February 2016 Moms

bath time babies

anyone else have a baby that just loves their bath? My heart melts every time Oliver takes one. Post your pictures!

Re: bath time babies

• Zoey has loved her baths since her very first one! She loves to kick in the water and seems so relaxed. She hasn't cried one time when we have given her a bath. I didn't have my phone with me earlier to take a picture. She's such a cutie! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Bugga loves to shower with mama (but that's not something I'll post here ;) ) I did catch this pic in the bath. Usually she can't wait to be done with bath time. 
  • R + tubby time = Love!

• This was the first bath that she didn't scream the whole time. Ever since this time she has loved her baths!  
  • Madison zonked after her bath. She loves her baths because mommy and daddy are loving all over her and rubbing her (not so) little belly :) her favorite way of getting a bath is when we use the kitchen sprayer and basically give her a shower. She will stick her feet out to make sure they're getting wet! We put her towel in the dryer on high because she HATES getting out and we've found that she doesn't freak out as much if she's in a towel that's already warm before her post-bath snuggles
  • smn14smn14 member
    @ashton2190 I will definitely be trying the dryer technique with the towel! My little one loves the bath but flips out when she gets out! 
  • Latina211508Latina211508 member
    edited April 2016
    Carmine loves bath time but also hates when I take him out. Way too cold so I always put the heater on before taking him out. Don't mind the pink. My previous two were girls. 
  • Love the dryer idea! I always feel bad taking him out, he is so happy in the bath and then screams when I take him out... Maybe a warm towel is the key!
  • Caleb loves bath time! He started out all smiles and was talking away, but, of course, the smiles quit as soon as the camera came out.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Both my kids love bath time. My little guy loves it when his ears are in the water(weird I know) and a washcloth on his belly. Never thought of the dryer trick will have to try it since he HATES being cold. My phone hasn't been letting me upload pictures lately :/
  • Emma loves bath time! :) My DS' toys are in the background lol.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • A little jealous of all the happy bath time babies...mine HATES the bath and screams the whole time. It's her least favorite thing.
  • A little jealous of all the happy bath time babies...mine HATES the bath and screams the whole time. It's her least favorite thing.
    @laura88821 darn that is a bummer! One time I gave my little guy a bath and he screamed the whole time and I realized the water was a little too cold for him! Now I make sure it's much warmer, without being too hot, and he loves the Bath! 
    Mine has her days too. We have to time it right because if we do it too late and she's tired, she'll scream as soon as we take her clothes off. Maybe change the time of day you do it or dim the lights a bit? Or find a bath toy she likes for her to be distracted 
  • @robinj716 I do think we had the water a little too cold at first, so hopefully being better aware of the temp will help. I realized it wasn't warm enough when I tried taking a bath with her and was cold myself.

@ashton2190 I think you're right that tiredness is definitely a factor; I've tried bathing her earlier in the day and it helps, but you can tell she's still not into it. Maybe I'll try a toy tonight...

Thanks for the suggestions- I'd really like to get LO to the pool this summer so I'm hoping to get her at least better acclimated to the whole bathing experience beforehand!
  • I always just get in the bath with him. He loves the cuddles and I can BF him in there too. He really enjoys baths and showers. 
    Feb '16 October Siggy Challenge: Favorite Candy

• She loves the bath, DH is determined to get her started swimming early!  Lol it is too funny to watch them in the tub together.
  • Warmed the towel in the dryer last night for the first time and it made bath time even more fun! I even cuddled him a little longer because he and the towel were so warm!! 
  • LO loves his and gets a little cranky if he hasnt had it by 8-8:30. Usually bathes, nurses and knocks out.

DS (2.29.16) via Homebirth

~ Proverbs 22:6 ~