March 2016 Moms

Baby Blues

2»

Re: Baby Blues

• Thanks:). Today was a bit better, but it feels like we have a ways to go!  Meanwhile, how can nursing be this hideously painful when my toddler just stopped nursing a hot second ago??
  • Loading the player...
  • ecwkecwk member
    Hugs @oceanchild I was wondering how you are doing. I feel you!! 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Guys im still struggling. Im now 6 week pp and im still in such a roller coaster. Some days i am still crying and i feel like every day is a void of crying, pooping, feeding. I didnt realise how lonely having this baby would be. DH is wrapped up in his projects and work, and since i feed in the night i go to bed at about 8.30pm alone and those night feedings are so lonely. Im also having bouts of anger and resentment, especially towards DH. I think the baby senses it too becuase she has been smiling at DH quite regularly in the last few days but i havnt had a smile yet. When will it get better?
  • ecwkecwk member
    Hugs @clairemwalker so sorry you're still not feeling better. Is there anyone IRL you can talk to? A friend or a doctor? Have you let DH know exactly how you feel? Have you been able to get out of the house much? Even getting our for a half hour has made me feel better!! 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @myla14 I am in the same boat. DD (22 months) is working hard to deal with having a little sibling at home. Some days she is good but some days she is horrible and drives us up the wall. This morning was especially bad that I just couldn't take it and had to walk away which made her feel worse because she thought I was abandoning her and kept following me around the house screaming and both of us were crying.  Every time she cries, I just couldn't hold my tears and some days I just feel horrible bringing a baby home.  I have to pump because DS latches poorly and DD gets so upset when I hold DS and not her. I just don't have the time and energy to keep trying this breastfeeding thing with DS and my supply is not keeping up with DS's need despite the fact that I'm pumping every other hour.  My friend told me that since my MIL is here to cook, all I have to do is pump but it's easier from the outside.  Sorry... no recommendation, just a lot of venting.... 
  • So sorry @clairemwalker .. I know it doesn't help much but those are all totally normal feelings. It is so hard and such a huge adjustment! One of the things that stressed me out the most with DD1 was facing these endless days with no schedule and no predictability. @ecwk is right - are you able to get out to take a walk or get some fresh air each day? Even going to a coffee shop for a cup of tea or coffee can help break up the morning. Does your doctor or hospital have a new moms group? Getting to talk to other moms in person can be a lifesaver if that's an option. Re:smiling: I promise the baby isn't playing favorites already! DH probably has larger or more defined features that baby is reacting to. You will get those smiles soon!! 
  • Maybe have DH come tuck you in? Grab some snuggles and talk. Even if he gets back up having some adult time? 

• edited April 2016
    I'm 2.5 weeks pp and am doing a little better. My 2 year old has been doing well for the most part and I'm having less mom guilt. My struggle is feeling like I can't do anything anymore. I'm scared to death to have both kids out in public,  but have big hopes of a fun summer and getting back into our old routine. I feel like I'm just strapped to a couch these days and I spend the night alone in my bedroom doing the night feeding and praying to God he lets me sleep some. It's stressful and makes me anxious. I know it gets better, but right now I still feel like I'm in survival mode.
    BFP #1 - 12/30/12 - EDD 9/13/13 - CP

BFP #2 - 2/13/13 - EDD 10/24/13 - born 10/29/13 - Kian Edward

BFP #3 - 7/16/15 - EDD 3/27/16 - born 3/23/16 - Liam James

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thanks for your kind words guys, im sure ill get there, some days are better then others. Ive started going for a walk every day. I have a few friends with babies so im not totally alone, its just trying to figure out the balance. Before i had her i was addicted to work, and now i sit at home. LO isnt a good day sleeper and some days she literally doesnt sleep at all during the so i dont get any breaks. Stupid hormones get alot of blame. I wish my eyeballs would stop leaking!
  • @clairemwalker that was my hardest transition; going from working in a fast-paced hospital setting surrounded by lots of doctors/nurses/patients to being at home alone with a "quiet" (can't have a conversation) baby. getting out and having visitors really helped. {{hugs}} hope you feel that light again soon, and if you're having a hard time finding it, please chat with someone about it IRL <3

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama!