January 2016 Moms
Options

Baby always slumps to one side

I posted on the February board but wanted to see if anyone here has experienced this. In his bouncer or swing baby always slumps to one side. It's not his neck though. It's his body. I can straighten him out fine and he looks both ways fine. But his body always slumps to the right side. Anyone know anything about this?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Baby always slumps to one side

• Options
    We can guess but this is a question that is better answered by your baby's doctor.
  • Options
    For my LO it's the left side. I'm not concerned about it. She is fine turning to both sides but she does tend to turn left more often. Most people have a side they favour, weight bear on, and lean toward. Mention it to your doctor if you're worried, but I'm pretty sure it's normal.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine has started doing this in her swing lately. I think she's just squirming more and trying to reach. As PP said, ask your peditrician
  • Options
    I plan on asking the doctor but that appointment isn't for another 2 weeks. Just wanted to see if anyone else's lo does this. I googled it and it seems like maybe it's common for them to do until they begin sitting. But I'm a little worried and still have a bit before his 2 month apt.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This happened with our little one when she was younger,  most likely due to core weakness. Now she is 3 months and is no longer doing this. 
  • Options
    Yes, my baby does this too.  She favors her right side -- for us, we went to OT after she was born because it was actually affecting her jaw and latch --- had something to do with her position in utero and getting stuck in the birth canal.  We have exercises to do with her. I'm sure hearing your doctor say it's normal will make you feel good, maybe call the hotline number - I call mine 1x a week