February 2016 Moms

2 month checkup. Baby weight.

jordans_wifejordans_wife member
edited April 2016 in February 2016 Moms
My little man was 11 pounds at 9 weeks. He was born at 6lbs 4oz. I thought that was great but then I saw that put him in the 13th percentile. Both my previous sons were in the 80th and 90th % for quite a while. Doctor isn't worried at all but I feel worried now about trying to get him to eat plenty. He will only eat from 1 breast. Anyway, I know he's healthy but I'm not used to having a smaller baby. What did your LO's weigh?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 2 month checkup. Baby weight.

• lizlady24lizlady24 member
    edited April 2016
    My little guy is just over 7 weeks and is 11lbs 1 oz (found out at our lactation consultant appointment yesterday). She said he is a chunky guy. His 2 months is on the 29th, so I will update then, but from the growth charts, he is around the 50th percentile.
    As long as our little ones are growing and gaining weight, we are doing great! Nothing wrong with a slimmer little one :)
  • My son is a big ol chunk and has been since he was born... He was born at 8lbs 9oz and was already up to 12lbs 4oz at his one month... His 2 month appt is next Tuesday, but based on my scale at home I think he's around 14 lbs now... He's a piggy but I love him just the same! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Our LO is also 11 lbs 2oz from his 2 month check yesterday. He's still on his curve and is just tiny :) someone has the be the larger and smaller centilies or they wouldn't work. As long as his gaining appropriately for him, no worries momma :) 
  • Caleb was 8lbs 13oz at birth, 12lbs 14oz at 2 months, and is now 14lbs 6oz at almost 11 weeks.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Our LO was 5 pounds 10oz at birth and at 9 weeks was 10 pounds 13 oz. His ped said that as long as he continues to gain and grow they wouldn't be concerned, but that if he starts to stall then we may consider doing more frequent weights with the LC to see if we need to supplement (currently EBF).
  • robinj716robinj716 member
    edited April 2016
    My son was born 6 pounds 8 oz, he's 11 weeks now and just hit 11 pounds and he is formula fed. He was 10 pounds even at his 8 week checkup. 

ETA: my pediatrician said he is just a little guy and is gaining weight consistently so there is no need to worry. At his 2 month checkup he was 6th percentile for weight.  
  • My DD was 12lbs 6oz at her 2 month appointment - she is exclusively FF and was 7lbs7oz at birth. She's doing well with weight gain and her height is in the 97th percentile as well which was a little shocking to hear
  • I'm looking forward to seeing the official measurements, but our appt isn't until May 2nd. She was 8lb at birth, and seems to be 10lbs at 7wks according to our home scale. DD1 was/is petite, so I'm interested to see how DD2 compares in percentiles.

• My LO was 8#12 at birth and was 13#8 at her 2 months appointment!  She's a chunk.

Surprise BFP! 06/08/15
    Nadine GraceMarie  02/10/16
    Diagnosed with placenta increta post delivery: emergency partial hysterectomy - cervix and ovaries still intact 
    Gestational surrogacy or adoption TBD

• LO was 7.4 at birth and now my little chunker is 12.11. Dr says she is healthy and not to worry about it. She has also grown 5 inches 
  • My LO was 6.1 lbs at birth and 12.3 lbs at 2 months. 
  • LO was born at 8lbs and we just had our 2 month check up yesterday and he weighed 12 lbs 6 oz
  • smn14smn14 member
    Our LO was 8lb 5oz at birth and is 10lb 5oz now at 7 weeks. Her percentiles are so varied! She is 50th for weight, 25th for length and 91st for head! Apparently that's in proportion according to the health visitor! She said as long as they're gaining on a steady curve they're not worried. 
  • =caenis==caenis= member
    edited April 2016
    My little guy is 12.5 lbs at 7 weeks old.

ETA he was 9lbs 1oz at birth.
  • Wow. My baby boy is long and skinny. He is 9 weeks old. He was 7 pounds 4 ounces and 21 inches at Birth comma And now he is 10 pounds to ounces and 24 inches long. He also only nurses on one side at a time or anywhere for 5 to 15 minutes
  • My LO was 6lbs 2oz and 19in long at birth he was 9lbs 2oz 21in long at his 2 month
  • @smn14 My DD1 was always under 3%ile for weight, less than 7%ile for weight, and head was always 80%ile or above.

• mrsc12414mrsc12414 member
    edited April 2016
    My baby was born three weeks early . She was 8lbs 5oz 19 inches at birth and at her two month she was 12 lbs 5oz and 23 inches . She will be 11 weeks Friday 
  • My little one weighed 6 lb 13 oz at birth and was 9 lbs 11 oz at 2 months.  My first was only 9 lb 3 oz at 2 months.  I guess I just make petite babies.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 9 weeks.   13lbs 2 oz. 23 inches.  Born 6lbs 15 oz 20 in.  Vaccines today.  Ugh rough day. 
  • Born 9lbs 13 oz and he is 14lbs 9oz today at his 2mo appointment. We also had vaccines today and I will agree- rough day! 
  • R weighed in at 8lbs 6oz at birth, and was 12lbs at his 2 month appointment yesterday. He definitely disliked the shots, but seemed to have forgotten all about them by the time we left the doctor's office. 
  • My LO was 7 lb 2 oz at birth and was 12 lb 1 oz at her 2 month appointment today 
  • DD's appt was today and she weighs 12lb 4oz. She is literally off the charts in height and 75th percentile in weight. She's a giant.

• My LO was 11lbs 5oz at her 2 month checkup. Her pediatrician said she is doing great. I thought she was a little peanut, but just yesterday I had someone call her a tank. Not sure how she's a tank. But Ok . . .
  • I just looked back and DD1 was 8lb 12oz at her 2 month appt. No wonder DD2 seems like she's growing so fast!

• My LO was 10lb 4oz at 2months, she turned three months on April 20th and was 11lb 12oz. She is on small/short end, but very healthy and has the cutest baby rolls.
  • My son was born one week early and weighed 8lbs 4oz, 20.25 in.  At his 2 month appointment he weighed 16lbs 2oz and 25 in! He is almost in 9 month clothing and he is 11 weeks. 
  • A&LmommyA&Lmommy member
    edited May 2016
  • My guy was born at 7lbs2oz and 20.5 inches long. He lost about a pound in the hospital but had regained it within a week. At his 8 week check up he was 12lbs3oz and 25 inches long. He's just super tall right now, generally fits in 6mo clothes. 
    Feb '16 October Siggy Challenge: Favorite Candy

• My girl was 9 lbs 4 oz and 22 inches at birth. She had her 2 month appt today and she is 14.16 lbs and 24.25 inches...she's a big girl! EBF.
  • DD was 6 lbs 8 oz at birth and 19"; at nine weeks she was 12 lbs 9 oz and just under 24". She's getting too tall for 3 mo clothes so we're starting to transition to 6 mo.
  • My little man had his 2 month checkup today... He's 15 lbs and 25 inches long (was 8 lbs 9 oz and 22 in at birth).  The doctor said he's a "big dude".. I love my chunk!
  • Alexia had her 2 month checkup yesterday. She is 11lbs 4oz and 23" tall. She was 8lbs 13oz and 21-1/4" at birth. She's just a little tall and average weight. Happy and healthy!
  • 9 pounds 2 ounces and 20 inches at birth. Lost almost a whole pound in the hospital. Had two month appointment at 2 months and 4 days and he weighed 14 pounds 11 ounces and 24 inches! ebf.. Definitely a little chunker!! 
    Married: 2012 --- BFP: 2013 - Little Miss arrived: 2014 --- BFP #2: 2015 - EDD: 2/2016 (Team Green)
  • We finally had our 2mo appt today (about a week over). DD was 8lb, 19.25" at birth. Now is 10lb 7oz, 22.5". Head circumference was in the 96%ile. 

• Ellie just had her 2 month appointment. She was 7lbs 9oz and 20in long when born. Today she was 12lbs 2oz. And 24in. Long. EFF :)
  • Little man was 7 lbs 6 oz when he was born and was 12 lbs 9 oz at his 2 month visit which is about 50%...his height however was only 22.75 inches which is 20%. So he isn't going to be the tallest kids in his class..lol
    Praying this is our take home baby. STICK TURKEY Mommy will miss you everyday my beautiful angel. We love you Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers M/C on 1/05/11 at 11 weeks.