Multiples
Options

I feel like it's twins.

edited April 2016 in Multiples
It's not wishful thinking, but I wouldn't be complaining LOL!
What led me to take a test in the first place, was that I was getting cramps, similar to AF but not quite...
And sharp, stabbing pains where my hipbones are... And somehow, I just feel like there's two in there.
 I go to the DR Thursday for a med review because I have noctournal epilepsy, (but am not active)
and they will also book my 1st ultrasound.

My real reason to think it is twins is that I'm approximately 5 weeks and am starting to show a little.
Other symptoms include the normal stuff:

-NO morning sickness AT ALL yet.
- peeing constantly
- VERY tired, as in drained- Sleeping all. the. time.

Moms of multiples- What were your symptoms at 5/6 weeks?!
I just can't get over the fact that I'm starting to show,

Re: I feel like it's twins.

• Options
    Exactly. I had no idea that I was pregnant with twins. At that stage, I had no symptoms at all. I was shocked at my first ultrasound to learn it was twins. You'll just have to wait until your appointment to see. But yes, many women think it's multiples when it's not. 

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I didn't even feel pregnant for weeks. Didn't show until 12 weeks and even then it was only noticeable to those close to me. 
    Just be patient and wait for the u/s before you get too excited about having multiples.
  • Options
    Omg I was soooooooo bloated weeks 5-8, but didn't actually show until about week 12-14 and that was really only noticeable to me. In fact weeks 5-8 I was probably more bloated than I was showing at 12-14! 

I'll be honest though my symptoms were pretty reasonable. I was preparing myself for so much worse. I was nauseous but never threw up, super tired, bloated and light headed to name a few. I also had cravings and aversions. I also had significant aches on my left side throughout my whole first trimester starting at 4 weeks. My doctor thinks that's probably where they implanted. It was never cramping, just achy.

We didn't find out it was twins until my 11w5d appt, but I had a feeling only because I woke up a couple times in the middle of the night with dreams and said I just feel like it's twins. I mentioned this to my mom and SO a couple times, but never thought it would be true. We were completely shocked to see two on the ultrasound! I'm 21 weeks along and still in shock most days. :) 

There is a lot to be said about intuition, so I'll be curious to hear if you are having twins or not! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with everyone else's comments about bloating, it's just not possible to be showing at 5 weeks, even if it is twins.  My symptoms were typical pregnancy symptoms, nothing severe enough to make me think twins. 
    ***********************************************************************************************
    #1 born 8/21/14, #2 & 3 (identical) due 9/27/16

• Options
    I agree with other posters, at 5/6 weeks i was super bloated. I didnt start to show until around 12/14 weeks and thats because this is my second pregnancy. 

One thing i will say is dont underestimate your gut feeling here. I knew at 4 weeks it was twins, i just had a feeling, an obsession really - researching twins/how to prepare for twins. Even told my husband we were having twins. 

Symptoms came on strong at 6 weeks, lots of cramping to the point i thought i was miscarrying so they sent me for an early ultrasound and sure enough 2 babies! Thats also when my severe nausea hit and didnt let up for about 12 weeks. 

Do twins run in your family? Have you looked at the list of factors that increase odds of twins? 

Keep us posted and let us know if your gut feeling was right. Dont be afraid to push for an early ultrasound. 
  • Options
    irohspupilirohspupil member
    edited April 2016
    After finding out I was pregnant with LO, I could have SWORN there were two babies in there (dreams, intuition). I even prompted my doctor a couple times to check for two heartbeats and later two babies (once I had an ultrasound).
    But, nope. Just one precious baby. 

Hope you have a H&H 9 months!

ETA: although, my LO appears to primarily use her left hand. There's a theory about left handed babies.

Me: 25 | DH: 25  
    DD: Aug. 15
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think we're all different i was showing by 10 weeks & i was a size 3 @ the time. & i threw up from week 4 up to week 18. BUT it never crossed my mind that i could be pregnant with twins(even though twins do run in my family). Just figured this pregnancy would be harder/different than DD (which it was) but found out @ 10 weeks they were twins.

I knew i was pregnant because of dreams i had & all the vomiting, i only vomit when im preggers.
    With my daughter i had a dream i had a girl woth curly hair & sure enough shes a girl with curly hair.

With the twins i had a dream i had twin boys to my left & twin girls to my right & @ the blink of an eye the girls were boys. & i have 7.5month old identical boys.

I didnt feel i was pregnant with twins before i knew but i did know i was pregnant before taking a test. & i did know i was having boys after i found out i was having twins. Yes i depended alot on my pregnancy dreams!

Good luck! Maybe you will have twins. Its such a wonderful blessing
  • Options
    I am about as far as you and I felt the same way.

My LMP was March 11, I took a pregnancy test, the day my period was supposed to start and the double lines were super dark. And then I had dreams about things in two - such as adopting a kitten, but had to take two so the one wasn't lonely.

I have had no morning sickness (*knock on wood*), but to have horrible headaches, and pee constantly.  I am showing more than I should at only 5 weeks.

I just got my blood results back today and my HCG levels are 6,700. The chart I found showed single pregnancy HCG levels at 36 days (after LMP) were between 700-1800 and multiples were 2,400 to 36,000. I unfortunately have to wait about 2 more weeks until my ultrasound to confirm and I can't wait.
  • Options
    I wonder if she found out yet... 
  • Options
    Roxell said:
    @Theliops I bet if it's a singleton she'll never come back. If it's twins she'll make another 'I told you so' thread and insult everyone again.
    100% this.
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Roxell said:
    @Theliops I bet if it's a singleton she'll never come back. If it's twins she'll make another 'I told you so' thread and insult everyone again.
    100% this.
    Haha yup ! 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • Options
    It's not wishful thinking, but I wouldn't be complaining LOL!
    What led me to take a test in the first place, was that I was getting cramps, similar to AF but not quite...
    And sharp, stabbing pains where my hipbones are... And somehow, I just feel like there's two in there.
     I go to the DR Thursday for a med review because I have noctournal epilepsy, (but am not active)
    and they will also book my 1st ultrasound.

My real reason to think it is twins is that I'm approximately 5 weeks and am starting to show a little.
    Other symptoms include the normal stuff:

-NO morning sickness AT ALL yet.
    - peeing constantly
    - VERY tired, as in drained- Sleeping all. the. time.

Moms of multiples- What were your symptoms at 5/6 weeks?!
    I just can't get over the fact that I'm starting to show,

Also, qfp... just in case.