3rd Trimester

Any ideas on how too get rid of swelling...

My ankles, feet and hands are swelling! How do I reduce the swelling.
I having a feeling my boyfriend is going to be purposing soon so I don't want my hands swollen lol
I have a 9month old son so it's really hard too find time too work put 
What could I do to help the swelling?

Best Answer

Answers

• https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12670748/what-to-do-for-swelling#latest

Did you see I answered your question in the 2nd trimester board? At least I tried to answer it from what I've experienced in the last 31 weeks.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • fourtsixand2fourtsixand2 member
    edited April 2016
    arduaaa said:
    My ankles, feet and hands are swelling! How do I reduce the swelling.
    I having a feeling my boyfriend is going to be purposing soon so I don't want my hands swollen lol
    I have a 9month old son so it's really hard too find time too work put 
    What could I do to help the swelling?
    Sorry, your boyfriend is going to have to propose with or without swelling.  There is no fix-all.  Swelling is just part of pregnancy.
    Drink lots of water.  I know it sounds like an oxymoron, but drinking MORE water actually helps alleviate water retention.  And try to get moving around.  Take a few moments to get up and walk around your place of business or the neighborhood.  These were all recommendations from my Dr.  Google would have told you the same thing as well.

• I don't think working out particularly helps with swelling. You may just have to accept it and be excited anyway rings can always be resized if need be. 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Working out has decreased my swelling noticeably, but still can't wear my wedding rings. Hopefully your boyfriend loves you swollen or not, and he will "purpose" anyway.
  • There's also a vitamin D complex that helps for a lot of people if you want to try the supplement route.
    ***Pregnancy Mentioned***
    ME: 32; DH: 34; TTC since 3/2014; Diagnosed Unexplained Infertility 2/2015
    3/2015-5/2015 IUI #1-3 with clomid + trigger:  CP + 2 BFN
    6/2015 Prep for IVF + ICSI + Assisted hatching
    7/2015 17 high-quality blasts, transferred 1 & froze 16
    8/2015: IVF#1 BFN; prep for FET
    9/2015:  Transferred 2 top grade hatching day 6 blasts
    10/2015:  10dp6dfet 754!! 13dp6dfet 2327!! 15dp6dfet 4919!!
    Present:  TWO heartbeats and all is well!!  G/B TWINS Due Date:  6/16/16
  • mclorn said:
    There's also a vitamin D complex that helps for a lot of people if you want to try the supplement route.
    Please do not take supplements with out approval of your provider. 

As for swelling, it's a normal pregnancy sign.

How to make it all go away, delivery helps.
  • Two things that help is floating in water and drinking tons of water. So if you have a pool near you, get in and float. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Drink tons of water, sit with your feet up as much as possible, and whatever you do, don't wear the ring as it starts to get tight. It would suck to have to get your new engagement ring cut off.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016