Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Tuesday

Month/Cycle:

CD/DPO:

Timing:

Testing:

R/R/CS:

GTKY: What social issues/charitable causes do you feel strongly about/participate in/donate to? Is there a particular reason why?

Re: TWW Tuesday

• Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD/DPO: 25/11

Timing: -3, -1, 0

Testing: This morning. BFN. I don't know now if/when I should test again. Since this is my first month on Femara I don't know when to expect AF. I was all excited to test this morning and now I'm all deflated. 

R/R/CS: I'm not saying I'm out for sure, but there's just something about this process and getting a BFN that makes me feel like a moron for having been all excited and symptom spotting. Reality sucks.

GTKY: What social issues/charitable causes do you feel strongly about/participate in/donate to? Is there a particular reason why? Humane Society 100%. We adopted our kitty there and while I don't think I'm emotionally stable enough to volunteer there, they will always be my first choice for donations and support.

Me: 32
    DH: 33
    Married: October 2015
    TTC #1: October 2015
    EDD #1: June/July 2017

• Loading the player...
  • Month/Cycle: 4/2

CD/DPO: 27/9

Timing: -3, -2, -1

Testing: Friday if no spotting

R/R/CS: Well now begins the anxiously waiting to see if I start spotting. I usually start 4 days before AF and LP has been between 12 and 14 days. I had some cramps last night so I'm not feeling hopeful. Thank god I have this huge project at work as a distraction! Wish I could say it has kept the BSC down, but no. I'm feeling full-fledge crazy right now. Friday just get here already!

GTKY: What social issues/charitable causes do you feel strongly about/participate in/donate to? Is there a particular reason why? I've donated to autism awareness before. I used to be a behavioral therapist when I was in college and got to work with autistic children. DH and I are trying to figure out what we want to be involved in in our new city. I'd like to do something with Alzheimers...my grandma and DH's grandpa passed away from it. 
  • @AliciaGoose Yay!! Happy to see you over here!

Month/Cycle: 4/3 ATTC (11/6 NTNP)

CD/DPO: 32/5

Timing: -5, -4, -3, -1, +1

Testing: Not for a while.

R/R/CS: So, there is supposed to be a tornado outbreak where I live today. Hoping to get my patients seen and get home to my pups before it starts!

GTKY: We are very active in a breed specific dog rescue. I also contribute to a local school for homeless children. It's freaking amazing. They do such great things there.
  • Month/Cycle:  6/6 (+ 1 month not charting)

CD/DPO: 16/6

Timing: -4, -3, -1, +1

Testing:  Monday, May 2nd 

R/R/CS:  My temp dropped this morning, so it's possible I did not ovulate on CD 10.  I have no fertile CM anymore, so I'm not sure what is going on.  Uhhhh I hate this!  My cross hairs stayed, even when I put in 3 days of higher temps, so I guess we will see what the next few days bring.  I just wish my body would act normal for once!  H and I are going to keep having sex EOD for the remainder of the cycle just to be safe.  

GTKY: H and I support The Make a Wish Foundation for a few reasons.  When I was younger, I was part of a wish granted for a girl I babysat for, where she got to meet the Backstreet Boys (well--we met 2 of them).  Then, in College, my sorority supported MAW.  Today, H and I attend benefits in our area for MAW and we donate to help grant wishes.  While I hate seeing children sick, I absolutely LOVE the excitement when a wish is granted!   <3<3<3  
    About me:
    TTC#1: October 2015
    dx: PCOS & MFI
    IUI #1 w/Femara + Ovidrel June 2016 ~ BFP
    July 2016: Blighted Ovum
    IUI #2 w/Femara + Ovidrel September 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #3 w/Femara + Ovidrel October 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #4 w/Femara + Ovidrel November 2016 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI January 2017 ~BFN
    FET February 2017 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI March 2017 ~BFP--Twins Due 12/8/17
    Team Blue X 2!
  • Month/Cycle:  7

CD/DPO:  23/6

Timing:  good

Testing:  doctor's appt Thursday for progesterone, then not until late

R/R/CS:  See "twat waffle tuesday" thread for today's rant:(

GTKY: What social issues/charitable causes do you feel strongly about/participate in/donate to? Is there a particular reason why?   Smile Train....they provide cleft repairs to children in impoverished countries. I have a nephew who was born with a severe cleft.  It's very sad how these kids are sort of shunned from society for a surgery that could easily fix their defect if they had the money. 
    Me: 34 DH: 36
    TTC#2 September 2015
    DD #1 born July 2014
    Clomid 50 mg x2 months- no ovulation
    Clomid 100mg x 2 months- confirmed ovulation first month, BFN
  • Month/Cycle: 6/6

CD/DPO: 34

Timing: great from CD9-19 and again from CD23-24 (I had it wrong yesterday, I think)

Testing: BFN Friday, Sunday, will test when I get my 50 tests in the mail if still no AF

R/R/CS: same as yesterday....cycle confusion.

GTKY: What social issues/charitable causes do you feel strongly about/participate in/donate to? Is there a particular reason why?
    1) Monthly donations and letter writing to a child in Peru. One of my highschool friends died of Lukemia in 2nd year university, so a bunch of us each sponsored a child in her name and I've kept going with this little girl since then.
    2) Refugees - I met a family personally when I lived in the middle east who were living there but originally from another country since their country wasn't safe for religious persecution reasons, and even in their current country they're not safe, and it just breaks my heart that they're stuck and can't get out and away from the unsafe situation. We're trying to get them to safety, but governments are slow and they're not from Syria, so no one cares as much right now.
    3) Pregnancy Centres - *TW* my mom had a stillborn baby when I was little, and due to other reasons I believe that a human is a human no matter how small or underdeveloped, so I really want everyone to have all the information and help that they need in the case of an unwanted pregnancy so they can make an informed decision about abortion/adoption/raising the child - a lot of the time people seem to feel pressured into abortion when it's not really what they want. Having information, counseling, and resources to help pregnant women in less-than-ideal circumstances helps a bit at least, I think.

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• @HurricaneAmelia I LOVE Smile Train! I am a Speech Pathologist, and have supported them in the past. We have talked about at some point adopting a child with a cleft/lip palate, since feeding and speech disorders are what I do! That's so great that you support them!
  • Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO: 29/12

Timing: -3,0,+1

Testing: I have a dentist appointment tomorrow where they want to take x-rays so I think I'm probably going to cave and finally test 13dpo if AF doesn't come today :)

R/R/CS: I think I'm abouuuut to be out. Woke up in the middle of the night with some pretty gnarly cramps and was sure AF had already arrived, but it was either just watery cm or sweat... because I woke up in a cold sweat. I'm a little bit weirded out by it because my temp has only dropped a tiny amount (.15). Also, my LP is usually 12 or 13 days and I'm still convinced I actually Oed a day later (I'm reporting FF for dpo but I honestly think I'm 11dpo). It's weird. I'd say "I'm confused" but... when hasn't all of this been confusing, lol. 

GTKY: What social issues/charitable causes do you feel strongly about/participate in/donate to? Is there a particular reason why?  I feel like I'm not doing enough. There's a local shelter that rehabilitates homeless families (provides stability for kids while they're helping the parents get back on their feet and get jobs and a home) and I donate to that regularly. I've already decided that whenever we have a LO and they get old enough (like 4-5 or older), I wanted to take them there to volunteer.

Social issues? *Trigger Warning*I know it's probably a touchy subject around here but I am fairly pro-choice and I do dedicate a lot of time helping out with groups that are dedicated to women's rights in that respect. Although I don't *like* the action, I do think people should have access to clean medical facilities and adequate doctors and be treated with respect, especially when it's a woman that really wants the child but it's been diagnosed with a genetic condition that will make it non-viable out of the womb :( That's heartbreaking. */Trigger Warning*
  • Morning! I've been MIA a few days (I've been ridiculously busy -- which has been a good distraction from the TWW agony!). Good to hear from everybody again, though! :smile: 

Month/Cycle: 2/2 (one month not charting)

CD/DPO: 24/7 or 8

Timing: either -1, -3, -4 or O, -2, -3, -5, depending on what day it really was

Testing: Going to my general practitioner tomorrow for a checkup, so may have them test (even though I know it's SUPER early). After that, probably not until Friday.

R/R/CS: FINALLY got my CH on FF today! And not dotted! It's saying I O'd on CD 17, but my other app says CD 16 and I had a positive OPK on CD 15. Now the torture part is that FF, Glow, and my period tracker app I've used for about a year are all estimating 3 different days for AF. The period tracker app (which is usually pretty close) estimates she'll come on Saturday. FX I don't have to see her!

GTKY: What social issues/charitable causes do you feel strongly about/participate in/donate to? Is there a particular reason why? *TW* when I was nine my newborn brother passed away from a combination of several congenital heart defects, so I'm an avid supporter of the Children's Heart Foundation (CHF). They're a fabulous organization that contributes a lot to awareness and research on the most common birth defect. */TW*
    Met 7/2010
    Married 7/2014
    TTC #1 3/2016
    BFP 4/27/2016
    Me: 25 DH: 27
  • Mornin' y'all :)

@AliciaGoose nice to see you over here!
    Sorry about the BFN, @MelissaM090 I know what you mean about feeling like a fool for getting excited.  It's so hard not to, though, when you want something so badly!
    @beary67 and @Buthayna sorry your cycles are confusing!  Hope you both figure out what's going on soon!!

Month/Cycle: 4/3

CD/DPO: 32/7

Timing: Good, but not great

Testing: Trying to hold out for Saturday, 11dpo, but I feel like I'm weakening...

R/R/CS: I made the mistake of looking at Charts Like Mine, filtered for pregnancy, timing, and one other thing that I can't remember right now.  There were literally two charts.  Had to shut that ish down real quick...

GTKY: What social issues/charitable causes do you feel strongly about/participate in/donate to? Is there a particular reason why?  I would give every last cent of mine to help animals.  I donate to the Humane Society regularly (money and food) and there is also a local shelter that requests donations for particularly expensive cases and I find it hard not to empty my bank account for those.  DH keeps me in check so we can, you know, eat and pay bills and such.
  • Month/Cycle: 9/9

CD/DPO: 27/10

Timing: -5-3-1 0

Testing: Thursday, if absolutely necessary.

R/R/CS: Not much going on. My temp stayed high this morning, but it usually still does at this point. Looking at past charts, my temp generally drops at CD11, so we will wait and see. I don't like testing early anymore, but I will if I do not see any sign  before Thursday. I have a small lump in one of my breasts that needs to be checked, so I am going in on Thursday for my ultrasound.

GTKY: I am passionate and feel strongly about our local women's shelter, humane society and children's hospital. I donate when I can, but definitely feel like I should start volunteering my time. What a great GTKY question!

@AliciaGoose  Yay for real CHs! You have definitely put in enough time waiting, now you can take a little break haha.
     @MelissaM090  Sorry about the BFN. There is still a chance! You are a braver women than I. I just cannot bring myself to test early anymore.
     @kenya715 We are in the same boat. I am dreading seeing any spotting and it usually begins around this time. FX for you! Lucky that you have a distraction, I am having a hard time keeping the BSC down.
     @houseofsetters  Yikes! Be careful out there today.
     @beary67 I love that you support Make a Wish. They are definitely a wonderful organization and do so many great things for those children.
     @canavara  Yep! This whole process is one big confusion. I am so glad I am temping so I can kinda make a little sense of it, but everyday something confuses me!

10/2/10  <3
    Me:29 H: 31
    TTC#1: Aug 2015
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5e3072

• Sorry I've been MIA. Work has gotten busy and we've really been working hard on the house so I've been on a bumping break. I'll try to catch up over the next few days, but for a terrible general blanket statement... Hugs to all who are having a hard time and congrats to any exciting news that I missed. 

Alright, lets do this:

Month/Cycle: 6/6

CD/DPO: 22/4 (3 according to FF... and yes I am telling you I'm not buying it lol)

Timing: -5, -3, -2, -1, +2 (according to FF -6, -4, -3, -2, +1, +2)

Testing: I think I actually got my fill with opks this month.... so when I'm late

R/R/CS: wtf FF? I get why its saying I O'd on Saturday because by temps yeah, but I dont believe it. I'm sorry, but I dont buy it. According to all other signs it was friday. I think my temps were just lower for longer because we've been sleeping with the ceiling fan on and I tend to wake up with no blanket. Whatever. Only time will tell what our timing was like

Angel Babies 1&2 2/14/09
    DS born 3/11
    Angel Baby 3 6/28/11                                                         9/5/17 BFP!!
    divorced October 2014                                                       9/6/17 hCG 88 progesterone 9.1 (prometrium started)
    Married DH 10/15     DH's DS born 6/09                            9/8/17 hCG 242!!!
    Not preventing since 11/15                                                 EDD 5/8/18        Adjusted 5/15/18
    TTC since 1/1/16                                                                9/27/17 we have a heart beat!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy TrackerBabysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Month/Cycle: 17/20 I think

CD/DPO: 9dpo

Timing: -2

Testing: nope

R/R/CS: National infertility awareness week is making me all weepy. I think I have cried 4 times in the last 2 days for no reason other then knowing the pain that all these women go thru.

GTKY: What social issues/charitable causes do you feel strongly about/participate in/donate to? Is there a particular reason why? DH and I donate to a special no-kill animal shelter in our area. I wish we could give all the money because it kills me to see animals abused and neglected.

Me 35, DH 37

Unexplained infertility and TTC since December 2014

February 2016 - May 2016: 3 IUI's -- all BFN

August 2016: IVF #1 (Lupron, Gonal F and Menopur) -- 12 retrieved, 9 fertilized, 3 frozen and 1 x day 5 hatching blast transferred -- BFN. Sent remaining 3 embryos for PGS testing -- 2 didn't survive thaw, 1 was abnormal.

February 2017: IVF #2 (Gonal F, Menopur, and Ganirelix) -- 12 retrieved, 6 fertilized, 3 sent for PGS testing and all were abnormal

March 2018: IVF #3 (Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix and HGH) -- 14 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 4 sent for PGS testing, and 3 were PGS normal

May 2018: FET #1 -- BFN

August 2018: FET #2 -- BFP!!! healthy baby girl born May 2019!!

July 2020: FET #3 -- embyro did not survive thaw

September 2020 - IVF #4 (Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix and HGH) -- 1 PGS normal

October 2020 - FET #4 -- BFN

January 2021 - IVF #5 (Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix and HGH)  -- 2 PGS normal

February 2021 - FET #5 - BFP!!! Due 11/6/2021

• Month/Cycle: 9/8

CD/DPO: 26 / 5

Timing: -4, -2, -1, O

Testing: Next week.

R/R/CS: I've got nothing, besides my husband asking me everyday "So, do you feel any different?" It was cute at first, but I'm only on day 5 past ovulation. Chill.

GTKY: What social issues/charitable causes do you feel strongly about/participate in/donate to? Is there a particular reason why? The SPCA! I strongly encourage everyone to adopt. I can't go in there too often, otherwise I would adopt every pet in there.

I am also involved in JRA awareness (Juvenille Rheumatoid Arthritis).  My 11 year old sister has been really good friends with 2 kids who have had JRA since they were toddlers.  We have walks for them every year for more research.
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 22/11

Timing: -3, -1, 0, +1

Testing: I wasn't going to test this morning but bfn **see rant below**.

R/R/CS: You guys, I really don't know how to feel about my chart. I had resolved myself to thinking I was out for sure after a two day at coverline temp drop. Then, this morning it is up nearly a whole degree??? what the actual f. Thanks for the hyperdrive into BSC town. tested, bfn. I'm so done.

GTKY: What social issues/charitable causes do you feel strongly about/participate in/donate to? Is there a particular reason why? I try to support March of dimes when I can (I was a 30.5 week preemie), and I always give to the local firefighters, EMS and police. 

I really hate what most naational charities have turned into though. the CEO rakes in millions and the actual people in need see less than 20% of donations, no thank you. My bff started a nonprofit kind of like Make a wish, except that she also provides for the families of the kids as well. So many families with terminal children struggle with a place to live near the hospital, keeping their other children in school, putting food on the table after paying the medical bills, etc. Her foundation does that in addition to making their dreams come true. It's beautiful. She's a saint.

@AliciaGoose Yay for CH!!! welcome to tww!

@MelissaM090 I'm sorry, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

@houseofsetters please stay safe, tornados are so scary. GL.

@beary67 CD10 does look like the best option bc of the shift, hopefully your temp stays up!

@canavara good luck tomorrow!

@pikeswithtykes can you link your chart? Maybe we can help you get a better grasp on when you o'd??

1st BFP 12/12/13 DS born 8/2014
    TFAS March 2016 - BFP 5/19/16!!! EDD: 1/31/17
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Month/Cycle: 5

CD/DPO: 25/2... I had an O fakeout

Timing: -4, -1

Testing: Not for a while

R/R/CS: Couldn't fall asleep until midnight and couldn't sleep past 5.  Grumble.  

GTKY: What social issues/charitable causes do you feel strongly about/participate in/donate to? Is there a particular reason why? The humane society and the Zoo. I love animals and it makes me so sad so many of them are without forever homes, and our zoo does great things for conservation. 
    DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
    then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
    because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 29/11

Timing: 0

Testing: not going to

R/R/CS: Pretty sure I'm out. I felt a migraine coming on last night and this morning it is here full force. That is my one for sure sign that on AF is on its way. I wasn't very hopeful for this cycle anyway considering we only had sex ONCE during FW, so I'm not too bummed... Yet. I'll let you know if that changes on CD1. Cuz technically there is still a sliver hope left. 

GTKY: What social issues/charitable causes do you feel strongly about/participate in/donate to? Is there a particular reason why? I'm the Treasurer for PCO (like PTA) for my kids' school. We are such a small populated county that is spread out. State funding is barely enough to fund all four elementary schools in the county/district so PCO pays for A LOT of things. I didn't realize it until after I joined. We pay for all of the kids' assemblies, field trips, new library books, etc and we coordinate a lot of after school activities that are free to attend. We also give the teachers and other staff an extra allowance with most of them still spending their own money for supplies. 

Married 07.21.07
    DS#1 01.23.09
    DS#2 08.01.11
    TTC#3  08.31.15
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 05.16.17
    Hysteroscopy 10.04.17 10.05.17
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 01.10.19
    Left tube removed
    dx: Endometriosis, Adenomyosis
    BC: February-October 2019
    TTA: November-December 2019
    NTNP: January 2020!

• Hi everyone! I'm really enjoying your responses to this GTKY--what a caring and generous bunch of ladies you all are. It's really been inspirational!!

@aliciagoose Welcome to the TWW!!! Glad to see ya here ;-) And definitely don't feel ashamed--I actually asked this question partially because I've been wanted to get more involved in something and hope to get some good ideas! 
    @melissam090 Sorry about the BFN :-( I always feel stupid, too, when I get excited for nothing. 
    @kenya715 So sorry about your experiences with Alzheimer's...such a devastating disease. I've been read a bit about it recently and it looks like they're making a lot of advances in treatment for it!
    @houseofsetters Stay safe today! Tornados are terrifying.
    @beary67 Very cool that you have had the opportunity to be so involved with the Make a Wish Foundation. 
    @hurricaneamelia I have never heard of Smile Train, but I love that!! 
    @buthayna I'm so sorry you lost a friend so young, but that is such a neat way to honor her. I'm sure you have made a huge difference in that little girl's life!
    @pikeswithtykes how long is your LP?? That will be a much better predictor of when to expect AF than the app's prediction. 
    @pepperat FX that the lump turns out to be nothing. And FX that your temp stays up! 
    @teamginger13 I had no idea that it even was infertility awareness week (which just goes to show why there needs to be an awareness week, ha). Sorry you are having a hard time.
    @mommyforthefirsttime That is awesome that you adopted an elephant! Do you get pictures??? Is there a name??
    @megs7911 Sorry about the BFN and the temps that trick you into testing. 

Month/Cycle: 8/8

CD/DPO: 24/8

Timing: -3, -1, 0

Testing: Maybe Saturday, but will probably just wait for AF

R/R/CS: This is the first cycle that I'm actually starting to feel super anxious/scared about the next few days. I'm just dreading that moment when I know AF is coming for sure. I've started to get some mild cramping which in the past would make me think "implantation," but now I know better. 

GTKY: What social issues/charitable causes do you feel strongly about/participate in/donate to? Is there a particular reason why? One of the reasons why I asked this question is because I feel like I haven't been doing enough and I'd like to get more involved with something--you guys have given me a lot of great ideas! H and I are involved with the Special Olympics and some disability awareness organizations (specifically for Down syndrome). I work in special education and also have a close relative with Down syndrome who has accomplished SO MUCH! I feel quite passionate about people including people with disabilities and becoming more aware about how they can be included in our society. 

• @Megs7911 & @felix08

This is my first month charting so I really have no idea how long my LP is. My full cycles average about 26 days, which would make CD1 on the 29th, but they've been as long as 35. But here's my chart for anyone who wants to stalk! :) TIA!

My Ovulation Chart
    Met 7/2010
    Married 7/2014
    TTC #1 3/2016
    BFP 4/27/2016
  • @Megs7911 & @felix08

This is my first month charting so I really have no idea how long my LP is. My full cycles average about 26 days, which would make CD1 on the 29th, but they've been as long as 35. But here's my chart for anyone who wants to stalk! :) TIA!

My Ovulation Chart

@pikeswithtykes man, I can see why you are confused now. I think CD17 is probably the best option, but CD20 may be a real possibility since that shift is higher than your CD9-15 temps. Did you stop taking opks after the first positive CD15? If so, try to keep testing with them next time. I have pretty short cycles, but I try to keep the opks going for a least 4-5 days after my last positive, and sometimes it stays positive for over a day. It helps for accuracy since o can occur 12-48 hours after the lh surge. Also, how come you have so many open circles? that may have something to do with the wacky temps if you're not testing at roughly the same time every day.

1st BFP 12/12/13 DS born 8/2014
    TFAS March 2016 - BFP 5/19/16!!! EDD: 1/31/17
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @Megs7911I did stop taking them after I got a positive because that's what the instructions said, but now I'm wishing I'd continued! I didn't start temping at a regular time until a few days ago, so that's why so many are open! Still totally a newbie with all of this, and learning as I go! 
    Met 7/2010
    Married 7/2014
    TTC #1 3/2016
    BFP 4/27/2016
  • Month/Cycle:
    3/3
    CD/DPO:
    18/2
    Timing:
    -2,-1,0
    Testing:
    Going to tell myself that I'm not going to test until 12DPO, but I'll probably do a cheapie on 8 & 10DPO because that's what cheapies are for.  FRER on 14DPO
    R/R/CS:
    I've got a sore throat today.  That means I'm totes knocked up, right?  Has nothing to do with my allergies after staying outside all weekend.

LGBT rights and advocacy, focusing primarily on the BT subsection.  I'm queer myself, so it's a bit selfish.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Me: 28 & Partner: 32 | Married 2014
    BFP 7/29 EDD 4/11
  • 20T20T member
    Cycle: 6

CD/DPO: 16/5

Timing: -3, -1, O, +1, +2 (even though that probably doesn't count!)

Testing: 10 DPO (yay for being 1/2 way there)

R/R/CS: Yesterday was an insane day, maybe a hold over from Friday's full moon? Whatever it was, I'm just keeping everything crossed it doesn't bleed over into the rest of the week!

We give to JDRF and to our local animal shelter. 

• GTKY: What social issues/charitable causes do you feel strongly about/participate in/donate to? Is there a particular reason why? 
    We adopted an elephant from the Tennessee Elephant Sanctuary & have a recurring monthly donation. Once our TTC battle is over we want to become VIP donaters. I love love love this organization and they do some much good for elephants.  
    Keeping on that note, "a social issue" I feel strongly about is animal entertainment. I am 100% against zoos/circus/Seaworld/etc. Animals don't exist for our entertainment and it is so wrong to think they do. I could go on and on, but I won't. 

@MommyForTheFirstTime Not attempting to start an argument, I swear. I did just want to point out (as a fellow person concerned about animal QOL) that not all zoos and aquariums are bad! Zoos that focus on animal welfare and conservation can apply to be accredited by the AZA if their husbandry is up to snuff.  Only ~200 zoos and aquariums are currently accredited; it's not easy.

Here's the list from the AZA website:  https://www.aza.org/current-accreditation-list/

Full disclosure:  I used to volunteer at an AZA accredited zoo.  Even though we were smaller, the conservation and education programs were amazing and everybody really had a passion for treating the animals with respect and care.  They've even helped grow a population of a particular critically endangered species with the eventual hopes of reintroduction to their native habitat.  (Note: even breeding standards are highly regulated by the AZA)
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP 7/29 EDD 4/11
  • KarliQ88KarliQ88 member
    edited April 2016
    Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 22/11

Timing: great actually. 

Testing:AF due in 2-3 days. Temp is still up. Just going going wait. If nothing by friday I'll test. My boobs are tender/swollen/almost hard. My cat jumped on my chest and i yelled out a big yelp! I normally get sore breasts about a week before my period so I'm skeptical. But I've had this new lower backpain and mild lightheadedness. I sound like a crazy person attributing every twinge i feel to pregnancy when chances are its AF.

R/R/CS: i went to a baptism this past weekend. My SIL has the most perfect beautiful well behaved children it didn't help me at all. Maybe i am biased because they are my nieces. But either way it ramped up baby fever.

Humane society or anything animal related. I'm a huge animal lover and these rescues do so many great things. I used to foster dogs but it got my own dogs too worked up and their behaviors were changing that i needed to do what was best for my dogs and not foster anymore. I help and donate in other ways
  • Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD/DPO: 21/8

Timing: Great

Testing: Still waiting until 10-11DPO

R/R/CS: I've been having this subareolar breast pain on one side since ovulation. This is new to me, but I'm assuming it's something hormonal because I get pain with a different cyst on that side sometimes. I should probably get a U/S in the near future.  Other than that, no symptoms. My temp is still hanging up there (it normally does at this point).  

GTKY: What social issues/charitable causes do you feel strongly about/participate in/donate to? Is there a particular reason why?  I will sometimes donate to cancer research. My grandma died of cancer when I was 12 and she was only 54. 
  • @felix08 - Yes! Her name is Rosie. They give a full history of her life an everything. We are hoping to do the VIP, because when you're a VIP you get to tour the facility (it's a pretty rare occurrence they open the gates, it is very much a sanctuary, not a place for people)

@TheJerilu - I should have clarified a bit. What I do not support is removing animals from their natural habitat to stick them in a zoo. I do support sanctuaries, even if they call themselves a zoo. The problem is, even AZA zoos remove animals from their natural habitat to bring them to a zoo. There is a difference in assisting the population in growing out of the "endangered" category, and removing them for our pleasure. If they are removed just to bring the population up and then some are released back into the wild in order to populate their natural environment again, I'm all for it. but a lot of the time, this just doesn't happen. while AZA standards are concerned with the welfare of the population, they merely transfer the animal from zoo to zoo, rarely, if ever, back into the wild. 
    I know several people who have worked/volunteered at the zoo. Not a single one of them didn't genuinely care about the animals. Not a single one wasn't 100% concerned with them. It's not an "individual" problem. It's a "society" problem. It's just wrong for this to be a big money industry. Animals don't belong separated, in a fence, away from other species, in a climate different than their own. 
    I am glad that at the very least, the requirements and expectations of animal welfare and being bettered. 
    TTC #1 since September 2014
    Diagnoses: RPL, Endometriosis, MFI (count, morph, DNI, DNAS, multiple bilateral subclinical varicoceles), low progesterone
    Check out my Infertility blog 
    Check out my Infertility Instagram

Loss History (TW):
    BFP: 3 May 2015, loss confirmed 4 June 2015
    BFP: 15 August 2015, loss confirmed 23 August 2015
    BFP: 16 November 2015, loss confirmed 22 November 2015
    BFP: 18 July 2016, loss confirmed same day
    BFP: 04 March 2018, loss confirmed 23 March 2018
    BFP: 12 June 2018, TWINS; D&C 06 July 2018
    TTC History (TW):
    3 losses in 2015
    Met with OBGYN in January 2016
    Me: all clear, H: OAT
    November 2016: HSG = All Clear!
    January 2017: H tested again,  High DNA fragmentation and stainability
    February 2017: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    March 2017: Clomid + HCG + IUI + Progesterone = SA/wash: zero count on attempt #1, <1,000 on attempt #2= BFN
    Varicocele Embolization- 5 May 17
    December 2017 SA: Zero improvement after embolization
    January IVF- 25 retrieved, 11 mature, 8 fertilized, 3 frozen day fives (3AA, 3AA, 3AA), 1 frozen day 6 (5BB), 1 frozen day 7 (3CC)
    Three PGS normal (3AA, 3AA, 5BB), one inconclusive (3AA)
    FET #1: 27 February 2018, 3AA & 5BB, one stuck! BFP 04 March 2018.... Loss confirmed 23 March 2018
    May 2018: SHG/SIS = all clear "beautiful uterus"
    FET #2: 04 June 2018, 3AA PGS normal embryo, 3AA PGS hatching inconclusive embryo. 
    BFP: 12 June 2018, EDD 20 February 2019
    Ultrasound, 25 June 2018: There are two
    Lost Baby A 02 July 2018
    Baby B not growing, D&C 06 July 2018
    Laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, chromotubation: 23 July 2018: blocked right tube, heavily inflamed, covered in endo. Removed right tube. Removed more endo from uterus, tubes, ovaries. Endo remains on bladder and bowel. 
    Next Up:
    TTC Naturally, possibly IUIs for remainder of 2018. 
    ER#2 ~Jan 2019

• Month/Cycle: 5/6

CD/DPO: 27/11

Timing: Poor

Testing: Today so I can have a margarita with my dinner! ;) BFN. On the one hand, I want to say I now won't rest until AF, but honestly AF is due tomorrow and I doubt I'll wait to see if I get it.

R/R/CS: I'm bummed about the BFN, but not as bummed as I can be. We only hit O day this cycle, so I was kind of prepared. Next cycle will be better!

We went and looked at a house today! Yay!

GTKY: Medical missionaries. I'm a nurse and I very much want to/am planning on going to Haiti. If TTC continues to be difficult, I'm gonna go ahead and plan a trip and put myself in the TTA category for a bit. If I do get knocked up, I want to start going when kids are old enough to leave for a week. In the mean time, I donate money!

@MelissaM090 - Hugs girl. Sorry for the BFN!

I'll come back and hit up some more of you lovely ladies shortly :)
  • @Houseofsetters Do you live in the midwest? We're also supposed to get some storms tonight I think.
    @felix08 I'm also 8 DPO, trying not to get BSC or feel anxious, it is hard for sure! FX for us!
    @khbear some nurses at my work are on a medical mission trip in Haiti right now! It sounds like an awesome thing to do at least once in our careers. 
    @Megs7911 and @MelissaM090Sorry for the BFN! :( 
  • @khbear - I know what you mean! My DH doesn't share quite the passion I have (though he still does to an extend). we were dreamin' bout babies and he mentioned taking our future children to the zoo and I was like woooooaaaaah, no. I know when the time comes it will be hard to follow through because "zoo" and "childhood" are almost synonymous. But as a responsible adult, I just can't. 
    Diagnoses: RPL, Endometriosis, MFI (count, morph, DNI, DNAS, multiple bilateral subclinical varicoceles), low progesterone

Loss History (TW):
    TTC History (TW):
    3 losses in 2015
    March 2017: Clomid + HCG + IUI + Progesterone = SA/wash: zero count on attempt #1, <1,000 on attempt #2= BFN
    January IVF- 25 retrieved, 11 mature, 8 fertilized, 3 frozen day fives (3AA, 3AA, 3AA), 1 frozen day 6 (5BB), 1 frozen day 7 (3CC)
    FET #1: 27 February 2018, 3AA & 5BB, one stuck! BFP 04 March 2018.... Loss confirmed 23 March 2018
    FET #2: 04 June 2018, 3AA PGS normal embryo, 3AA PGS hatching inconclusive embryo. 
    Lost Baby A 02 July 2018
    Laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, chromotubation: 23 July 2018: blocked right tube, heavily inflamed, covered in endo. Removed right tube. Removed more endo from uterus, tubes, ovaries. Endo remains on bladder and bowel. 
    Next Up:
    ER#2 ~Jan 2019

•  @TheJerilu - I should have clarified a bit. What I do not support is removing animals from their natural habitat to stick them in a zoo. I do support sanctuaries, even if they call themselves a zoo. The problem is, even AZA zoos remove animals from their natural habitat to bring them to a zoo. There is a difference in assisting the population in growing out of the "endangered" category, and removing them for our pleasure. If they are removed just to bring the population up and then some are released back into the wild in order to populate their natural environment again, I'm all for it. but a lot of the time, this just doesn't happen. while AZA standards are concerned with the welfare of the population, they merely transfer the animal from zoo to zoo, rarely, if ever, back into the wild. 
    I know several people who have worked/volunteered at the zoo. Not a single one of them didn't genuinely care about the animals. Not a single one wasn't 100% concerned with them. It's not an "individual" problem. It's a "society" problem. It's just wrong for this to be a big money industry. Animals don't belong separated, in a fence, away from other species, in a climate different than their own. 
    I am glad that at the very least, the requirements and expectations of animal welfare and being bettered. 
    Totally fine to have that opinion and be steadfast!  I've just run into a lot people that are fully anti-zoo because they're unaware that there is regulation available, assuming that zoos just kind of build enclosures on a whim without concern for the animals.  That's why I try and share info about AZA accreditation when I hear anti-zoo sentiments. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP 7/29 EDD 4/11
  • @houseofsetters Do you live in the midwest? We're also supposed to get some storms tonight I think.
    *snip*
    I am from the midwest! Missouri. My Hubs said it was supposed to start this morning and I walked out to a sky clear as can be. But it is SUPER humid so I know it's coming!! 

Loss History (TW):
    TTC History (TW):
    3 losses in 2015
    Lost Baby A 02 July 2018
    Next Up:
    ER#2 ~Jan 2019

• @houseofsetters Do you live in the midwest? We're also supposed to get some storms tonight I think.
    *snip*
    I am from the midwest! Missouri. My Hubs said it was supposed to start this morning and I walked out to a sky clear as can be. But it is SUPER humid so I know it's coming!! 
    I am in the Midwest! Schools have let out early, and my husband (who allllways works until 6:30pm) is headed home early. Ugh. Never a good sign. You guys be safe!
  • pshaortaopshaortao member
    edited April 2016
    I took some time off from since I've been having these long cycles and it was too much for me to hang around in the WTO. I'm happy to finally come back and participate here now that I'm finally understanding my body better.

Month/Cycle: 7/3

CD/DPO: 52/2

Timing: -4, -1, 0, +1

Testing: Waiting til at least 10DPO

R/R/CS: I'm excited that I'm finally understanding all the signs for O. I didn't realize how much different it could be the 2nd time around with symptoms around O time. The downside is it had to happen while my mom was visiting. We had this weird arrangement where she would go to bed with me while DH would stay up in the living room, then he would wake her and she would go to the living room where her airbed was set up. She knows we're TTC and DH joked that I was in heat (I mean, really?) so DH would have to "go to bed" with me instead.  :#

GTKY: What social issues/charitable causes do you feel strongly about/participate in/donate to? Is there a particular reason why? I hate to say this but I'm not one for this kind of stuff. I'm not against anything, but I'm unfortunately just not passionate about anything nor do I donate. My parents were the same way so it must have rubbed off on me. I will however contribute for a close friend occasionally.

ETA: Everybody with all the tornado warnings going on in there area, stay safe!!! <3

• @houseofsetters - definitely not a good sign... you must be to the west of me. I heard it was about to get bad over there. It hasn't even started raining here yet... though what do I know? My office doesn't have a window, so maybe it has
    Be careful !!  :(

Loss History (TW):
    TTC History (TW):
    3 losses in 2015
    Lost Baby A 02 July 2018
    Next Up:
    ER#2 ~Jan 2019

• @khbear Sorry we both got BFN's today. I had high hopes for us. That margarita sounds like a good idea. 
    Me: 32
    DH: 33
    Married: October 2015
    TTC #1: October 2015
    EDD #1: June/July 2017