May 2016 Moms
Options

What's up with the ads??

Is anyone getting a crazy amount of advertisements scattered in between posts, discussions, etc?  WTH Bump??

Re: What's up with the ads??

• Options
    And it's not like they just added one or two spots.  They are bombarding everything!  I can tell it slows the site down for me, too.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

It's making all of the pages double the length just to find a post.  Not cool Bump....not cool.

• Options
    Seriously!! @BumpAdmin what is up with all the ads?!?
  • Options
    I love how they put a gigantic ad right above my meme.....it's slowing everything down!  @bumpadmin what gives with these ads? 
  • Options
    Anyone else also having trouble with sorting? I have mine set to show most recent post by date (not recent activity) but it seems to be displaying posts with recent activity. Super annoying to find new threads! 
    Baby #2 EDD: May 13th!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Not just one add but excessive amounts of adds in between the threads, really obnoxious
  • Options
    This is crazy! It's fine on the app, but @bumpadmin the posts are STILL not sorting correctly! Please fix this ASAP. You currently have a lot of unhappy users!
    TTC#1 January 2013, BFP 7/4/13 MC 8/7/13 D&C 8/22/13
    BFP 5/20/14 CP 5/26/14
    BFP 12/6/14 DD Born an Angel on 7/17/15 at 35 weeks
    An Angel in The Book of Life
    Wrote Down Our Baby's Birth
    And Whispered as She Closed the Book
    Too Beautiful for Earth...
    TTC#2 August 2015 BFP 9/10/15 EDD 5/26/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Giant vomit of ads. Lovely.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    arj14arj14 member
    Trying to increase the revenue stream I see...
    Anniversary

• Options
    really not a fan!

Mama to Three Girls: 
    Twins born March 2014 at 26 weeks due to preterm labor
    and our 37weeker born May 9th, 2016!

• Options
    Definitely switched back over to the app. The ads were driving me nuts. I actually thought page was just loading weird online and kept refreshing it over and over.
  • Options
    I haven't seen this... I use chrome as my browser and have an ad blocker. No ads for me!!  :D maybe give that a try.

• Options
    I only bump using the app. No ads on here but the posting timeline is super disoriented.
  • Options
    Ugh...I wish I could use the app!  But I'm tired of getting halfway through a post and a message pops up that says "you don't have permission to do that" and I can't post :(.  Sadly, Chrome won't work on my computer - slows it down too much!
  • Options
    Nooooooo I jinxed it! Now the app is all weird and full of ads! Why, TB, why?! Major dislike.
  • Options
    I'm on the app only and there are tons and tons of ads. At least ten on this thread for me. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    @TXmamatobe do you also need to zoom in to see anything? The app has everything super small! My phone updated and it's been chaos on this app all day today..
  • Options
    folamij said:
    @TXmamatobe do you also need to zoom in to see anything? The app has everything super small! My phone updated and it's been chaos on this app all day today..
    I don't  have to zoom in but posts are not in any type of order at all. Just random. 

• Options
    I guess I'm done bumping on the phone . . . I wish I read this before I updated the app!  I also wish I could get an ad blocker for the phone like I have for the browser. :(  Hell, I'd rather pay a few dollars for ad-free bump than have a free one that is so cluttered and ugly.
  • Options
    evalynn24evalynn24 member
    edited April 2016
    Kurrant said:
    I guess I'm done bumping on the phone . . . I wish I read this before I updated the app!  I also wish I could get an ad blocker for the phone like I have for the browser. :(  Hell, I'd rather pay a few dollars for ad-free bump than have a free one that is so cluttered and ugly.
    So much this! I would rather be charged a small monthly fee than deal with this ish.
    TTC#1 January 2013, BFP 7/4/13 MC 8/7/13 D&C 8/22/13
    BFP 5/20/14 CP 5/26/14
    BFP 12/6/14 DD Born an Angel on 7/17/15 at 35 weeks
    An Angel in The Book of Life
    Wrote Down Our Baby's Birth
    And Whispered as She Closed the Book
    Too Beautiful for Earth...
    TTC#2 August 2015 BFP 9/10/15 EDD 5/26/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Wow totally not feeling the zillions of ads or the redesign of this app, it's terrible, I wish I never updated my iOS 
  • Options
    It's not just the app. There are tons of adds now on my laptop as well. :(

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    The ads have finally showed up for me (on the app...I run an ad blocker on my browser but I rarely bump from there) and I am suuuuuuper duper annoyed with how many times I've had to back out of a few screens just to continue what I've been reading.  Not cool, Bump. :angry: 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Seriously, Bump?  Ads everywhere on the boards and the 3rd trimester symptoms post keeps generating a giant pop up that I can't click away from unless I close the app. I've gone in and out of that post a dozen times and can never get past the damn pop up! That's an important post, especially with 2 days to go, fix this!
  • Options
    Quick question for everybody out there - are you all still seeing the ads on the mobile website? I'm more specifically interested in those of you who have an iPhone/iOS device with Safari on it...I may have found a solution to the ad issues. 

(The general Bump registry ad at the top of each page doesn't count. I'm mean the ad experience that we are currently having in the app, and the ones I assume are on the desktop site as well, which I don't have access to at the moment.)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Just updated my app and now it's ads city. Dislike!!!! Agree with PP that I'd rather pay a few $ than have this ad crap. 
  • Options
    I see no adds on my iPhone w safari. The only add free way I've seen so far. I just like using my laptop during the day 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Just put up a more detailed post on the Randoms board because lots of people tend to chat on that pretty frequently, so it has a better chance for being seen by more people...but as far as I can tell, long story short, just get rid of the app if you mainly use TB with your iPhone and replace it with a link directly to the website instead. I'm going to play around with different browsers/devices (because I'm such a nerd about stuff like this), but hopefully this'll work for now. Just not sure if it's actually ad-free and for whatever reason they can't add them to the mobile site, or they just haven't updated it yet, or if it has to do with content blockers, etc.  
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @amberraysofdawn I mostly bump on my iPad. And yes, tons of ads.
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• Options
    Ewwwwwwww I hate change. Just logged back on and the app is totally different. Hate change hate change hate change  :s

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    I was having ads on the desktop even earlier this morning, but now suddenly they're gone!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Mine are currently gone on the app as well. 

• Options
    woah! Mine are gone, too (accessing TB from my laptop). Let's hope it's permanent! That was awful! 
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16