September 2016 Moms

Middle names for isla

I love the name isla for a baby girl but my last name starts with a m and my sister said isla m. So now I see islam! I want her to have 2 middle names. Please give me your suggestions. We are set on isla blank mae

Re: Middle names for isla

• Grace
    Claire
    Brooke
    Kate 
    Blake
    Corrine

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Isla Rose Mae
    Isla Anne Mae
    Isla Grace Mae
  • Loading the player...
  • My friend did Isla Grace
  • Elizabeth was the first one that came to mind. 
  • Sorry if I sound rude but how do you pronounce isla? Is-la? Or like island? Ay-la? Or something different? 
  • *lurking from October 

My name :) but I don't have an S in my spelling....you could always drop the S if you didn't like the way it was working with the M. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Isla lIke island. 
    Ibabylove how do you spell your name.
  • Thanks for the suggestions. I like isla Elizabeth mae and isla Alexandria mae but it's so hard lol 
    Keep them coming
  • noelani42 said:
    Paige
    Isla Paige Mae sounds like, "Isla, page me!" 
    Other than this lovely observation, I'm no help at all.  But the name Isla is adorable!

Piper, 4/10/10
    Connor, 3/16/15
    Morgan, EDD 9/22/16

• AnnaS930 said:
    I am just going to be a party pooper and say that regardless of the middle names you choose she is still going to grow up as Isla M. on nametags, role calls, etc. If that's something you see and it bothers you, maybe consider using Isla as a middle name or change the spelling although I'm not a fan of picking a new spelling for a known name.
    Completely agree.

• Just Ila 
    people never know how to spell it regardless but it's getting more popular. I've always liked being unique.
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Does isla M. Scream Islam to you guys?
  • Isla Rose! When I read how to pronounce it that came to me. Very pretty. 

I didn't even think anything of Isla M. I must be a ditz today. 
  • tmdmath3 said:
    Does isla M. Scream Islam to you guys?
    I probably wouldn't have made the correlation on my own. I don't think it's a big deal. Especially because when you read "Isla M" it doesn't sound like Islam. 
  • Thanks guys. I'm just stuck on this name and we dont even know the sex yet. I appreciate all of you! 20weeks tomorrow.
  • I read Isla M. Didn't even think Islam until you said it.
  • I didn't see Islam immediately. But I also feel a little like "eh, so what?" Is Islam so bad? It's not a curse word.

(It feels relevant to mention here that my child's first and last initials are BM and IDGAF, so some may take my opinion with a grain of salt.)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Love the feedback. Thanks so much.
  • marajay6 said:
    AnnaS930 said:
    I am just going to be a party pooper and say that regardless of the middle names you choose she is still going to grow up as Isla M. on nametags, role calls, etc. If that's something you see and it bothers you, maybe consider using Isla as a middle name or change the spelling although I'm not a fan of picking a new spelling for a known name.
    Completely agree.
    Times two.
    Natural M/C 03.26.2012 at 10w2d
    Charlotte born at 28w3d due to severe IUGR on 12.24.2012 Merry Christmas!
    Missed M/C discovered 12.22.2014 at 8w1d measuring 6w3d
    2015 was a year to test strength of both body and character, but it led us to this... BFP 01.26.2016 EDD 9.30.2016
  • I don't know if I would have seen Islam myself, but since you pointed it out in the very first post I can see it pretty darn well. It's one of those things that once you see it, you don't really unsee it. It's your call on if you are ok with it. 

• Agreed with ^
    Reading it out loud I don't picture it because of the pronunciation of the name, but if your kiddo is going to have her name squeezed onto a nametag I think it will be super obvious. Again I don't think it's the end of the world, but if it bothers you now it might bother you and her for years
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • drmh22drmh22 member
    edited April 2016
    The the middle name won't change the Islam thing. I didn't think it and don't necessarily see it as an issue, but if it bothers you you should probably change it. For middle name I was going to suggest Rae but Isla Rae Mae is probably not what you had in mind!