new one as well but I can't find one that I love based on reviews...

BabyFruit Ticker
  • All these things are great!  I've been able to add a few necessities to my list because of all you smart mamas!

hamper
    grooming kit
    2nd humidifier
    nail clippers
    Medela steam bags
    replacement pump parts

All of that is being added to my list, can't believe how easy it is to forget things!
    DD  <3 6/15/2014
    Baby #2 due 8/11/2016

• blond1230 said:
    @bananers can I ask which new pack n play mattress you're looking at? We need a new one as well but I can't find one that I love based on reviews...
    This one, because it folds and we use the PNP as a travel crib a lot. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00KB58JX4/ref=aw_br_ov_dp_2_2?colid=3JSC5CIQHC7PY&coliid=I2WSWL4HL5CX92&vs=1
    BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.
  • @Lynnlove28 here it is!! STM+ this thread should give more insight :) 

my thread police is ON POINT today, I'm annoyed at myself *rolls eyes* 

• @AliKay20 thanks! I got tired of looking for it and just decided to answer the poster lol. There have been way too many new threads started recently on things we've already discussed. There should be a mandatory lesson and quiz on the search function. 
  • @AliKay20 thanks! I got tired of looking for it and just decided to answer the poster lol. There have been way too many new threads started recently on things we've already discussed. There should be a mandatory lesson and quiz on the search function. 
    Me too, and it was even my own OP! LOL  I can never get the search function to work....it always pulls things up on other boards but never anything on the board I know I've seen something on. 
    DD  <3 6/15/2014
    Baby #2 due 8/11/2016

• ethiwen4 here's the thread
    DD  <3 6/15/2014
    Baby #2 due 8/11/2016

• Pretty much nothing, all I needed was a double stroller (bought city select used) and another car seat.
  • My DS is 7 years old so I feel like we're starting over. We still have his car seat, swing, and crib. My registry will consist mostly of the basics.
    -baby bottles
    -wipes
    -diaper bag
    -bathing shampoos
    -receiving blankets
    -storage bags for milk
    Other random things
    The only big thing on the list is a stroller. His great nana is already getting little things like towels and onesies. Plus my neighbor's daughter is giving me her newborns unused items like clothing and bath tub. 
    The main thing I would be so greatful for is diapers!
    But I don't know how to put that on my registry. Like what sizes, how many, etc
  • Stephanie7693Stephanie7693 member
    edited June 2016
    @mbelcour
    Car seats do expire, typically around 7 years. Just pointing that out in case you weren't aware :)
  • I just added A&A swaddle blankets to our registry.  I had thought we'd reuse the ones from DS but damned if that kid doesn't love his blankets (he uses them at night as his blanket instead of a flat sheet on his bed).
  • @mbelcour
    Car seats do expire, typically around 7 years. Just pointing that out in case you weren't aware :)
    Just wanted to agree with this. I think most expire after 6 years, so yours is likely expired. The plastic ages and can fail in a crash. Yours should have an expiration date printed on it, so check. This may be something you need to add to your registry.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml