February 2016 Moms

Pre pregnancy size

Are you ladies close or back to your pre pregnancy size? I gained 40lbs while pregnant I'm 11weeks pp and have been holding on to an extra 10lbs and it's driving me nuts. How about you ladies?

Re: Pre pregnancy size

• hnullhnull member
    edited April 2016
    Today I am back to what I weighed PP and fit into all my tops but only one pair of my pp jeans. Also, my stomach is no where close to what it looked like before baby. I'm 8.5 weeks pp. we will get there!
  • I gained 23lbs and I am about 5lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight. I have been holding steady at this weight since about 3 weeks postpartum (currently 11.5 weeks pp). I am hoping I can lose these last few pounds plus a few extra as I am 20lbs heavier than when I got pregnant with my first baby 7 years ago.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I'm in the same boat- 10 lbs to go after gaining 40. With my first baby,  I'd lost everything by now. I know I need to eat less but I'm so hungry all the time with all the breastfeeding my moose baby does! I could also exercise more, too.  Wish it was just falling off like it did the first time! 
  • I'm down to my prepregnancy weight but my stomach is still flabby looking. It doesn't help that I can't run because my boobs hurt too much
  • jarob747jarob747 member
    edited April 2016
    Lol I gained 50 lbs this time. Still have 15 more to go, I hate it. My stomach is flabby. I'm 10wks pp now. I've been walking hills, but can't run cuz my boobs hurt and yeah I'm hungry all the time. Have got to do something, I so badly wanted to be back to 125 again by now not 140 
  • Nope, not even close. I gained close to 50 lbs and have around 25 left to lose. I've come to accept that the weight isn't going to simply fall off for me so I'm trying to gradually get back on track with eating and exercise. In the meantime, I've bought a few things in a bigger size; it feels better to wear non-maternity clothes that fit instead of squeezing into a wardrobe that'll only make me look bigger. I'm focusing on adjusting to my new life and routine with baby for now and aim to lose the excess weight by the end of summer. 

Be kind to yourselves- our bodies just went through the most badass thing possible! 
  • I gained 24 lbs and was surprised to be back to my pp weight around 3 weeks postpartum. Now at 10 weeks I'm 11 lbs under that and seem to be losing a pound or so a week. I'm bf & pumping so I think that is playing a huge factor as I'm definitely not exercising! My body shape is nowhere near what it was before baby though, my stomach and thighs have a long way to go before I feel comfortable in my skin again. 
  • I'm 11 weeks postpartum and I'm under my pre-pregnancy weight. Unfortunately, I was/am overweight. I need to loose 35 pounds to be the healthy, active person I want to be.
    I am 27, DH is 26.
    We have been married since September 28, 2013.
    We had our first child, Zoey, February 7, 2016.

images 300168
  • I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight by 4w PP. My stomach is MAJOR flabby/floppy, though, so most of my clothes still don't fit right. 

With DD1, I stayed 15-20lbs over my pre pregnancy weight and never lost it, even with eating better and increased exercise. I certainly could've put in more effort, but I do think that our bodies hold onto what they want/need while breastfeeding sometimes.

• My pre-pregnancy clothes are actually baggy, though my tummy is extremely muffin-toppy. I therefore wouldn't say I look better than pre-pregnancy, but I think I weigh less (just a guess as I don't own a scale and they don't keep track of your weight here). 

