July 2016 Moms

losing weight after baby

124»

Re: losing weight after baby

• Loading the player...
  • What kind of champagne is this deliciousness you speak of @noelietrex ?

We have a bottle of rosé champagne already in the fridge on standby for when we get home after baby - to cheers the fact we survived and made a (hopefully) healthy and beautiful baby girl! Haha
  • Eko14Eko14 member
    benten24 said:
    DH and MIL (she's the backup) already have strict instructions on what my first PP meal will be- sushi and an IPA. My husband has been trying to figure out how to get me the IPA cold, bless his heart. 
    Yesss. I was like this with my first. He was due Thanksgiving weekend and I demanded that if I had to miss Thanksgiving dinner because the baby was coming that my Mom had to make me a plate and bring it to the hospital haha. I didn't end up missing dinner, but Mom did bring me a tastey croissant when she came to see us.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • @jlmartinez517 we have rosé champagne waiting too! My in laws brought it for us around Thanksgiving, which was also around when we told them about the pregnancy so they didn't know. But it's patiently waiting in there... 
  • I cannot wait for sangria those pics are amazing! Also I want a Costco hotdog so bad right now!! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Same, haven't thought about the meal yet, but I fully plan on waddling into the wine & spirits store at 38 weeks pregnant and buying at least twelve bottles of wine to restock my wine rack! 
  • With a due date of 7/1 I am praying baby comes on time so I can get home in time to enjoy the 4th of July fireworks with a few beverage and my family at the beach. That's my real dream. Then DH can throw me, the babe, and DS in the stroller to get us back home, haha.

• I have a dumb question about drinking while breastfeeding. Do you have a drink right after you feed and then just wait a couple of hours til it gets out of your system? How does it work? I want to drink so bad but I also don't want to waste my breast milk!
    July BMB Siggy Challenge: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • Thank you @ButterMyBiscuit I really had no idea! And I am dying for booze...
    July BMB Siggy Challenge: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • Last year DH and I started a tradition of sharing a bottle of champagne Christmas night after all of the festivities were over and it was just the two of us back home.  This year we bought a bottle and I was planning on having a few sips but was too tired when we got around to it.  That bottle awaits us when we get home from the hospital!!  Those margaritas though.  YUM
  • @joleri23 - Drininking while nursing or right afterwards gives the most time to metabolize the alcohol. Alcohol easy affects me, I exclusively BF DD, and she didn't take bottles well so I didn't have more than 2 drinks, aka got tipsy, until she was 6 months and sleeping 6 hours at a time in the night. I definitely didn't realize how little I would drink after having DD. However, if you pump, you can always give LO a bottle of your extra milk after you've been drinking and then pump and dump at your normal time. 
  • @noelietrex I probably found that way too exciting! I hate wasting anything so I'm always trying to find multiple purposes for things so I don't have to! Good to know!
  • @noelietrex I recently read that it's really good for baby acne too. (The clogged pores babies get - not acne caused by being pregnant) 
  • Breast milk has lots of medicinal uses too! There's no need to dump boozey milk- just store and label it "medicinal use only". It's great for everything from scrapes and burns to diaper rash. At least that's what the crunchy moms at my birthing center say- the best diaper rash cream for cloth diapering is breast milk!
    So true!!  My son got some kind of crusty layer on his eye when he was a baby and I took him to the pediatrician and she actually suggested I put my breast milk directly on his eye.  It worked like a freaking miracle.  I love breast milk.  
  • I am thinking that I may need to rename this thread "what are you drinking when you leave the hospital" lol
  • That sounds amazing @PinkLady2015 cheers!
  • I actually just told DH this weekend that for my push present this time around, I wanted a pitcher of sangria in my hospital room. I feel comfortable with timing drinking with when this LO feeds, but does anyone have any ideas for drinking while on the painkillers? I'm fine if it just knocks me out... not fine if it cancels the effect of the meds!
  • @soberkfell - depends on what you're taking for painkillers. I wouldn't be worried about it cancelling out meds, just too much sedation! But if you're taking ibuprofen and not a narcotic, I can't see any real medical reason why it wouldn't be ok (in moderation).
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • Jacobs Creek Moscato here here