September 2015 Moms
Options

Anti-Vaxers: I wanna hear your story!! Pro-Vaxers: I wanna hear your story!!

2»

Re: Anti-Vaxers: I wanna hear your story!! Pro-Vaxers: I wanna hear your story!!

• Options
    Pro Vax and also breastfeeding. Never heard the argument that the two are or should be related. I guess I don't understand how breastfeeding could prevent my child from getting diseases like measles or hepatitis? Glad you let everyone know that your child is unvaccinated tho. It's thoughtful. And I'm sure most parents with unvaccinated kids don't do the same. 
  • Options
    Okay, so I am going to say I truly hope I don't offend anyone with my comment! 

I am am very pro-breastfeeding. It's important to me. 
    However, breastfeeding is not a guaranteed immunity to anything. And it's definitely not an immunity to MMR, meningitis, Varicella, TDAP. That's not the way breastfeeding works and it's certainly not how immunity works! So I am pro-vaccine. I don't really think that you should have the option to not get vaccines in my opinion unless you can prove family
    medical history of contraindications or you have a terribly weakened immune system and the risk would outweigh the benefit. 

Having said that I respect the fact that it's a parent's choice to decide; I just don't agree. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Pro vax here. My aunt was an RN in a Hospital maternity ward for years. She said all anybody ever needed to do was listen to an infant with whooping cough for a few minutes and there would be no question on the necessity of vaccines. I'm with other posters that opting out should not be a choice, but something done as a last resort for extenuating circumstances. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker