April 2016 Moms
Options

Is this normal? Symptoms thread!!

1161718192022»

Re: Is this normal? Symptoms thread!!

• Options
    I've had awful diarrhea for the past week... OB says it's normal, as long as I stay hydrated. How do I know if dehydration is becoming an issue????
  • Options
    @Ljljljl dehydration can cause contractions. just keep a 2litre bottle next to you and make sure you sip it throughout the day :smile: 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    cmjenkies said:
    Anyone feeling like complete crap? I mean insanely terrible.. Constant headache, nausea, fatigue, dizzy spells. Not like normal pregnancy complaints, like hook me up to an IV of fluids and give me days to sleep. I also have off and on cramping, back pain, random contractions.. Oh and that wonderful discharge! I lost my plug two weeks ago, and on Tuesday was 3 cm and 75% effaced. Can I just get him out now?! Oh did I mention I took a week long vacation off work and tomorrow I have to go back?!
    All day today I've had off and on dizziness, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, cramping, "gas, vomit, or contraction?", and have been losing what I'm guessing are pieces of my plug. It's not pleasant and a lot of it is beyond what I would consider normal pregnancy symptoms, in comparison to my last one. Especially today's vomiting/diarrhea deal - I can't keep anything down, at. all. 
    Ugh. Ladies, I'm so sorry! I've been feeling like total crap but haven't had it quite this bad. I feel for you.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ok.. Help! This morning I think my water broke.. Maybe about four hours ago. I felt like I peed my pants a couple times, and when I went to the bathroom it was just heavy discharge and had some light brown spotting in it, a sort of yellowish tinged fluid. I haven't felt many consistent contractions just a lot of cramps. I'm at work and trying to make it until the day is over in three hours.. I passed my plug already and Tuesday was 3 cm and 75% effaced. That's why I jumped to assume it was my slow leaky water. But then.. I googled. I know, bad idea! It said that brown spotting could mean meconium! But, the baby is moving wonderfully. Kicking about and pushing me all around.. Should I be worried about that spotting or just phone the doctor after work?
  • Options
    Ok.. Help! This morning I think my water broke.. Maybe about four hours ago. I felt like I peed my pants a couple times, and when I went to the bathroom it was just heavy discharge and had some light brown spotting in it, a sort of yellowish tinged fluid. I haven't felt many consistent contractions just a lot of cramps. I'm at work and trying to make it until the day is over in three hours.. I passed my plug already and Tuesday was 3 cm and 75% effaced. That's why I jumped to assume it was my slow leaky water. But then.. I googled. I know, bad idea! It said that brown spotting could mean meconium! But, the baby is moving wonderfully. Kicking about and pushing me all around.. Should I be worried about that spotting or just phone the doctor after work?
    Phone now. If it's meconium, you need to be there ASAP to avoid an infection for baby. 
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I just don't see any reason NOT to call the doctor if it could be something serious? Better to err on the side of caution.
  • Options
    jasmuinjasmuin member
    edited April 2016
    I've been getting dizzy/light headed a few times a day. It only lasts about 1-2 minutes and then it's gone. It has happened when I'm standing and when I'm sitting, when I've been hungry and when I'm full, so I don't think it's related to movement or my eating...any other suggestions of why this could be happening or is it just because I'm almost 37 weeks pregnant and that's a good enough answer
  • Options
    I'm going to call my dr in the morning when the office opens. Just curious if anyone else had experience with this. 
  • Options
    jasmuin said:
    I'm going to call my dr in the morning when the office opens. Just curious if anyone else had experience with this. 
    I have not personally had that symptom but have read it can be a sign of preeclampsia. Though I'm not sure they mean intermittent dizziness or more constant. I hope your doc helps you figure it out. Good luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    jasmuin said:
    Pretty much everything in pregnancy can be both normal or abnormal. Check your blood pressure and be hyper-aware of other symptoms like headaches that won't go away with Tylenol. 
  • Options
    jasmuin said:
    I've been getting dizzy/light headed a few times a day. It only lasts about 1-2 minutes and then it's gone. It has happened when I'm standing and when I'm sitting, when I've been hungry and when I'm full, so I don't think it's related to movement or my eating...any other suggestions of why this could be happening or is it just because I'm almost 37 weeks pregnant and that's a good enough answer
    I've had this same problem too. My dr. didn't seem concerned. He just said to watch that it's not lasting too long and try eating something if its been more than an hour since I last ate. My blood pressure has been good the whole pregnancy though. I don't know if that makes a difference.

Hope you get some answers today.
  • Options
    My blood pressure and protein levels have been fine and so were my blood sugar levels. They told me that sometimes this late in pregnancy even normal blood sugar levels can be too high for some people so I'm supposed to try and eat snacks full of protein every couple of hours and see if that helps. If not they said to call back and they will see what else we can do. 
  • Options
    Holy Vagina! I went for my usual walk this morning, and now I'm disabled on my couch with an ice pack between my legs.  I am so sore it is painful to walk/move.  There is no possible way i can close my legs or shift without the Pain! Ahhh!!!  Hopefully the end is nigh. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    kerinsara said:
    Holy Vagina! I went for my usual walk this morning, and now I'm disabled on my couch with an ice pack between my legs.  I am so sore it is painful to walk/move.  There is no possible way i can close my legs or shift without the Pain! Ahhh!!!  Hopefully the end is nigh. 
    Hey how are you going? Did you see someone about the pain? sounds like you may have irritated a joint in your pelvis! everything is loosening down there..
  • Options
    kerinsara said:
    Hey how are you going? Did you see someone about the pain? sounds like you may have irritated a joint in your pelvis! everything is loosening down there..
    Thanks for asking. I still have pain, but it's much more mild. The OB said it's due to extra blood flow that may not be circulating well down there. Should clear up once the pressure lightens up on my pelvis.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 39 weeks and due date is technically in about 4 days (but my first daughter was a full week late so I just figured I wouldn't be early). Baby has definitely dropped down but I think she's diagonal-- I have extreme pain in my left groin that shoots pain down into my upper thigh. Hurts to walk OR sit. I've got a hot water bottle on it and that helps a little; just curious if anyone else has this weird pain? I had a lot of Braxton hicks the last few days and last night false labor but no real contractions. 
  • Options
    Okay so after calling the dr- she says its baby shifting into position in the pelvis and I'm having muscular-skeletal related pain. Recommended a warm bath, water, rest and reiterated the usual "watch for your water breaking, bloody show or contractions less than 5 min apart". So I took a long hot shower, bounced on my exercise ball and went to bed (after calling work to say I'm not coming in!) and now I can see AND feel that baby has totally shifted from diagonal to vertical and she must be "lined up" because I have more pressure on my low back and the one sided groin pain is gone.
  • Options
    If any of you guys have experienced bloody show, how long did it last? Ive been having blood streaked discharge since last night, it's 1:30pm now, and there's the constant crampy feeling along with it since last night too... the doctor said only go to the hospital if the blood is like a period, and it isnt. But it takes a few wipes to clean up every time I use the restroom (sigh, sorry, TMI). My due date is tomorrow and I DID have a cervical exam yesterday, but even at my appointment before this, the bleeding did not look like this, nor did it last this long with cramps. Thank you..
  • Options
    @MariaSara1134 I bleed a for a few days after a cervical check (been getting them since 32 wks). Red/brown at first then it goes away. One time most of my plug came out. On Sunday I started having pink tinted mucus but only a few times when I wiped. L&D told me it could be from cramping. LO has been punching my cervix a lot to lately. Doc didn't seem concerned at yesterday's appointment. Had another check as well and iv been having some spotting again as usual. More of my plug came out (mostly pink). I'm 38+5 today. I also have usually get more cramping and contractions the day after a cervix check. 
  • Options
    @Knottie2891384 Thank you for your input!! I'm trying not to get my hopes up... it's all red/brown for me it's not pink anymore but it's been 12 hours since it started so I'm just thinking it's gonna stop soon since nothing else has happened. I'm mentally accepting the idea of actually being overdue now:( 
  • Options
    @MariaSara1134 I lost my mucus plug at exactly 38 weeks and it's been 4 days since. I've been wearing a panty liner daily because of the brown discharge. I think the discharge is normal, especially if you had a cervical check - I had mine on Monday. Today I feel a lil off and stool isn't great so I think it's building up? It's quite the waiting game - hang in there mama!