San Diego Babies

Best OBGYN in San Diego

I will be moving to Camp Pendleton in my third trimester (not looking forward to it) so I will need to find a new OBGYN. I am looking for recommendations. Thanks in advance.

Re: Best OBGYN in San Diego

• What medical group are you with? I'm assuming you're not going with military drs? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Tricare - no, I will not be going with the military doctors. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry I'm no help. I'm not really familiar with TriCare or pretty much anything north of Del Mar. I'm going between Sharp and Scripps, because thats what I grew up using as a kid out here. Good luck with your search!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • If you go to uhcmilitarywest.com you can search for tricare doctors in your area. Some a marked for quality and cost efficiency. Then start researching them online. I'm going with west coast OB and sharp Mary birch. I've also been told by a friend Dr Kevin McNeely, who delivers at Scripps La Jolla is good. He's in Rancho Bernardo. But what works for one person might not work for you so make sure you do your own research.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • meggyme said:
    If you go to uhcmilitarywest.com you can search for tricare doctors in your area. Some a marked for quality and cost efficiency. Then start researching them online. I'm going with west coast OB and sharp Mary birch. I've also been told by a friend Dr Kevin McNeely, who delivers at Scripps La Jolla is good. He's in Rancho Bernardo. But what works for one person might not work for you so make sure you do your own research.
    I'm going with Sharp as well :) I grew up in the Sharp R-S network, and I've never had an issue. I considered McNeely and Dr Ryan Dunn at Scripps (he's in Carmel Valley, delivered my best friends son. He's awesome yet a little quirky. Likes gummy bears. Don't ask lol), but I just felt more comfortable going with Sharp. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • If you are using tri-care you can see dr. Kevin McNeely at Scripps in Rancho Bernardo! I love Dr. McNeely...He is AWESOME!! Oh and for any other mommies thinking of banking their cord blood, I just signed up with FamilyCord and they have a discount code for Southern California Moms to save $450.00! Code: S1115SPS call them they are super nice...I did my research..they are the most affordable BEST private bank and they even do their own financing with no credit checks. I don't usually go on and on about a company like this but I was so impressed with them and how they really just wanted me to be able to afford their services..super nice and not pushy. But REALLY go see Dr. McNeely...you will love him and his whole office so nice.