San Diego Babies
Options

Help! New To The Area and Need Obstetrician

TarabaracoTarabaraco member
edited April 2016 in San Diego Babies
Hello. My husband and I are currently trying to conceive our first child.  I am looking for recommendations for obstetricians and a hospital to give birth at. We are new to San Diego and do not know anyone here so I could really use some help finding the right medical staff and facility.  We live in the Mission Valley area. Thank you in advance for your recommendations . I can really use them!

Re: Help! New To The Area and Need Obstetrician

• Options
    I used west coast OB/gyn and delivered last June at Sharp Mary Birch. I have friends who also go to them and delivered there, we all have had good experiences. I really like the Sharp system and knew if for some reason our baby needed extra help they were right there and wouldn't need to be transferred anywhere. Welcome and good luck!
  • Options
    I second west cost OB, but would add that of you're not already pregnant idk what they can help with. I don't think they have an RE on staff. Make sure you check with your insurance though. Usually they will have a website that tells you which doctors are in network.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm with the Sharp healthcare system and I have been since I was a baby. I can't speak for other OB/GYN that aren't part of the Sharp Rees-Steely network as I've never sent someone else, but my dr has been beyond amazing throughout the last 34 weeks. I will be delivering at Mary Birch in late May/early June, depending on when baby wants to come out, and we just did our hospital tour/Baby on the Way event last week. After going to the event and seeing the hospital, I am a lot less anxious about the upcoming arrival, as I know that if something were to happen with baby, SMB has one of the best rated NICUs. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you for all of your help!  I greatly appreciate it.