Pregnant after IF
Options

*1st Tri Check-in Week April 18th*

tvh1982tvh1982 member
edited April 2016 in Pregnant after IF
This is a weekly check-in for those in their 1st trimester: weeks 1 through the end of week 13. I know we've all gone through a lot to get to this point so congratulations and best of luck to all of you over the next several months!

Please post a little about yourself, your EDD (if it’s not listed below), any upcoming appointments, symptoms, etc. Feel free to also share your IF journey, I know many of us can relate. 

QOTW: This is a selfish one..as I am clueless what to do...
Know the gender of your baby or not. Reason to know or not to know?

Congrats to all of the Mommies & Daddies to be:
@knottie27056623 EDD 10/26/16
@minnie1155 EDD 10/26/16
@jaqcap17 EDD 10/27/16
@twomommiestobe EDD 10/28/16
@JustLilOMe  EDD 11/7/16
@tvh1982 EDD 11/9/16
@STBMrsMiller EDD 11/10/16
@PhloriDaMom EDD 11/11/16
@ZoeFer EDD 11/15/16
@alqizwik EDD 11/18/16
@rachd110 EDD 11/19/16
@mskeenan EDD 11/20/16
@PrayingMom2Be EDD 12/3/16
@capps42613 EDD 12/5/16
@kuposa17 EDD 12/7/16
@erica0901 EDD 12/10/16

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: *1st Tri Check-in Week April 18th*

• Options
    We had our 6-week ultrasound this morning and are relieved and grateful to have seen a heartbeat!! Our official due date is 7 Dec!
    me: 39  DH: 42
    TTC: since April 2014
    IUI #1-3 Jan-April 2015 (all BFNs)
    IVF #1 May/June 2015 - cancelled due to poor response
    IVF #2 July/Aug 2015 - BFN
    DE IVF #1 March 2016 - BFP
  • Options
    Oh! I forgot! I want to know the gender so we can plan for the name and decorate nursery.
    me: 39  DH: 42
    TTC: since April 2014
    IUI #1-3 Jan-April 2015 (all BFNs)
    IVF #1 May/June 2015 - cancelled due to poor response
    IVF #2 July/Aug 2015 - BFN
    DE IVF #1 March 2016 - BFP
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's so wonderful when you see the heartbeat @kuposa17! Yay for seeing it.
    I have changed your EDD too.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

• Options
    No check-ups this week. Which is strange after being monitored closely.
    Foodwise I'm doing better, it's still an effort and I've lost 8 kilos! Which is kinda frightening as I'm a skinny tall.
    Stopped my progesterone and estrogen, which is so nice as the first was such a mess, but still a little frightening too.

Just got a big box of presents in the post from my sister and mum...so cute with lots and lots of clothes, and other baby stuff and my 7 year old niece wrote me a cute little letter. It got me to tears (mind you, I cry about anything at the moment)

Still clueless about the wanting to know gender or not. Seeing the cute unisex clothes I got all confused again. :smile: 

• Options
    Our nursery is currently a "cat room" for our cats lol. Going to start clearing it out of old, unwanted furniture. DH and I talked about starting to stock up on diapers here and there so it won't be an overwhelming expense down the road. 
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Options
    Hi ladies !! I'm 9 weeks and on Wednesday I have my graduation visit with my RE. Then I will be switching over to OB in a few weeks . I'm feeling ok - just really exhausted and nauseous on and off . 

As for the question this week - I am having my blood drawn for the Panorama screening to test for chromosomal anomalies . I wasn't going to do it because even if I got results I wouldn't do anything differently but insurance covers 100% of it so figured would be nice to know . Also we will find out the sex of the baby through that test so I should know in a week or two . I am beyond excited . I don't even care what the sex is - either way I'm going to be equally as ecstatic but I have a *feeling * as silly as that is that it's a boy . 

@tvh1982 I'm glad your nausea is a little better but I'm sorry it's been such a struggle ! I have no clue if I have gained or lost . I'm eating less but what I'm eating is total junk bc protein and veggies just gross me out right now ! Carbs carbs carbs for me . 

@capps42613 Omg I love it ! My friends had a cat room and I was so jealous . I'm a crazy cat lady even with just one cat and I've joked about a cat themed nursery . 

@kuposa17 congrats !! I remember you from the if board and just saw you are on here now !! So happy for you !! 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • Options
    I am happy to hear the good progresses from everyone. I am 10 weeks now and I do not have anything going on this week. After turning 10 weeks and seeing a healthy little baby last week, I finally started to feel more confident about this pregnancy. It feels real. Also, I am gaining weight continuously (3 pounds so far) and I have a bump already ( it might be just my belly bec of extra weight). I do not eat any junk food or desserts so I do not know I gain weight or if this is normal. I think it is way too early for weight gain or the bump, I do not know why this is happening.  

By chance, I found out that my insurance covers for Harmony test without any restrictions, I am very surprised. I think I will have the test next week while I am having the NT scan. So we will figure out the gender as well. Even if we do not have the test, I would love to learn the gender. I am super curios about how the baby will be like, gender will be the only thing I could learn about at this point.
  • Options
    I understand the bump @zoefer. Even though I lost weight I have one too. People actually notice it. 
    I thought it was due to all the hormones we've been taking, as they have made my body think it's been pregnant since January. Not sure.
    Its kinda funny as one friend keeps touching it and I just think: thank you for saying hi to my intestines! 

• Options
    @tvh1982 I cover it with loose shirts so no one notices mine except DH and my mom (I hope) :)) I definitely gained weight last year due to hormonal supplements and my PCP thinks that my body and joints held water because of the medications. But I was hoping that it would all go away with pregnancy. Anyway, I have had a bloating bump for first weeks but now I have a constant and more firm bump last two-three days. I dont know if it is real. I think I get obsessed with this because i see it is a sign of having an `unhealthy` or `unfit` body. As long as I eat healthy, I shouldn`t worry about few pounds I guess.
  • Options
    I accidentally posted this on last week's check in so I'll just copy and paste:

We announced to my immediate family at our New Years dinner on Sunday and everyone was in tears! Got a few videos since DH and I had to do the annoucement at different times with the late arrivals. It was definitely a memorable evening for all of us! 

Pretty quiet by me, next u/s is scheduled for the 25th which should put me at 7w5d. Only noticeable symptoms are some serious bloating, how often I get hungry now and gas! Lol

QOTW: we definitely want to know gender but I plan on talking to DH about putting results into an envelope and having a reveal party with family so we can all be surprised! 
  • Options
    Minnie1155Minnie1155 member
    edited April 2016
    @tvh1982  glad you are starting to feel better!
    @mskeenan I am with you with the carbs! Proteins and veggies have been making me gag. I thought it was starting to get better and then yesterday was a rough day. 
    so many foods make me nauseous but if I don't eat frequently enough I feel even more nauseous. This has resulted in me gaining 8 lbs already. 

At first I didn't want to find out what we were having but now I do! We have names picked out and I want to use them rather than referring to baby as 'it'. I'm still planning a gender neutral nursery and want to get mostly gender neutral stuff though 
  • Options
    Just left my final RE appt. He surprisingly graduated me today at 7wks + 2 days! Seems a little soon to me, but he is confident that I should do just fine til my 1st OB appt in 2 weeks. Baby is measuring right on track & with a normal HB. 
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Options
    @capps42613 congrats! That's about when I graduated from my RE too, it felt scary but I just trusted that they knew what they were doing.  
  • Options
    Congrats @capps42613 so exciting! Refresh my memory again please, when was ur transfer? I think we were pretty close and wonder if my RE would release me at my next u/s on the 25th too, I'll be 7w5d.

Here's to a H&H 9 months! 
  • Options
    @PrayingMom2Be My transfer was a day 3 on 3/17. Every clinic is different, so don't fret if he doesn't. GL!
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Options
    Yay @capps42613 I graduated yesterday too ! Ah I didn't feel ready to be let go ! My OB said I can come in anytime between next week and 4 weeks from now . They will only be having me come in every four weeks, which I guess is just standard . It feels so weird not having to go to the doc every week . I'm not gonna miss being violated on a weekly basis with the vag ultrasound but the reassurance that everything was normal www nice . Are you coming off you meds too ? I'm stopping everything on Saturday . I'll be 10 weeks . 

**BFP and loss warning**

• Options
    Yay for the graduation ladies :)

I know the feeling of missing the reassurance. I miss it too. So I booked an appointment with my clinic in Norway for today and got to see my baby again :) and it looks like a baby now!
    We woke him up, so had a fantastic show. The RE I had today is my favourite and he really took his time to show me my little wonder.
    If I hadn't go I had to wait until week 18! And that's a whole 7 more weeks! I did not have that patience and was a wee bit worried as I still am feeling horrible and don't eat a lot. But baby doesn't care :smile: he keeps growing.

• Options
    Awe @tvh1982 that's so awesome you got to see your baby again ! I wouldn't be able to wait seven whole weeks either !! It is amazing how they keep growing even when we feel like crap . I was convinced my dehydration / unhealthy eating would hurt the baby .

I took a little video of my babe yesterday bobbing it's little head . I can't believe it looks like a baby now !! My dorky husband made a video and put a Metallica song to the US video to make it look like the baby was head banging to the music . 

**BFP and loss warning**

• Options
    Hahah @mskeenan that made me laugh...husbands...they are a special kind ;)

• Options
    That s so awesome that everyone is having healthy and cute ultrasounds !!
    My OB said that they suggest/want everyone to have the NT scan and 1st trimester screening to every patient between 11-14 weeks. I will have it next week. Honestly, I am not a big fan of this screening (because I know two people who had false positives and had to stress out throughout whole pregnancy) but I want to use this NT screening to see the baby again. Because if I do not have this scan, I think I have to wait until anatomy scan to see the baby. After your posts, I am wondering if the 1st trimester screening is a regular thing as my OB told ? 
  • Options
    @mskeenan yes! I'm coming off of PIO on 5/1 @ 9 weeks. Soooo ready for that!
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Options
    I've seen a few talking about NT scan...what is it?

• Options
    Nuchal translucency scan @tvh1982
  • Options
    Thanx @zoefer, that was a little bit easier to google :smile: 
    They don't do them here with everyone. It depends on age (above 38) or if there is a reason to worry. 

• Options
    @ZoeFer I initially opted out of the NT screening, but then decided to do it just so, like you said, I can see the baby.  My RE just did two ultrasounds at 6 and 7 weeks, and my next one wasn't until 20 weeks. I decided I didn't want to wait that long. I've heard about false positives too so I've just decided I'm not going to worry no matter what. 
  • Options
    @Minnie1155 We have decided to have the test but the result would not change our decision about pregnancy. Enjoy your scan and i hope we only get good results so we do not have to worry about it anyway :)
  • Options
    Hi everyone! I had my first appointment with my midwife today. She wasn't able to pick up the heartbeat on their Doppler, but I'm not concerned cuz I heard my baby's heartbeat on my Doppler last night. I scheduled my NT test for 5/3. 

I have two more PIO shots then I'm done! I'm a little worried about stopping cold turkey, but my RE knows best, right? I still have a lot of crinone left so I may continue the inserts for a little longer. Shouldn't hurt anything. My midwife did say the placenta should have started taking over by now. I believe her cuz I'm not as nauseous as I was a couple weeks ago.

We (more like I) decided not to find out the gender. I want to be surprised in the delivery room. My hubby asked if he could find out and keep the secret from me, but I don't trust that he won't accidentally slip.
  • Options
    Yay for stopping PIO shots! You'll be doing fine stopping them, I replied your question thread @Rachd110

What about deciding about a gender and a nickname to talk about the baby and let DH know gender?
    Thats what my mum & stepdad did with my wee brother. They decided to talk about if it was a boy, and my mum knew what it was. Later (as a Xmas present my sister and I knew too) 
    My stepdad told us later he was convinced it was another girl.
    It's just an idea of course...don't do it if you have the slightest feeling he might accidentally slip, as that would be sad.

• Options
    Hi everyone, I'm from the infertility group. I don't feel quite comfortable joining this group yet but I've gotten bfps these last three days after a five day transfer. I haven't scheduled my beta yet but it'll be Tuesday. Anyway I have a question, how far along are you then if you do a five day transfer. The first day of my last period was April 1 so technically I'm three weeks, 1 day, but is that accurate with a five day transfer? 
  • Options
    Hi @drove2u
    Congratulations!!! So happy for you.

I used the following website and I was 2 days off with my 8 week us.
    https://www.ivfconnections.com/forums/content.php/749-ivf-due-date-calculator-by-date-of-transfer-retrieval-ovulation-or-insemination

• Options
    Thanks @tvh1982 that's super helpful :-) yeah well I have to see what beta is first before getting excited!! 
  • Options
    I'll keep everything crossed for you! @drove2u xoxo

• Options
    Congratulations @Drove2u , so happy for you. FX for strong and doubling betas!!!