April 2016 Moms
Options

Water breaking

What did it feel like when your water broke? I've had a constant wet feeling kind of like I'm sweating down there for the last 3 days (started the night I got my membranes stripped). I also heard a weird pop in my belly like poping your joints but I've not had a trickle or a fish of water. Just constantly wet. 
Ive called and talked to 2 different nurses. One told me I'd know for sure if it had broke. The other told me I wouldn't be losing enough fluid unless I could literally squeeze a pad and get the fluid to drip. My doctor is on call this weekend starting today so I'm going to call and get his opinion and hopefully get tested. 
Just was curious if anyone else had just a wet feeling and it was their water or if I'm just peeing myself

Re: Water breaking

• Options
    I'm pretty sure I had a small leak for weeks before my water broke.  I never gushed, but felt wet often, and it definitely wasn't pee.  Everyone just ignored it because there wasn't enough for a positive test.  My water broke on its own, which had never happened before, another reason I'm sure I had a leak.  No pops, though, just fluid everywhere.  Maybe wear a pad and do a smell check? 
  • Options
    I've been wearing a panty liner and it doesn't smell like urine to me. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not sure what amniotic fluid smells like though 
  • Options
    I have always felt small gushes with my water breaking, especially after lying down and then standing up. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Amniotic fluid doesn't always have a smell, so it could be hard to tell between fluid and just sweating.  
  • Options
    When my water broke I felt it and heard it and It gushed. I've had friends that have had just a slow trickle when theirs broke.  
  • Options
    I definitely knew my water broke. Got up from bed and it gushed all over the bedroom floor. My water also had a slight pink tinge to it and that's how I knew it was different. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for responding!! Bodies are weird haha. 
    I called my doctor and he said not to get it tested unless there is too much leakage for a panty liner and I have to switch to a pad. 
  • Options
    I've always had to have my waters broke for me.  This time around I had a gush and thought my water broke, turns out it was my mucus plug.  My plug didn't look anything like I expected and was more of a watery discharge than snot like.  Dr said this was normal and not all plugs look like snot.  Just a thought but could be the same thing.
  • Options
    With DS1 my water gushed and then it continued to trickle out for another two hours. Had to wear a pad.  Also my water was super warm, like hot. It was very noticeable.
  • Options
    Interesting! I definitely lost my plug Tuesday and had a lot of mucusy discharge Wednesday. 
  • Options
    Mine broke on its own at the hospital. But I had a cath in and was on an epidural. I could feel wetness, but that was about it.
  • Options
    With my second my water broke in my sleep and I woke up thinking I had peed myself.  I knew it was my water though when I wiped and there was some pink.  I don't think I was leaking enough though to be able to squeeze water out of a pad (although I definitely needed to wear a pad).  This last time I was a wake and timing contractions when my water broke.  I was laying in bed and felt a pop and just knew it was my water.  Walking to the bathroom I leaked a little and again when I wiped I saw a little pink.  I needed to change my pad once while waiting for my brother to arrive to watch my other two kids.  On the ride over to the hospital, I had a major gush of water that completely soaked my pants (pad didn't do anything to help).  This major gush made me think that the first pop and leakage wasn't a complete rupture.  
  • Options
    Oh man. Haha I'm sure that was fun in the car :)
  • Options
    With DS1 I felt a pop and a big gush.  This time, I wasn't sure but kept feeling small gushes especially when I would stand up.  So we went to the hospital to confirm and sure enough.  But was weird because I wasn't having any contractions until I was admitted to the hospital.  With DS1 I did the day before it broke.  

• Options
    Sincera4 said:
    With DS1 I felt a pop and a big gush.  This time, I wasn't sure but kept feeling small gushes especially when I would stand up.  So we went to the hospital to confirm and sure enough.  But was weird because I wasn't having any contractions until I was admitted to the hospital.  With DS1 I did the day before it broke.  
    With both my girls, my water broke and didn't have contrax until at least the next day.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the responses!! I Went in last night after having contractions every 2-5 minutes for a couple of hours. They weren't painful just uncomfortable. They tested and it wasn't amniotic fluid leaking. I was at a 3 and because I hadn't changed in an hour they sent me home until my contractions get more painful. Hopefully this doesn't take forever. They told me if it wasn't a weekend they would have kept me. So frustrating. 
  • Options
    I had a small leak and didn't know it for 12 hours. I just thought I had a little extra thin discharge but went to labor and delivery to have it checked just in case. 
    I went in and had it checked and sure enough it was amniotic fluid.
    due to being ruptured for more than 12 hours at that point I was immediately induced due to the high  risk of infection and had a baby 6 hours later.

• Options
    At 7:30 am i started to leak. I wet 3 pairs of pants before I figured out what was going on. But when I got to the hospital, the doctor said that my bag didn't completely rupture. So the doctor broke the bag for me. 

With my first, I didn't feel a pop and gush. I was sleeping and woke up having to pee. But I didn't have to let myself pee, if that makes sense. The same thing happened again 5 minutes later, and again a few minutes after that. then contractions started. 

**** Formerly Snoflakes4eva****