I have diastasis recti, which makes the belly worse. Or so they say. Let's hope it clears up soon so I'm not stuck with this belly forever. 
  • Ugh, went to put my size 8 work pants on the other night and had to go to kohls for size 12! I was so depressed when I left. I have a nice muffin top flabby belly, my butt and thighs even got bigger. I'm weighing 158 now and was 148 pre-pregnancy. I'm short, 5'2" so according to charts I should be no more than 140 for a healthy weight. I don't eat right or exercise, so this week I've started trying to eat healthier: chicken, yogurts, cheese sticks, some fruit and have been attempting smaller portions. I am SO hungry. I'll try to start getting in some walks next week. I keep telling myself to just get into the routine with LO and get back to the routine of working and the life that comes with being a working mom before I jump into something else with weight loss. 
  • I'm below PP weight but size... Not even close. My stomach looks awful like I'm still 20 weeks pregnant with a flubber baby. My c section incision is still healing at 8 weeks PP (I've been going back periodically to have them out silver nitrate in it to try and close it) so I'm afraid to work out very hard until I know it's closed. Let's be honest I haven't really worked out besides walking a few times. It seems like the tummy will never go away. Also these hideous dark lines running down my belly!
  • I left the hospital at my PP weight. I'm down an additional 25 pounds. My stomach still looks like a deflated balloon though.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • It's awesome for all of you ladies who have lost the weight! I lost about 15 pounds after I had baby... But then over the last two months I have put on weight :( I guess it's to the inconsistent breast feeding, crappy diet and lack of exercise... Guess I need to step it up! I've also been dealing with loss of job and then stressing to find a new one. For those of you who have lost the weight any tips, snacks, tricks would be appreciated. I know the best way is diet and exercise. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • skschnake said:
    It's awesome for all of you ladies who have lost the weight! I lost about 15 pounds after I had baby... But then over the last two months I have put on weight :( I guess it's to the inconsistent breast feeding, crappy diet and lack of exercise... Guess I need to step it up! I've also been dealing with loss of job and then stressing to find a new one. For those of you who have lost the weight any tips, snacks, tricks would be appreciated. I know the best way is diet and exercise. 
    I know everyone is different, but for me the only times in life I've gained weight were when my portion sizes increased. I've never dieted, per se. I just feel like I eat child-size portions when I'm out and my husband always wants meat and veggies for dinner so there's that every night. It's hard to alter portions once you're stuck on a particular amount (at least for me). After my c section, I wasn't eating very much and I feel like my portions are still small because of it. I have to slowly build it up but it would be the same process to slowly reduce it if I felt like I was eating too much in one sitting.
  • I gained 38 lbs and as of this week (11.5 pp) I have around 4lbs to go to my pre-pregnancy weight, but I only fit in one pair of non-maternity pants. My body is so different from what it used to be!
  • @skschnake I'm so sorry that you're looking for a job right now--that's stressful enough without a tiny baby at home!  

Right now, I'm less than 5lbs away from my prepregnancy weight but I was about 10-15lbs over where I'm happiest. I just signed up for weight watchers because I stopped losing weight after about 6 weeks postpartum. I did it before our wedding and it was super effective and easy. You get extra points if you're breastfeeding (so I'm not freaking out about killing my supply) and unlimited fruits and veggies. They're also running a special where if you sign up by May 2nd and lose 10lbs within 3months (totally possible), they'll give you a $50 gift card (or pay for your next 3 months). If you take the gift card, it's less than $10 for the program which is pretty awesome. 

Does the weird loose skin ever go away? I gained about 30lbs, didn't get stretch marks and heard my whole pregnancy about how small my bump was (usually followed by the delightful "it's because your hips are so big"  :s ) I feel like I have extra skin now (which makes sense), kind of like how puppies and kittens have that scruff of their neck thing. Except it starts right under my ribs and is way less adorable. Does anyone know if that's here to stay?! 
  • @skschnake
    I don't eat particularly healthy. I did eat a little healthier while pregnant and of course stayed away from alcohol, which I was drinking about every day pre-pregnancy - lots of calories! That kept me from gaining a whole lot of weight during pregnancy, which probably made it easier to drop pounds.

I do also try and go for 30+ min walks every day, but it really isn't hardcore exercise because I don't feel up to that yet. (Probably due to diastasis recti + still recovering from some pretty gnarly tearing.) Still, I'm sure it helps. That - and breastfeeding.
  • I have always bounced back very quickly. I've been at my pre-pregnancy weight since week 2 after borth 5'1, 110 (fourth baby). I was smaller before all my other babies but I was way too thin before. My line down my belly is still there but it never went away completely after my third baby. I definitly got hips after my babes (thank goodness). 
  • @skschnake I can't say I eat better I don't eat out as much. When I was pregent chipotle was all I ate and it def showed in hips, ass and thighs lol. Besides breastfeeding I go for about 2 speed walks a day with my dog taking the stairs when ever I came and using baby as a weight for bicep curls lol
  • @skschnake I can't say I eat better I don't eat out as much. When I was pregent chipotle was all I ate and it def showed in hips, ass and thighs lol. Besides breastfeeding I go for about 2 speed walks a day with my dog taking the stairs when ever I came and using baby as a weight for bicep curls lol
  • Anyone else dealing with serious sugar cravings? I didn't crave sweets while pregnancy, but the last couple weeks have been terrible! I think it doesn't help that I'm probably not eating enough to begin with, so when I feel snacky, sweets are sounding best. It's awful, and I know it's keeping me from losing more weight. I know I need to reset my body/brain, but it's hard to just kick it cold turkey. 

• VitaLuna said:
    Anyone else dealing with serious sugar cravings? I didn't crave sweets while pregnancy, but the last couple weeks have been terrible! I think it doesn't help that I'm probably not eating enough to begin with, so when I feel snacky, sweets are sounding best. It's awful, and I know it's keeping me from losing more weight. I know I need to reset my body/brain, but it's hard to just kick it cold turkey. 
    Yes this exactly. My body is constantly screaming "chocolatttteee". 

I enjoyed reading this and identified a lot with what she was saying

https://www.pregnantchicken.com/pregnant-chicken-blog/my-postpartum-body?rq=Postpartum  
  • VitaLunaVitaLuna member
    edited April 2016
    @charliegoldengirl that article is so accurate! (in fact, I split a box of Annie's mac and cheese with my toddler two days ago ☺️) Thanks for sharing

The one thing I keep reminding myself is to accept, appreciate, and respect my body, because there are always little eyes watching and they need to see a mama that loves herself. 

• smn14smn14 member
    @VitaLuna this! Chocolate never bothered me before baby, but I'm like some kind of addict desperate for a choc fix lol! Lost loads of weight immediately after birth but it's creeping back on thanks to my new found sugar addiction! Will read that article ...
  • @VitaLuna I am also a total chocoholic these days! So good, so bad...

And, at 10.5 weeks PP, I'm 10lbs away from pre-baby weight. That said, I'm still using a walker/doing PT/have very restricted mobility after my pubic symphysis ruptured during delivery (biggest ouch of my life to date). With an alleged 4 more months of recovery time ahead of me, I'm setting in for the long haul with my belly pooch... some days are easier than others when it comes to accepting that.
  • @VitaLuna Same here! To get my fix, I've been making a shake with a banana, peanut butter, and a tbsp of cocoa powder. Does the trick and I don't feel as guilty!
  • I told myself a million times yesterday that this sugar stuff had to stop, then a bought s bag of mint Milanos at the store! I never buy junk food! Gah, I'm a mess. 

• I posted a while ago about the sugar cravings. I think it's due to lack of sleep and your body wanting energy. My sweets cravings were out of control right after baby was born! It's definitely better now that I'm getting more sleep but I find on my tired days I'm dying for chocolate. I gained about 35 and am now finally within 10 pounds of my prepregnancy weight at 11 weeks pp. This is the slowest I've lost weight (it's baby #3.) But I've been losing about a pound a week and feel good about it. This way I don't worry about supply issues. My belly is super flabby though so it'll be a while before things tighten up. I'm not working out and I eat whatever I want so I can't complain. I tell myself when he's consistently sleeping through the night I'll start excercising. But I'm getting real damn tired of my maternity jeans and my fat pants are outdated. The rest of my jeans are all sized for when I'm skinnier 5'7 135 so it'll be a while before I get back in them sadly:(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I know my portion sizes are way too much! This week I have tried to scale those back and make healthier choices. I'm craving sweets like crazy right now and trying to fight through the urge to grab Reese's! My SO ordered me a Fitbit yesterday to help keep track of food and exercise with their app. I don't even exercise, so next week I'm going to start trying to take some walks. I keep telling myself baby steps and take it one small step at a time so I don't get overwhelmed and quit. My body is definitely shaped much different than pre pregnancy that is for sure! My hips are even wider! 
  •  I gained 50 pounds, but I was under-weight (pre baby). Now I am all about getting my stomach back