June 2015 Moms

March twin check in

1. How old are your gorgeous babies now? 
2. Any new milestones? Are they crawling, sitting on their own or standing yet? 
3. Do they stay on the same schedule or opposite schedules? 
4. Have you tried real food yet? If so, what are their favorites? 
5. What are you looking forward to doing with them this summer? 
6. Are they still in their infant car seats? If they are, when do you plan to move into a bigger car seat? 
7. What size clothing are they in now? 
8. Any questions for the group? Anything you'd like to add? 

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: March twin check in

• beckyk9109beckyk9109 member
    edited March 2016
    I feel like we've all fall off earth and disconnected, I'm so happy this exists to check in on everyone!

1. How old are your gorgeous babies now? - they'll be 10months this coming week on the 16th!

2. Any new milestones? Are they crawling, sitting on their own or standing yet? - not quite crawling. We can get on all fours and rock back and forth for an hour straight and still not get anywhere. Almost. We just recently got comfortable with sitting unassisted. Definitely nowhere close to standing. I feel like we're behind on these milestones.

3. Do they stay on the same schedule or opposite schedules? - mostly same schedule. They recently started daycare (out SAHM friend was watching them for us) and they are AWESOME. I can't believe I'm actually more relaxed with them at daycare than our friends (her toddlers can be roudy, and she has a new LO due in a month).

4. Have you tried real food yet? If so, what are their favorites? - they love all and every food. We're still on purées and Gerber puffs and crunchies. I keep saying I want to move to "real" solids but I'm too scared. Someday...

5. What are you looking forward to doing with them this summer? - I live in PA and I'm dying to get to Knoebles Amusement Park with them. They have an awesome kid park that I just know they're going to love and have so much fun at!

6. Are they still in their infant car seats? If they are, when do you plan to move into a bigger car seat? - for convenience, we have the bigger twin in her convertible and the smaller twin still in her carrier. It works for or solo daycare runs. Still don't have a good solution for when peanut needs to switch to her convertible but she's only 0.5inches away from the max height in her carrier. 

7. What size clothing are they in now? - Aria's a peanut in 9m clothes, some 12m pants for length. Adalynn is borderline 18m. I had to jump her up to 18m sleepers already because they're both so long.

8. Any questions for the group? Anything you'd like to add? - bonus points for pictures!! 

Edit: I hit reply too quickly so I'll have to attach my pics in another comment. Mobile fail.
  • Loading the player...
  • I love reading these!!!
  • edited March 2016
    1. How old are your gorgeous babies now? They turned 9 months on the 3rd.

2. Any new milestones? Are they crawling, sitting on their own or standing yet? They sit really well on their own. M army crawls and rolls everywhere. H is just content whatever you put her. My ds was crawling by 9 months and walking at 12 months. I try not to compare. I know every baby hits milestones at their own pace. They'll get there. 

3. Do they stay on the same schedule or opposite schedules? They always eat together. They are pretty close to the same schedule. H just sleeps more, so that makes things a little different. 

4. Have you tried real food yet? If so, what are their favorites? We're still doing a lot of baby food. We did give them some bread and malt o meal. Those were hits. Otherwise we're loving our puffs and rice rusks.

5. What are you looking forward to doing with them this summer? I can't wait for the warm weather! I love being outside. I want to go to the parks, the zoo, the pool and just go for walks. I'm excited to not have to bundle them all up every time we go somewhere. 

6. Are they still in their infant car seats? If they are, when do you plan to move into a bigger car seat? We plan to switch them over by the end of the month. Our temps are supposed to get back into the 30s next week, so I love the protection of the carrier. 

7. What size clothing are they in now? They wear 9-12 months and some 12 month. They're about 3 ounces different in weight is all, so it's great! 

8. Any questions for the group? Anything you'd like to add? Will post a new picture later. Just put a new card in my phone, so didn't have pictures yet. 

• Ok all of our twin moms. Where are you hiding? Lol. 

• Like I said, i think we all fell off earth! I haven't seen anyone posting recently!  :(
  • @jjvanwagner25  @47923ang @Emilywooddesign @mamameghan and @tdotson0722  we wanna know how your twinsies are! Come playyy!
  • Omg adorable! ^^ I want twins but doubt it will happen since there has never been twins in my family. 
  • Hi ladies!!! I've been so busy, as I'm sure all if you have too! Charlie and Maddie are 10 months! They love mashed potatoes, crawling and standing with assitance. Charlie can walk with her walker :) they are in 12-18 month clothes and we can't wait to talk walks and go to the zoo this summer. They are on the same schedule, if not I'd go insane lol. They have big girl seats now and they love them! So much more room for them but now we double stroller it everywhere!  Glad all the twin mommas are doing good! Is anyone getting baby fever yet because I am!
  • No baby fever here. We are done. We've got 3.5 year old big brother and the girls. Our family is complete. We moved the girls to their big car seats over the weekend. They love them. There's so much more freedom for them. They're just growing up too fast! 

• beckyk9109beckyk9109 member
    edited March 2016
    Awww @jjvanwagner25 I love it!!! I'll be so sad when they outgrow them.
     I'm definitely having baby fever! I want one more, but my husband is terrified of having twins again. 
  • Helllllooooooo ladies,

Im still lurking! The twins are 10 months and they are both almost crawling and they love to stand with assistance. I feel much better reading that im not alone with lagging on the milestones.

Both the twins loveeee music and love to dance and are always clapping, it's pretty cute.

Naomi is wearing 6-12month clothes and Julian is wearing 9-12 and some 12-18 it really depends on the brand of clothes. 

They are totally on the same schedule which makes life happy for everyone.

We are in our big kid car seats now which I'm kind of happy about because those bucket seats were getting pretty heavy. 

They eat all food and love it. We have started giving more chunky pieces and they are enjoying feeding themselves. 

We moved into a new house in the fall and we have a big yard with a nice pool that we didn't get the chance to use last year, so I'm looking forward to hanging out outside and swimming. 

i have a bit of baby fever also but I'm scared to have twins again. What if I always hyper ovulate? Yikess 
  • I don't know what happened in the last week since I posted my update (I was away from them for new work training but still), but both girls can officially crawling and can pull themselves up to standing. How do you ladies keep up!? I'm afraid to leave in the living room now that they're into everything!
  • I'm lucky enough they have a 3.5 year old big brother. He watches them and yells at me if they get into something they shouldn't. Otherwise yes, I don't go anywhere I can't see them. 

• I don't know what happened in the last week since I posted my update (I was away from them for new work training but still), but both girls can officially crawling and can pull themselves up to standing. How do you ladies keep up!? I'm afraid to leave in the living room now that they're into everything!

It is  crazy how fast they master skills! We're lucky enough to have a large family room that we can gate them in that's pretty much dedicated as their play area now, very baby proof.
  • Has anyone dealt with their twins pulling each other's hair and biting each other? Sometimes they are so mean to each other. I just say a firm that's not nice and move them away. How do you guys deal with that?
  • My twins don't bite each other, but they do pull hair. We say a firm no, separate them and give them each a toy. Our biggest problem is them fighting over toys. Man, do they fight over toys. Someone always ends up crying. 

• Yeah my girls fight over toys too. They'll figure it out right? Lol
  • We don't have the biting, but yes to hair and ear pulling (I can't explain the ear thing, but they're fascinated by each other). And VERY MUCH YES to toy fighting. One girl more so than the other. Trying to discipline, but half the time she laughs and the other half she has a meltdown... Can't win.