Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

April TFAS check in

I havent seen an April check in yet!

This is a thread for those who have children but are TTC another.  TW: previous pregnancies and children will be mentioned, but that should go without saying ☺️

Cycle/Month:

Number trying for (#2, #3, etc.):

Rants/raves:

GTKY- If you could give a newly pregnant mom any real-life advice, what would you tell her?

Re: April TFAS check in

• Options
    Cycle/Month: 6/6

Number trying for (#2, #3, etc.): 3 (technically. DH has a DS and so do I so first together, second biological for each of us but 3rd total in the house)

Rants/raves: I know it takes time, I'm not new to this lol but I really didn't think we would be 6 months in... oh well. DH is amazing about the whole process and this is giving us time to get our new house/lives in order and to lose weight before. 

GTKY- If you could give a newly pregnant mom any real-life advice, what would you tell her?

With DS, I kept a pocket planner, each week I wrote in what size he was (I was tracking with the fruit and veggie one) and I put in dr's appt info (my weight at home and the dr lol, his heart rate, etc) when I had u/s and major milestones like when I felt him move, when others felt him move, when I moved from regular clothes to maternity etc. It's so much fun to look back on now.

Also, make a birth plan! but here's a fun one you don't usually hear, print and extra copy and leave it at home so it doesnt get lost in the hospital shuffle. Then when you're home on leave, take a few minutes to re-read it and make notes on it. Things that went as planned, things that changed, things you knew just had to be a certain way that you couldnt have cared less about when the time came (I have no idea if my sound machine was running or if the TV was on or if the hospital was on fire and crumbling around me lol) It's a great way to take a look back with a sense of humor, and I plan on showing it to DS when he has kids one day. I'm terrible with baby books, but I think this stuff is more fun to read anyway :)

Enjoy EVERYTHING! It doesn't last long. It may feel like it (I was lucky and had a very enjoyable pregnancy) but its over very soon and you will forget all the aches and pains much sooner than you would think.
    Angel Babies 1&2 2/14/09
    DS born 3/11
    Angel Baby 3 6/28/11                                                         9/5/17 BFP!!
    divorced October 2014                                                       9/6/17 hCG 88 progesterone 9.1 (prometrium started)
    Married DH 10/15     DH's DS born 6/09                            9/8/17 hCG 242!!!
    Not preventing since 11/15                                                 EDD 5/8/18        Adjusted 5/15/18
    TTC since 1/1/16                                                                9/27/17 we have a heart beat!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy TrackerBabysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    HLD3194HLD3194 member
    edited April 2016

Cycle/Month: 8/15 TTCAL

Number trying for (#2, #3, etc.): #2

Rants/raves: I was doing pretty good with coping after our loss but this week has been tough and I have been very angry. I am pissed and not at anyone just in general. I hate being like this because it makes others feel uncomfortable and its not who I am but for this week I am just an angry mean lady. I need some boxing or something to release it

Take pictures of yourself. You'll want to look back one day. Try to stay active and remember to take care of yourself.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Cycle/Month: 6/5

Number trying for (#2, #3, etc.): #2, DS will be 2 in about 2 weeks. 

Rants/raves: I was really hoping for a smaller age gap between kids. and I have really been noticing things that makes me think DS would be a great brother. He is so good with babies and he loves them. I really want to give him a sibling. And as I approach the 6 month mark it is getting harder and harder. And the super cute pregnancy announcements seem to be popping up like wildfire. 

Sleep. I know it's kinda cliche. And I thought it was annoying when I got it as advice. But you don't really get a break from being a mom. What I wouldn't give some days to just get a nap or sleep in on the weekend. 

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• Options
    Cycle/Month: 10

Number trying for (#2, #3, etc.): #2 for me, #1 for DH. 

Rants/raves: Meh, I really didn't expect to be here this long as I was one of those annoying people who got pregnant easily the first time around when my eggs were 8 years younger.

GTKY- If you could give a newly pregnant mom any real-life advice, what would you tell her? This too shall pass. Even though that's so cliche and actually not helpful at all when you hear it when you're in the thick of things. But it's so true. I remember bringing DS home and just thinking like..... what have I done? Not that I ever regretted having him or anything like that, I just felt like my life would never be "normal" again. Every phase seems to last forever, but looking back it all flies by. 

DS: June 2008
    Married: July 2015
    BFP: 5/20/16  |  EDD: 1/28/17  |  Twin boys born 1/16/17
  • Options
    @ladystinson : I like the idea of keeping a planner and documenting EVERYTHING.  That would be so much fun.  I don't remember much about my pregnancy except puking and being on bedrest.  Sigh.

@crazypt2285 : All the hugs.  I'm so sorry you're having a rough time.  Take care of yourself!

@jedially85: We also wanted a smaller age gap, but it's getting larger and larger each month.  We'll get there.  And I hear you on the nap part....what I wouldn't give to just lay down and watch some TV.

@sldp123:  I didn't expect to be here either.  DS was actually an "oops" baby, but the best thing that's ever happened to us.  Now that we're actually trying, it's not happening.  Weird.

Cycle/Month: 6/6

Number trying for (#2, #3, etc.): #2.  DS is a year old.

Rants/raves:  Today is DS's birthday! We're going to have a big party this weekend.  I am holding off on testing any more until Monday because I don't want to be sad on his big weekend.

GTKY- If you could give a newly pregnant mom any real-life advice, what would you tell her?  Savor every single moment.  It goes by so, so quick.  I know that EVERYONE says this exact same thing, but I didn't understand it until this morning when I woke up and all of the sudden had a one-year old. 

• Options
    @clover28 Happy Birthday to your DS! I hope you have fun celebrating this weekend! And I hate to tell you, but the years only start going faster from here, haha.

DS: June 2008
    Married: July 2015
    BFP: 5/20/16  |  EDD: 1/28/17  |  Twin boys born 1/16/17
  • Options
    @clover28  happy birthday to your DS! First birthdays can be so much fun! Enjoy! And you are right they grow up too fast, I blinked and my baby boy is a full fledged toddler now.

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• Options
    Cycle/Month: 4/4 but we were trying in 2014 before my husband got cancer

Rants/raves: Nothing negative to say right now.. Obviously I'm impatient but aren't we all haha!

I would tell her that when you're in the delivery room and you have your baby.. you'll be on an emotional roller coaster, and you'll (most likely) be in pain and the room will be buzzing with people doing their thing. Take that moment to look in your little ones eyes and take it all in. In the days to come people will want to visit and you'll be lacking sleep and before you know it months will have passed and you'll feel like you hardly got any time with your newborn! 

my second piece of advice on a funny note is.. if you've got a boy always remember to point his penis DOWN inside the diaper. otherwise you'll end up with soaked clothes and a dry bottom lol

Me: 37
    DH: 36
    Married: 08-25-07
    DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken

• Options
    Cycle/Month: 6/9... I think

Number trying for (#2, #3, etc.): 2

Rants/raves: currently 15dpo. Normal LP is 11 days but no bfp... Frustrated, to say the least. This is my first cycle taking femara to induce ovulation because of PCOS.

Non invasive genetic testing? Get it. DS is here and alive because of it, true story.
    image image
  • Options

Cycle/Month:  5 

Number trying for (#2, #3, etc.): #2...I'm also one of the annoying ones who got pregnant with DS right away and that isn't helping the BSC.  

Rants/raves:   DS is 2.5 and he is pretty good for the most part with the terrible twos but the last two weeks he has been super emotional and clingy which is very unlike him - breaks my heart when I have to leave him at daycare and doesn't help that AF is here so that adds to my emotions.   

Rave:  i have my 1st acupuncture appt tomo! I hope it helps with the headaches I have been getting and of course in the ttc realm of things as well.  At the very least I am looking forward to it relaxing me. 

it really does fly by...im sure you have heard that a million times but until your LO is here, you really won't get it.  Listen to what other people say but you are the mom and you know best! Follow your instincts.  Also, you are your child's best advocate. Ask the doctor any question or concern you have. Don't be afraid of them thinking you are crazy - trust me, they have heard it all! Same thing with daycare providers - speak up.  You will make mistakes. Don't be hard on yourself. We all do it!  If someone says they don't, they are a liar! Don't worry about not being "ready"..no one really is. Parenting is a lot of trial and error. You will find your groove.  Also, because no one told me, in the couple weeks after delivering, your emotions will be all over the friggin place ...it's totally normal.  You may cry and have absolutely no idea why.  It's ok!  But if it lasts more than a couple of weeks, then please ask for help.  It doesn't make you a bad mom to ask for help! 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• Options
    Cycle/Month: 1- I had my IUD takenoutright around O day, so I'm waiting for AF to really get down to business.  

Number trying for (#2, #3, etc.): # 3

Rants/raves: My 4 year old is in rare form right now.  It makes me wonder if this is the right time.  

i didn't love my OB with my first, but I kept thinking it would get better and by the time I realized it wasn't going to get better, I thought it was too late to switch.  I just want everyone to have a an OB that they are comfortable with.  I like my new one so much that sometimes I think," I'm going to miss you when I don't see you all the time."
  • Options
    FSUNole31FSUNole31 member
    edited April 2016
    Cycle:Month:  2/2 (+5 NTNP)

Rants/raves: Timing is stressing me out.  I get so angry because if I wouldn't have miscarried I would have been home a full year with the baby.  Now I am trying to figure out starting back teaching this fall and hopefully being pregnant.  Rave:  I am so happy with how well my 2 are playing together.  They really are enjoying each other and they are just staring to pretend together.  

Hmmm...try not to get caught up in all the things you think you need for a baby.  They really don't need as much stuff as is marketed for them.  Also to really enjoy all the movements and how your body changes.  It really is amazing.  

After the baby arrives it is ok if you don't feel that instant overwhelming love everyone talks about.  I honestly didn't with my son, I mean I liked holding him and I took care of him but it took me a few days to feel it.  I thought something was wrong with me and I was a terrible person.  Your emotions are crazy after giving birth so don't be afraid to talk about it.
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• Options
    @ladystinson The planner sounds like so much fun!

@crazypt2285 I'm sorry you are having a hard time right now.

@fsunole31 LOVE my Noles. 
  • Options
    Cycle/Month: 7

Number trying for (#2, #3, etc.): 2

Rants/raves: My 14 month old has recently started nursing at night like a newborn again (every 1.5 hours or so), and I am torally too lazy and tired to do anything about it until he gets a little older. It's less energy to roll over and offer a boob, lol. 

1. Drink tons of water and take your vitamins.
    2. Take pictures of your changing body.
    3. Don't but a crap ton of stuff you dont really need. Despite what babes r us tells us, a baby actually needs surprisingly little. Now, sure, if you like it, get it. But know that you don't have to.
    4. Research breastfeeding, don't assume it will be easy. If you want to do it, know that you could run into some road blocks and it's nice to learn about them when you aren't a sloppy teary 2 day pp mess, lol. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

FSUNole31 said:
    Cycle:Month:  2/2 (+5 NTNP)

Rants/raves: Timing is stressing me out.  I get so angry because if I wouldn't have miscarried I would have been home a full year with the baby.  Now I am trying to figure out starting back teaching this fall and hopefully being pregnant.  Rave:  I am so happy with how well my 2 are playing together.  They really are enjoying each other and they are just staring to pretend together.  

Hmmm...try not to get caught up in all the things you think you need for a baby.  They really don't need as much stuff as is marketed for them.  Also to really enjoy all the movements and how your body changes.  It really is amazing.  

After the baby arrives it is ok if you don't feel that instant overwhelming love everyone talks about.  I honestly didn't with my son, I mean I liked holding him and I took care of him but it took me a few days to feel it.  I thought something was wrong with me and I was a terrible person.  Your emotions are crazy after giving birth so don't be afraid to talk about it.
    Yes. I certainly geeky overwhelming emotion, but the deep bonding developed slowly for me. I had to be really intentional about being mindful because my anxiety about my son's sleepiness (he was pretty jaundiced) and club foot were out of control. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @longliveregina My 12 month old has regressed to all night nurse-a-thons too.  We only nurse twice during the day now so I think hes figured out that I am too tired to say no at night. Smart little buggers.
  • Options
    Cycle/Month: 6/9

Rants/raves: I just started acupuncture and I'm hoping to shorten up my cycle and get a more consistent O day. Right now my cycles have  varied from 36 days to 52 days, with O hitting on CD 23, CD 33 and CD 36.  So it's a lot of variability, and my husband works afternoon shifts during the week so I have to wake up at 3am to get timing in during the week. So it's tricky coordinating that with a long cycle and an inconsistent O. When I talked with the acupuncturist I felt like he had a whole plan of care for me, and he asked me so many more questions than any dr has asked. I just really want it to work. 

breastfeeding isn't easy. The baby is new to breastfeeding and so are you. Cut yourself some slack cuz it's tricky. 

I will echo some previous posters and say you don't need all the things. There is something about being pregnant where many women LOSE THEIR MINDS and become super materialistic and ungrateful. If you want an entertaining board, the baby shower board is ruthless because they have to curb so many crazy women who are posting ridiculous complaints. I side eye women who complain about someone who bought off registry gifts and complain about having to return it. You will CRAVE an aimless visit to Target. Save your returns for a time after the baby is born and you want to get out of the house. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31
    DS: 5 years old
    TTC #2 since August 2015
    July 2016: Testing cycle with 100 mg Clomid = BFN
    August 2016: 50 mg Clomid + IUI = BFN
    October 2016: IVF#1 - 13 retrieved / 12 mature /  9 fertilized / 2 blasts
    November 2016: FET#1 = chemical
    January 2017: FET#2 = chemical
    March 2017: IVF#2 - 18 retrieved / 18 mature / 16 fertilized / 5 blasts
    April 24, 2017: FET#3 - BFN
    May 24, 2017: FET#4 - BFP! - Beta #1 151 - Beta #2 503 - Due date 2/9/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker