Two years ago on 4/20 I woke up to spotting and by that afternoon full on bleeding with clots. It was Easter...the next day I went for an u/s and we discovered the baby had stopped growing somewhere around 8 weeks. That baby always measured behind so I wasn't overly hopeful....I took Cytotec and passed the baby quickly after.
This past February before going in for my yearly mammogram, they had me take a pregnancy test and surprise surprise it was positive. Went for my 8 week appt at the end of March and baby measured great with a strong heartbeat. The dr gave us a 3% miscarriage rate...I'm 41 so I always knew there could be a possibility.,,went ahead with genetic counseling at 10 weeks and everything came back great & we found out we're having a girl.
however, yesterday everything has begun to go downhill....went for my 12 week ultrasound and baby was measuring 10 weeks...still a strong heartbeat but even from my view of the ultrasound something didn't look right. They sent me right away to a high risk doctor for another U/s...it was confirmed that there are some severe abnormalities...while I don't have a definite diagnosis...the baby's skull isn't formed on top and it appears there may be some organs outside her body.
I will be going to a genetic counselor again today and for a CVS immediately after...but I hate this state of limbo. I know we're fortunate to have two great kids but we were feeling so over the moon to complete our family. The ironic thing is i miscarried on day 83 last time...and yesterday was day 83...so it was a day I kept telling myself once we get thru we'd be in the clear. My daughter knew we were expecting...we told her once we had good news...but now I feel terrible she knows....she was so excited to have a little sister.
Any my experience you can share would be great. I just hope to begin miscarrying naturally again vs needing to decide anything. To say this is a pretty crappy place to be is an understatement!
UPDATE....so we went for a genetic counseling appointment yesterday and were told that the baby had severe abnormalities that would cause miscarriage...there is also some fetal swelling that if we wait for a natural miscarriage it could cause complications in me. The genetic counselor didn't seem confident that we will find any answers from the CVS but she did recommend that it was worth trying...we went ahead an had the CVS test and the results should come back in two weeks.
I am looking to schedule a d&c on Friday...but I really wish the baby would begin to miscarry before then...we still see a heartbeat but the genetic counselor has assured us that this is not an ethical decision we are making...but rather due to the severe malformations that it is not a viable pregnancy. And honestly, I saw the ultrasound photos and I do know that something did not look as it should look at even 10 weeks. Definitely a crappy place to be and I hated telling my daughter that the baby is too sick to be with us...she keeps saying "well, maybe God will make a Miracle."
dd born 9/09 ds born 10/12 via IVF surprise BFP 3/14 MMC 5/14 surprise BFP 2/25/16 - EDD 11/1/16