August 2016 Moms

Wednesday Ticker Change

How many weeks today? 

How big is baby (fruit size or other)?

Rants/ Raves/ Symptoms?

What is coming up next?

Questions?

GTKY: If you have or are going to have a birth plan, what is the one most important thing that you DO NOT want to waiver on (unless there is an emergency and you don't have a choice)?

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change

• How many weeks today? 24

How big is baby (fruit size or other)? Cantaloupe 

Rants/ Raves/ Symptoms? I have not had a good nights sleep in I can't remember how long. I fall asleep fine but I get woken up so easily and then stare at the wall for an hour or two. 

What is coming up next? I scheduled my last 4 week appointment for the end of May then I start going every two weeks. 

Questions?

GTKY: If you have or are going to have a birth plan, what is the one most important thing that you DO NOT want to waiver on (unless there is an emergency and you don't have a choice)?

Im a repeat c section so my only birth plan is to show up. 
  • How many weeks today?  23!

How big is baby (fruit size or other)? Size of a barbie doll....or a bunch of grapes!

Rants/ Raves/ Symptoms?  Spent the night in L&D.  I have struggled with headaches this entire pregnancy, but yesterday it was so bad I couldn't open my eyes and I thought I may die!  All checked out ok, just a super bad migraine.  Still suffering today, but glad everything turned out ok.

What is coming up next? My GD test.  YUCK!

Questions?

GTKY: If you have or are going to have a birth plan, what is the one most important thing that you DO NOT want to waiver on (unless there is an emergency and you don't have a choice)?  Ha, my labors are so fast, that there is no time for a birth plan.  If there is one, its to make it to the hospital.  My first was 3.5 hours from first symptom to baby in my arms.  My second I was induced (or given cervidill) to kick start it AT the hospital!  This time, who knows.  Time will tell!
  • Loading the player...
  • How many weeks today? 26

How big is baby (fruit size or other)? a butternut squash

Rants/ Raves/ Symptoms? I hurt.... which just makes me crabby. Sciatica pain, my hands and lower arms ache, go numb and tingle from carpal tunnel and my feet hurt. Blah.

What is coming up next? My baby shower is this weekend! 

Questions? Nope.

GTKY: If you have or are going to have a birth plan, what is the one most important thing that you DO NOT want to waiver on (unless there is an emergency and you don't have a choice)? I won't have an extensive birth plan but I really don't want an episiotomy.
  • @WinnieLou82 I feel you on the carpel tunnel. Also my mom is throwing me a sprinkle and we haven't even discussed dates yet. Have fun at your shower! 
  • How many weeks today?  24! Welcome to Viability little love!

How big is baby (fruit size or other)? Cantaloupe, or a Puffin

Rants/ Raves/ Symptoms? Really, just my sleep patterns. I sleep super hard for about 2 hours, wake up to pee, and then can't fall back asleep because my hips and back are achy. Plus, these monstrous boobs are making me violent. All I want to do is cut them off... :neutral: 

What is coming up next? Glucose test. #ew

Questions?

GTKY: If you have or are going to have a birth plan, what is the one most important thing that you DO NOT want to waiver on (unless there is an emergency and you don't have a choice)? As a FTM, I really have no idea. I do know that it is possible I will end up having a C-section (due to heart issues, mine, not baby), so I am pretty much just trying to keep an open mind and have faith that my little one will be well taken care of. :heart: 
    first time momma
    -a heart at peace gives life to the body-
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How many weeks today? 23 weeks

How big is baby (fruit size or other)? Baby is the size of a Chinchilla

Rants/ Raves/ Symptoms? I have been having extreme hunger. I want to eat all day long. When I do eat, it is just a little at a time so I don't feel miserably full but I could do that like every 15 minutes. :) Only bad right now seems to be RLP and not being able to get comfortable in bed.

What is coming up next? Next appointment is on May 3rd. I have to have another ultrasound to get pics of what they couldn't see last time due to baby being to wiggly. At this appointment I will also be set up for my GD testing.

Questions? Not today

GTKY: If you have or are going to have a birth plan, what is the one most important thing that you DO NOT want to waiver on (unless there is an emergency and you don't have a choice)? I want dh by my side through everything. He was last time and is planning on it again. I couldn't do it without him.
  • How many weeks today? 24w3d

How big is baby (fruit size or other)? cantaloupe or garden eggplant or an atlantic puffin

Rants/ Raves/ Symptoms? lately i have been so tire and hormones ain't helping i start crying out of no where

What is coming up next? Have docs appt that i will take that drink and draw blood will be there over an hour yikes!

Questions? What do you do when you feel like your hips are out of place lately when i walk and over do work i get this hip and leg pains so bad it hurts to walk sometimes?

GTKY: If you have or are going to have a birth plan, what is the one most important thing that you DO NOT want to waiver on (unless there is an emergency and you don't have a choice)? i sure am scared to have a c-sec but if it has to be done due to princess or my life being at risk i will have to do it.
  • How many weeks today? 26

How big is baby (fruit size or other)? Kale

Rants/ Raves/ Symptoms? My boobs (especially the left) have already started leaking on a pretty consistently. 

What is coming up next? GD test sometime this next two weeks. Just hoping to pass. 

Questions?

Honestly, as of right now, my most important thing is that no family (other than DH) comes to the hospital while I am in labor. I just want to get through it with just the two of us. 
  • @emmeline714 My OB's office gave me some stretches for my hips and back, and they really help (just google pregnancy stretches). If you're having trouble walking, a support belt or PT might help - definitely ask your doctor!

How many weeks today? 

Slow loris

Rants/ Raves/ Symptoms?
    Everything is starting to hurt, and I'm scared about how much worse it will get over the next three months!

What is coming up next?
    Glucose test and RhoGAM shot on May 16. Fun way to start that week, lol

Questions?

It's a toss up between skin-to-skin contact as soon as he's out, and only having DH and medical staff in the room while I'm pushing. Those are the only two things I'm really set on.
  • @Mfuller76 when I got my first rhogam shot with DD I pulled my shirt up for the arm and the nurse so no honey the butt. It kinda hurt as well which I was a little shocked about. 
  • Ohhh, thanks for the heads up, @Lynnlove28! I'll make a note to wear pants that day. :)
  • How many weeks today? 

Cauliflower

Rants/ Raves/ Symptoms?
    Feeling hungry, heartburn/reflux. Had my hospital tour on Monday night!

What is coming up next?
    28 week appointment where I'll have the GD test and whooping cough booster. 

I hadn't really thought of this yet until the tour on Monday night. It made me realize I need to kick things into high gear--it's going to be here soon!  I do want to ensure skin to skin right away and that they leave us to do that for a while before shots/weighing, etc.

BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • How many weeks today? 26 weeks

How big is baby (fruit size or other)? Butternut squash (<-this makes me sick, I hate butternut squash)

Rants/ Raves/ Symptoms? Ugh, the insomnia is real! I'm getting so little sleep

What is coming up next? 1 hour glucose test and our last u/s on May 11th. 

Questions?

GTKY: If you have or are going to have a birth plan, what is the one most important thing that you DO NOT want to waiver on (unless there is an emergency and you don't have a choice)? Gosh, that's like asking me to pick my favorite snack food, lol. If I had to pick one thing, it would be that I plan on having a drug-free birth. I am not being induced, no matter how over my due-date I go, and have no plans to have an epidural. I really want the option to get up and move around and labor in positions that work for me. I don't want to be stuck laying on my back in a hospital bed for possibly hours.
  • @DressageDarling - not having family/friends at the hospital comes in a close second for me. We're not even going to tell anyone I'm in labor except my mom (she lives 12 hours away and will have to catch a flight). I was explaining this to my mother-in-law a week or so ago and she fed me the whole, "But we live so far away so we need to know when you're in labor so we can get there in time." A.) get there in time for what? You're not coming back into the room while I'm in labor or immediately following the birth and B.) you live one hour away!!! 

Just knowing that people are waiting in the waiting-room would stress me the F out. 
  • BritMC18 said:
    @DressageDarling - not having family/friends at the hospital comes in a close second for me. We're not even going to tell anyone I'm in labor except my mom (she lives 12 hours away and will have to catch a flight). I was explaining this to my mother-in-law a week or so ago and she fed me the whole, "But we live so far away so we need to know when you're in labor so we can get there in time." A.) get there in time for what? You're not coming back into the room while I'm in labor or immediately following the birth and B.) you live one hour away!!! 

Just knowing that people are waiting in the waiting-room would stress me the F out. 
    I'm letting my parents know as well, but only so they can come up and take care of our dog. They know that they are not coming to the hospital until we call and give the all clear. I am not even going to talk to my MIL about the plan unless she asks. She's been so distant during this whole pregnancy that I don't even feel like dealing with her opinion.

I don't know why anyone would just want to sit there for possibly hours on end.