2nd Trimester
Options

What to do for swelling

My ankles, feet and hands are swelling! How do I reduce the swelling.
I having a feeling my boyfriend is going to be purposing soon so I don't want my hands swollen lol
I have a 9month old son so it's really hard too find time too work put :/
What could I do to help the swelling? 

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    To echo PP, lots of water and low sodium foods. If you're starting down then keep your legs elevated when possible. For my hands, I take off my rings at night and don't keep a hair tie on my wrist. Take a daily walk with your son in the stroller for exercise? Do you work or stay at home? If you work, especially on your feet then invest in good compression socks. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Also, eat less red meat, and more fruits and vegetables.  A quick search of "anti inflammatory diet" will tell you what you need to know
  • Options
    You need to really check labels. It's surprising how much sodium can be hidden in foods. Drink lots of water. Eat lots of fruits and veggies. 
  • Options
    I can't second enough what other posters are saying watch your sodium intake and make sure you are drinking plenty of water. And by lessening your sodium intake it also helps to keep your blood pressure in check as well. But daily walks are great too to help with swelling. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers