January 2016 Moms

Baby Nicknames

Now that we're all settled in, I'd like to hear the nicknames that have developed for your babies. Not your pet names--no "Sweetie" or "Honey."
I want to know what you're using to introduce your baby.
We had Elizabeth Jean, and I intended to call her Bess. A family friend started calling her "Birdie," and another family member is calling her "E.J."
We don't stop either. I use Bess, Birdie, and Elizabeth. (Along with all the sugary pet names you'd expect!)

Re: Baby Nicknames

• We named our son Zackery Scott...most of the time I call him 'Z' or boy (as in "can you grab the boy"). I rarely use Zack though..if I call him by name it's always Zackery but never correct people who do
  • kaym6kaym6 member
    My sons name is Samuel James. I always call him Samuel when introducing or referring to him because that's what I want others to call him however I call him Samuel, SJ, and Snake sometimes Snaker. he would always stick his tongue out like a little snake and now I can't stop calling him it hahaha Some family members seem to think my baby is a stripper and won't stop calling him Sammie J. I can't stand it. 

P.s if you go by Sammie J I'm sorry and I do not think you're a stripper. 
  • Loading the player...
  • LO is Aurora Jane. My dad calls her dumpling. Mom called her beanie. And I call her either by her name, sometimes beanie and often I call her spawn. Haha. 
  • I had Brynlee Harper. A lot of the time we call her Brynn, or most often, Beanie. She got the NN Beanie because of her insane gas (you know, like an old man after eating Mexican food). Poor kid will hate me some day for that ;)
  • kaym6 said:
    My sons name is Samuel James. I always call him Samuel when introducing or referring to him because that's what I want others to call him however I call him Samuel, SJ, and Snake sometimes Snaker. he would always stick his tongue out like a little snake and now I can't stop calling him it hahaha Some family members seem to think my baby is a stripper and won't stop calling him Sammie J. I can't stand it. 

P.s if you go by Sammie J I'm sorry and I do not think you're a stripper. 
    Too funny! I didn't go "stripper" route when I heard Sammie J. More like a 90s R&B singer. My husband's top name for a girl when we were discussing it was "Harmony." I vetoed that SO. FAST. (We each got one unarguable veto.) I asked him what kind of profession he would like her to have, and whether we should end it with an "i."

Disclaimer: If you go by Harmony, I'm sorry, I don't think you should be pigeon-holed into any particular profession, and if your name ends in an "i," I do not judge you.
  • My son is Benedict, but he is the 4th in the family. My husband's grandfather was called Ben. He passed away before my husband was born so he is called Ben also. His Dad is called BJ for Ben Jr. So we call my son Bennet. But I honestly almodt never call him that. We almost always call him Little Man. He's never looked like a newborn, he's always looked like a little man. Even strangers comment about how much he looks like a little man instead of a baby!
  • Our son is named after both his grandpas. Ramsey Leonard. We havnt been able to come up with a decent nickname. I mean he doesn't have to have one. We call our daughter peanut since she has always been so little. So I thought it would be nice if he had one too. I just call him chunk. Lol 
  • Our son is Abraham but DH and I call him Avi however, we introduce him as Abraham.
  • Our daughter is Gina. I always said that I would stick to just calling her Gina because I love that name so much! But I didn't stick to it, I call her Genie and GiGi, my husband calls her babe! 
  • Our son is Wyatt and he hasn't really gotten a nickname yet - plenty of pet names though... My husband calls him W sometimes. We'll have to wait and see what else people come up with.
    Our daughter Isabella has a bunch - Izzy, Izzie-B, Bella, but she introduces herself as Isabella. 
  • DD is Josephine Lee, DH and I mostly call her Josephine but her brothers and other family call her Jo, JoJo and JoLee. 
    Married 2006
    DS1 2010
    DS2 2013
    DD1 2016
  • Baby girl is named Wren. She is introduced as Wren. She doesn't have any official nicknames, but she has a thousand pet names. My mom calls her "Little Bird" (which is fitting both because of her name, and the fact that she's tiny). She is called "Wren-zo" by all of her cousins, "Little Turkey" by my sister, "Wren-cita" by my brother, and Wren-sicle by DH's sister, to name a few. DH and I never call her Wren. She is usually called "Sweet Girl" or "Sweet One" by the two of us, which sounds weird now that I'm typing it!
  • KFrobKFrob member
    LO is Harper. We call her Harps, Harpy, but usually either baby bear or bear. The bear started in utero when my husband started to call me mama bear and then babes was deemed baby bear. 
  • DS is named Zachary and I usually introduce him as Zachary or Zack, but DH and I usually call him Doodle.  Don't ask me why.
  • My daughter Ella has many nicknames! Elle, Ella Bean, Cheese (because of mozzarElla), Chunk, Mama, and Ella Bella. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @stephanienjer My great grandmother's given name is Birdie :)

Our daughter is Harper Lynn and we call her Harp or Harps. DH calls her Harpster, which he has done since before she was born. We mainly refer to her as bebe or baby girl though :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ambercakes92 my daughter is Ella too and we have similar NN. I like the cheese one lol. She has quite the personality so my pet name for her is gooser as in silly goose. 
  • My son's name is Bodie. We introduce him as Bodie and call him that mostly. One of the grandmas call him Bo. Sometimes we call him Bodie Bo, little man, chunk and tooter tot because he farts like a grown man. 
  • My son's name is Nolan James. We introduce him as Nolan. But DH has been calling him No-dan. Papa calls him NJ. We also call him Ollie, Nolly, Noel, and Nolo. I haven't decided which NN I like best!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - FiGB
    Married DH 11/15/08
    Formerly MissMheMhe
  • LO's name is Bennett. We call him Bennett or bud (out of habit... called my little brother bud when he was little, too)
  • Our dd is Zoey, but we frequently call her ZoZo. Don't know why just as many syllables, but it's cute. Along with tons of pet names.
    Married March 19, 2011
    TTC off and on 04/14
    BFP 06/13/14 MC 06/15/14
    BFP 12/14/14
    1st Appt 01/13/2015
    M/C 1/19/15 D&C 1/20/15
    BFP 5/13/15
    1st Appt 06/10/2015 Peanut has HB 150
    A/S 09/02/15 It's a Girl!! Low placenta, but everything else great!

IAmPregnant Ticker

• Now that we're all settled in, I'd like to hear the nicknames that have developed for your babies. Not your pet names--no "Sweetie" or "Honey."
    I want to know what you're using to introduce your baby.
    We had Elizabeth Jean, and I intended to call her Bess. A family friend started calling her "Birdie," and another family member is calling her "E.J."
    We don't stop either. I use Bess, Birdie, and Elizabeth. (Along with all the sugary pet names you'd expect!)
    Birdie is adorable.
  • My sons name is Thorn. People don't seam to like it. His middle name is Forrest. Neither one lends itself to a nick name. My dd calls him Thornington, like baby huffington on max and ruby. Sometimes I call him Thorny.
  • Our sons name is Jett, however we hardly call him Jett.  So, we used my wife's embryos, and I carried them.  We are both half Hispanic, with brown eyes, brown hair but both have light skin.  We assumed our son would be the same since dark features tend to be dominant traits, however he came out with strawberry blonde hair and bright blue eyes, and super white skin (like the donor)....therefore, he inherited his nickname "pappito guerito" (white potato) lol.  We call him pappito mostly, sometimes just guerito...but now almost all of our family and friends call him pappito.  He will actually respond to it as well...I'm starting to get worried he thinks that's his name...so we are trying to start calling him Jett more often...but pappito has stuck!! I'm sure we will call him that for the rest of his life...it's just so cute and suiting for him
  • I found out the ladies at day care call Graham "Big Sexy" bc he's huge and he's always smiling and flirting with his teachers! Haha! 

We we call him Shrimpy or Shrimp (called him that since I saw him on the first ultrasound at 6 weeks in utero). Funny bc he's so big so it's ironic. We also call him, Gram gram, G, Grambo, Minkey (like monkey but pronounced like inky - not sure the origin of that one). My husband calls him "the boy" jokingly. 
  • linds852010linds852010 member
    edited April 2016
    Our sweet boy is Sullivan Barrett, but we call him Sully. My little pet name for him is Sully Bear. 
    Me: 31 DH: 40
    Married 2012
    TTC #2 since July 2016
    PCOS diagnosed 2008
  • We have Keaton Byron. My husband hates it but the only nick name we call him that is because of his name is Boebeeton, like the banana fana foe fana song, Keaton Keaton Boebeeton, haha :) is dorky but its stuck with my dad. Jacrispy is his nick name when he's mean mugging us. Cheeseman is his name when he's smilie and happy. george bailey is his name when he's got crazy big eyes :) the poor kid isn't going to know what his name is.
  • I call my son jaccoby obi or obs and my papaw calls him George lol my little man jaxxon thorn is thorn bush or pooka  lol
  • We have Allyson Elizabeth. I introduce her as Allyson, but use the shortcut Ally often as her primary NN with family. We've called her Allydactyl many times in jest because she can make some very interesting sounds that could come from a pterodactyl in my opinion! 
  • We have Masie Anne.  We introduce her as Masie to everyone but almost everyone calls her Mase and so do we.  We also have a million pet names for her, princess, sweet girl, etc.  My nephew calls her "cutie pumpkin" and my niece calls her "Mae Mae."
  • @tgrdance05 I LOVE the name Jett. I pushed really hard to have that be on our list but my husband said no. But naming him after his grandpas is important too!
  • My daughter is Laramie Marie and we introduce her as Laramie, but I call her Lar for short.  My husband calls her peanut and my son (2 yr old) calls her Laramie Marie or pretty girl.  Which of course melts my heart!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @tfrangul Jett was actually my great grandfathers nick name!  His original name was James Everett and they called him Jett...I've always been in love with the name Jett...luckily my wife fell in love with it too! 
  • Cricket99Cricket99 member
    edited April 2016
    We don't have any nicknames based on DS's actual name as Cedar doesn't really shorten. DH calls him Bubba as he's a big chunk, and I call him Wee Man (because he looks like a little man, not a baby), or Stinky Toes (because good lord this child's feet stink! As in the dog LOVES licking his toes because they smell so bad). 

ETA: words are hard and autocorrect sucks.