July 2016 Moms

Self tanners

2»

Re: Self tanners

• Loading the player...
  • Well I'm tan year round with absolutely no effort lol. #blackprivilege 
    Hahah, brilliant 10 points.
  • Sugar is terrible for you. Way worse than the sun. 

• Actually everything can give you cancer don't hate on the sun. You want to be dumb and not wear sunscreen than that's on you. You don't go into a pool and blame the pool for you drowning because you didn't want to learn how to swim. Nuff said.

Eta. sugar gives you diabetes and other health problems. 
    This is true. But let's not pretend that sunscreen isn't full of evil chemicals, too! 

• If we're voting, I'm also in camp don't use self-tanner while pregnant. It's not worth the risks associated with exposure to all of the chemical garbage listed under ingredients on the label. Read all the ingredients out loud and google them. If you're still comfortable, do what you want. Use common sense though. 
  • edited April 2016
    erin7264 said:
    Actually everything can give you cancer don't hate on the sun. You want to be dumb and not wear sunscreen than that's on you. You don't go into a pool and blame the pool for you drowning because you didn't want to learn how to swim. Nuff said.

Eta. sugar gives you diabetes and other health problems. 
    This is true. But let's not pretend that sunscreen isn't full of evil chemicals, too! 

Except you can buy safe sunscreen. Or you know keep your pale selves inside all day. 
  • Yes, also read out loud and google all ingredients in sun screen. If you're still comfortable, proceed. Always use common sense.
  • edited April 2016
    Yes, also read out loud and google all ingredients in sun screen. If you're still comfortable, proceed. Always use common sense.
    That's how I buy my food, if I can't pronounce  it, more than likely I won't eat it. 
  • Except you can buy safe sunscreen. Or you know keep your pale selves inside all day. 
    Don't go being all common-sensical, now. I won't advocate spray-tanning, but I'm not about to pretend that slathering yourself in oxybenzone is any better, pregnant or not. Read labels, ask your doctor/midwife, pretty much the usual SOP for anything questionable while your pregnant. And consider a hat, an umbrella, or some of those fancy new technical sun-blocking clothes they have out now to avoid the dark splotches our increased hormones make us prone to. 

• MamaBish said:
    I don't use self tanner when not pregnant and the sun hates my pasty pale skin and I literally do not tan. #PastyPeopleUnite 

Omg yes!!
  • erin7264 said:
    Except you can buy safe sunscreen. Or you know keep your pale selves inside all day. 
    Don't go being all common-sensical, now. I won't advocate spray-tanning, but I'm not about to pretend that slathering yourself in oxybenzone is any better, pregnant or not. Read labels, ask your doctor/midwife, pretty much the usual SOP for anything questionable while your pregnant. And consider a hat, an umbrella, or some of those fancy new technical sun-blocking clothes they have out now to avoid the dark splotches our increased hormones make us prone to. 

So your point is exactly?
  • July BMB 2016 July siggy challenge

• @ButterMyBiscuit that gif pretty much is the end of this thread. 
  • Can we talk about this some more because I missed all the fun earlier.

I only saw the last page and then tried to figure out how we got sugar compared to self-tanner. 
  • Wait, so I'm not supposed to use a milk and sugar mix instead of sunblock?
  • @jlgriff11 only if you bring me a dead horse later so I can beat it
  • Wait, so I'm not supposed to use a milk and sugar mix instead of sunblock?
    I was going to say crisco
  • St. Tropez is my favorite. 
  • @agradi   :'( Your nephew makes me want to cry imagining my LO one day saying something like that to me!