Secondary IF
Options

Hello, New to this board - First IUI Saturday

ToBeMMGToBeMMG member
edited April 2016 in Secondary IF
Hello All.

I have been on the bump a long time but haven't posted on this board. I have 2 children (7 and 3) with my current DH, both of us are 33. We are experiencing secondary (third) infertility and they have determined its likely from some MFI and maybe something on my side too, but nothing has shown on any tests.

I am having my first IUI this weekend and I have 5 Follicles (23,20,16 ,16,16) - My E2 level was 870. What do you think my chances of success are and is my chance of multiples high? DH's count is around 20million/ml and motility is 45%. Morph normal. Been trying naturally for 18 months.

I wouldnt be upset about twins but anything after that is alittle scary - but I think the chances are very low?

Re: Hello, New to this board - First IUI Saturday

• Options
    KD01KD01 member
    Unfortunately, I am not sure what the chances would be with those numbers! We have MFI too, but my husband's numbers were much lower.  We did have 3 unsuccessful IUIs, but my doctor had said there was a chance with IUI, but they just didn't work, so we are moving onto IVF.  I would think having multiple follicles is not a bad thing!  I had a friend who had 3 mature follicles last month and had a successful IUI and is pregnant with a single!  So you can always end up with one!  But I just wanted to say good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you!!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not sure of your chances, and unless twins run in the family I highly doubt it would happen (but stranger things have occurred!)

When we attempted our first IUI with my DH's frozen sperm (due to cancer we banked and froze it), they told us that most of the vials they thawed barely had any surviving sperm. We still did the IUI with 2 million and it was a BFN. I figured you only needed one quick little spermie to make his way to the egg, but most die off by the time they get to the point of meeting the egg. My doc recommended IVF, so we went that route.

My doc said that most men ejaculate 200 million sperm on a good day. My office will do an IUI with about 20 million. Anything less, they recommend IVF.

Good luck! Wish you the best. 
    Me: 37 DH:41
    10/2009 - TTC#1 Stopped BCP! Let's DO this!
    1/2010 - BFP (Natural) --> 10/2010 - DS born! Yay!
    12/2010 - DH diagnosed with stage 3B testicular cancer. #cancersucks
    10/2011 - Complications with DH and lymph nodes in groin area removed. No longer able to ejaculate.
    1/2014 - TTC#2 - IUI#1. No luck. Findings: DH sperm did not survive freeze. RE recommends IVF with ICSI.
    3/2014 - IVF Cycle #1 Started BCP
    4/2014 - Lupron, Gonal-F, and Menopur
    5/7/2014 - ER day (25 eggs retrieved, 15 mature)
    5/10/2014 - 6 fertilized, 3 embryos frozen - one grade A and two Grade B. Plan was to grow out to blastocyst stage but rest of eggs arrested by day 3. Decided to freeze on day 3.
    2/9/2016 - FET #1 with Grade A (8 cell - 3 day embryo); 2/20 - Beta was <5. BFN.  :/ Waiting for period and start next FET.
    7/8/2016 - FET #2 with Grade B (8 cell - 3 day embryo), fingers crossed this one sticks. :)
    7/19 - Beta was 74. BFP!!!!; 7/21 - Beta was 182; 1st U/S on 8/2; 2nd U/S on 8/16 :)

BabyFetus Ticker