Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Digestive issues after natural MC

Hi everyone, I had a natural miscarriage last week - I was scheduled for a D&C on Thu, but seemed to have passed the sac by Wed morning. The worst of it lasted about 2-3 days, and it was some of the most pain I've ever felt, and I'm a chronic migraine sufferer. Fortunately, there were a lot of resources, and the OB's office had an on call Dr too that helped answer a lot of questions.

TMI alert: So everything passed (pun intended), still having some spotting, but things are starting to clear up - my biggest question is this: Has anyone experienced pain while digesting? It's the same kind of pain during diarrhea, where I could feel everything going through me. Then when I have a BM, it's VERY soft - but I've got the pain that stops me in my tracks

Has anyone else ever experienced this?

Re: Digestive issues after natural MC

• Options
    I can't say I've experienced exactly what you're describing, but for what it's worth, with both my MC's I had a hard time with digestion as my hormones re-equilibrated. The bloat was strong while I was pregnant, I got constipated after my D&C's, and then I would have distress after big meals where I cramp so bad I can't stand up straight. BM's are often painful after MC for many women as all the nerves in the region are "excited." It seems to get better with time. For me within a couple weeks it's better. 

Im so sorry for your loss...and that now you're dealing with this too. Hope you feel better soon!
  • Options
    Thank you for asking this! I'm having the same issue and was afraid to ask!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.

I would call your doctor. Get an ultrasound to make sure that everything has truly passed. I had a d&c and ended up with retained tissue. My first symptom was horrible pelvic pain when I peed. Diarrhea is common accompanying childbirth, so it doesn't seem too surprising. 
  • Options
    I had GI issues after my D&C but I thought maybe it was from the antibiotics that I had to take. Hope you feel better soon, so sorry that you are going through this. 
  • Options
    I had a late miscarriage last week, I'm also experiencing what you are describing. I have a follow up appointment today and intend to ask my doctor about this, will let you know if it's something to worry about or if it's normal. Sorry for your loss.
    I'm 29, husband is 30
    Together since 2006
    Married 01.17.15  <3

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers